Weekend Eats and Monday Morning

31 Jan

Sunday

• Breakfast-  Green Smoothie with lots of spinach

• Lunch- Leftover Chinese Food (Crab Wontons, Lemon Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken, Shrimp Fired Rice.  Oh so good, not the healthiest though.  That is why I had a green smoothie for breakfast and a healthy protein packed dinner!  Everything in moderation to keep life balanced and healthy)

If you live in Prescott and haven’t had Chinese food from Chi’s you are missing out!  Best ever!

• Dinner-  Turkey Burger on a Whole Wheat Bun with Organic American Cheese, Lettuce and Tomato with a small serving of Spicy Sweet Potato Fries on the side

If you haven’t tried these you must!

Spicy Sweet Potato Julienne Fries

I couldn’t finish all my fries so the Husband had to help!

Sunday’s workout was a quick 15 minutes on the Arc Trainer followed by a fab ab and triceps strength workout.

On Friday, I got a package from Chobani!  I love Chobani products so much and they are featured on this blog often.  Emily sent me some samples of the kids Chobani Champions (Thanks Emily!).  I’ve tried both already and think they rock!  I am def. going to have my sister start feeding this yogurt to my niece as it is all natural, preservative free, high in protein and tastes amazing!

Quincy was curious what was in the box

They come in Verry Berry and also Honey-nana.

SAM_3781 SAM_3782

Even though I’m not a kid, I would definitely buy this yogurt for myself and the Husband.  I loved the flavors especially the Honey-nana, and love that the serving is smaller that Chobani’s typical yogurt cups.  These would be great before working out.

On the agenda for today is work, work and more work.  I have so much to get caught up on.  After my lazy Monday from last week, I have felt behind ever since, so today I’m going to bust my butt to be as productive as I can be!

Today’s workout was 45 minutes on the treadmill alternating between walking on an incline of 12 and running at a speed of 6.6.  My hip was feeling pretty good, but while warming up, my hip flexor gave out a few times.  I’ve never had that happen before.  I took an extra couple of minutes to warm up and that seemed to do the trick.  Today after work, I want to get in another 15 minutes of the Elliptical at home and then do some hot yoga.  I think that will help stretch my tight hips!

At home getting my workout on the elliptical!

Okay, that is it for now!  I hope you all have a truly fantastic day!

Question:  What are you thankful for on this glorious day?

I’m thankful to be healthy and happy and actually excited that it is Monday today!  : )

About these ads

18 Responses to “Weekend Eats and Monday Morning”

1. Shanna, like Banana January 31, 2011 at 9:02 am #

Love Emily from Chobani! I’m on my last one and am going to need to stock up STAT!

2. oatsandspice January 31, 2011 at 10:15 am #

I am in love with chobani – I have never seen that kind though!

Your blog it so cute! I can’t wait to read more… I just started blogging about two month ago – it is SO addicting :) Check out my page if you get a chance: http://oatsandspice.wordpress.com

3. ihearteggs January 31, 2011 at 10:34 am #

I am thankful it’s supposed to snow thursday so it MGIHT just warm up a bit! ahaha

4. movesnmunchies January 31, 2011 at 11:02 am #

wow!! new cobani right there!! im thankful that its one less day of winter. haha!

5. Maren January 31, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

I love Chobani too. It’s my favorite Greek yogurt. I haven’t seen these flavors though. I’ll have to keep my eye open.

6. Little Miss Fitness January 31, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

Kjirsten! I love your blog. I recently found it through pb fingers. I also love Alexia fries! My husband and I buy that brand for our garlic bread, too–super delicious.

P.S. I’m from MN!! However, my husband and I are now Floridians…though we will always be northerners at heart. :)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 1, 2011 at 6:43 am #

I’m still a Minnesotan at heart too! I’m even missing all the snow and cold weather they are getting! The Husband and I have never tried the garlic bread before but might give it a try the next time I see it at the store! Glad you are loving the blog!

7. Peggy January 31, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

That Chobani sounds awesome! I love the smaller serving sizes!

8. Sophia @ Raven Waves January 31, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

I love how green your smoothie is!! It’s so bright! Chobani and Fage are definitely my faves!

9. J.Lynn February 1, 2011 at 11:15 am #

MMM, I love spicy sweet potato fries! Or any sweet potato fry, especially with some honey :)