Tofu Tonight…Finally!

27 Jan

Okay, so I finally decided to make the tofu that has been sitting in our fridge for almost 2 weeks!  It took me a while to decided what to make with it, because I wanted to make a good tofu impression on the Husband so he would come back for more.  After asking you guys (thanks for everyone who commented on what I should do with my tofu), I decided I wanted to make it with stir fry vegetables.

I used the following marinade:  black pepper, honey, paprika, chili, olive oil, salt and sesame seeds.  I was proud to serve it to the Husband.  I thought it was decent.  The Husband took a bite and liked it (cue Angels singing), then took another bite and spit it out.  : (

SAM_3745 SAM_3744

He requested I never make tofu again.  Epic failure with tofu in the Conrad household tonight.  I will admit, it wasn’t the best tofu I’ve ever had.  At least it looks tasty in the pics!

SAM_3746 SAM_3747

SAM_3761 SAM_3766

Mixed with vegetables:  mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, celery and red onion

Next time, the Husband can grill a steak while I keep experimenting with tofu! :)

Onto the other eats of the day,

• Breakfast- Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread with PB and 1/2 cup of coffee

• AM Snack- Organic Banana
  • Lunch- 1 Chocolate Vita Top & 1 Natural Cheese, Rice and Bean Burrito

SAM_3737 SAM_3739

• Dinner- Tofu Stir Fry  and with San Pellegrino and Lemon

Today I went to get my hair cut and colored and when I was leaving, I was offered to take as many lemons and oranges and I wanted.  I wasn’t bashful, check out his huge bowl of fruit that is now sitting on our kitchen island!  Plus they were locally grown and picked!

I think I took 10 lemons and 4 oranges!  I love my citrus fruits!

After dinner, I watched the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion.  Those woman are crazy.  I like Lisa and Adrienne the best, they avoid the drama!

Question:  What is your favorite type of citrus fruit?  I really really really love lemons!

About these ads

18 Responses to “Tofu Tonight…Finally!”

1. Shanna, like Banana January 27, 2011 at 8:53 pm #

GAH! I need to make this tofu dish for you. My hubby and my bestie’s hubby gobbles this up every time! I also have a maple tofu recipe that is pretty fantastic. If he doesn’t like that, give up ;)

2. Stefanie January 27, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

Oh no–that’s too bad that your tofu didn’t turn out! Don’t give up! Just make two dishes next time: chicken for the hub and tofu for you. Just in case the tofu doesn’t quite work out! :)

3. Maryann January 27, 2011 at 11:13 pm #

Was it really that bad? It looks so good though! My favorite citrus fruit is grapefruit followed by oranges!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 28, 2011 at 6:47 am #

I didn’t think it was that bad. I willing to try to make another recipe with it. The Husband said he almost threw up, and said it was one of the worst things he has ever ate!

4. Elin @andserenitytoo January 28, 2011 at 4:00 am #

That looks delicious! Too bad he didn’t like it… Look forward though to see you keep experimenting with the tofu! (I’m considering just grinding mine up and making a smoothie or something – seriously don’t know how to cook those things!)
    My favorite citrus fruit is clementine! Tastes like Christmas :)

5. movesnmunchies January 28, 2011 at 5:17 am #

oo great question!! i love clementines the most probably..! the stirfry looks great though!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 28, 2011 at 6:49 am #

The vegetables rocked this world in the stir fry, the tofu I didn’t think was too bad, but not something I would crave.

6. Karen January 28, 2011 at 7:24 am #

I love the smell of lemons but my favorite fruit to eat is watermelon! I could eat watermelon until I burst! Right now I’m wishing it was summer time and watermelons would be in season.

7. IHeartVegetables January 28, 2011 at 8:59 am #

Haha I have a bad habit of buying tofu and letting it sit in my fridge until I have to throw it out :( Not good! Next time I’ll have to remember this recipe :) Normally I just can’t think of what to do with it!

8. Stacie@sugarandsneakers January 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is such a guilty pleasure of mine! I agree that Lisa and Adrienne are the least dramatic.

9. Jess January 29, 2011 at 12:34 pm #