This morning I was suppose to lift back and biceps, but as I mentioned a few days ago, I was ready to change up my workout routine one last time before Mexico. I kept the 20 minutes of intervals the same but instead of doing back and biceps, I did a total body circuit (excluding abs- I like to do abs at home or in a circuit of their own). This circuit workout is designed to burn as much fat and as many calories as possible in a short amount of time. It is also going to tone the muscles as opposed to build muscle. I had 40 minutes to get through each circuit twice, it was a fast paced challenge and a lot of fun! Here is what I did:
20 minutes running intervals
- Straight Bar Pull Down- 60lbs, 12-15reps
- One Arm Bench Row- 15lbs, 15reps
- Back Extension- 10lbs, 15-20reps
- Bicep Curls- 12-15lbs, 15reps
- Squats- 25lbs, 12-15reps
- Butt Kicks- 25reps
- Chest Press- 25lbs, 10-12reps
- Pec Fly- 15lbs, 10-15reps
- Triceps Pull Down with a Rope- 45lbs, 15reps
- French Press on Bench- 10-12lbs, 15reps
- Walking Lunge- 10lb Dumbbells, 20-24reps
- High Knee Kicks- 15reps (25 would have been better but I was getting short on time)
- Shoulder Press- 15lbs, 15reps
- Lateral Raise (seated)- 8lbs, 10-15reps
- Rear Delt Fly- 10lbs, 15 reps
- Hammer Curls- 10lbs, 15reps
- Plie Squats- 25lbs, 12-15reps (I skipped this one today because of time. I had already lifted my quads and glutes from the lunges and squats)
- Deadlifts- 20-25lb Dumbbells, 15 reps (I made sure to get these in for the hamstrings though)
- Mountain Climbers- 25reps
This whole workout without skipping anything should probably take about an hour and 10-15minutes. We were running late today so we needed to get out of there after an hour. I am going to replace my three days of strength with three days of these circuits.
Here are my HR stats from the workout
- Time: 1:02:08
- Calories: 537 (35% fat)
- Max Heart Rate: 197bpm (102% max)
- Average Heart Rate: 158bpm (82% max)
Motivation for the Day: My body. I saw it is national love your body day on Caitlin’s website. So my motivation for today is my healthy and strong body! : )
Three Things I am Thankful for Today: 1- My strong and healthy body! 2- The Husband’s 29th birthday today! Happy Birthday Baby! 3- My Mom has one more whole day to spend with us before heading back up to Minnesota!
My Goal for the Day: Make gym my clients feel like strong and healthy women who love their bodies when they leave the gym today!
Motivational Quote of the Day: Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Breakfast will be coffee, toast with PB and some organic raspberries!
A great breakfast to help refuel my body after an awesome workout!
What do you love most about your body? What is your favorite muscle group to workout?
I hope everyone has a great morning and treats their bodies to some well deserved exercise today and healthy nutritious foods!
Does anyone else love to snowboard?