Short Day Yay!

20 Jan

Since we didn’t have MLK Jr. day off like everyone  else I’ve talked with, I am so pumped that it is Thursday!  Short day!  Today after work, I need to head on over to the DMV to get my last name finally changed on my license.  I went last week, but my social security number hadn’t changed yet so I could do it, and I went Monday, but they were closed because of the holiday.  So after being married 5 months, I am finally taking the plunge.  Also, I think I better change my address as well.  My old address from about 3 years ago is still on my DL.

Here are the rest of my eats from yesterday

• PM Snack:  Chicken Nachos (chicken breast, pepper jack cheese, tortilla chips, salsa.  Just a small portion since it is so indulgent) & Hot Chocolate
  • Dinner:  Small serving of left over pasta

For breakfast today I had a green smoothie.  Since I had salty tortilla chips yesterday afternoon and basically no vegetables (expect for those in the pasta) I felt I needed to infuse my body with spinach!  And it will help me de-bloat!  : )

I make mine with 1 banana, 3 cups of spinach, 5 ice cubes and 1 cup of Almond Milk.  So good!

SAM_3559 SAM_3560

Well, I got to get ready to train my first client!

Question:  What is your favorite way to make a green smoothie?

About these ads

11 Responses to “Short Day Yay!”

1. Bess January 20, 2011 at 11:34 am #

When I make green monsters they are pretty much exactly the same as yours except i throw some vanilla protein powder in there too!

2. movesnmunchies January 20, 2011 at 11:37 am #

oo i love frozen nanner, choc protein powder and cinnamon!

3. Katie January 20, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

I love green protein smoothies!

I like mine with sunwarrior protein, half frozen banana, almond butter, spinach, and almond milk! I like adding cacao powder too

4. fitchocoholic January 20, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

I’ve actually never made a green smoothie…..what does it taste like?

5. Ashley @ Taste for Healthy January 20, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

My typical green smoothie is:

- 1 frozen banana
    - 4 cups greens
    - 1 date
    - 1/2 c. water

Haha… I need to get more creative! :)

6. sophia January 20, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

I’ve never made a green smoothie before! I kind of prefer to eat my greens. And it’s weird, but when I drink smoothies, I get stomachaches.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 21, 2011 at 7:09 am #

I usually like eating my greens, but sometimes when it cmoes to spinach I like it cooked or in a smoothie better than raw! : )

7. Caree @ Fit-Mama January 24, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

Do you use a juicer or just a normal blender?