Today was a typical Monday. It was super busy, but that was okay since it makes the day go by so quickly!
We decided to skip the workout this morning since we went the last three days and were feeling lazy, but plan to be back into the gym first thing tomorrow morning. We have three more workouts to fit in before Saturday, which shouldn’t be a problem.
Eats of the day:
- Breakfast- Ezekiel English Muffin (I tried this for the first time and thought they would be dense and dry, but I was actually surprised at how light and airy it was. I will for sure be buying more in the future), Egg, Cheese and Ham Sandwich, Banana & Iced Coffee
- AM Snack- Kashi Trail Mix Granola Bar
- Lunch- Bean, Cheese and Rice Burrito with Added Chicken Breast and a Sprinkle of Cheese
- PM Snack- Strawberry Chobani
- Dinner- Lemon Water and Baked Spaghetti
My plate, I went back for small seconds as well! It was sooooo good!
Easy Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1/2 Box of your Favorite Whole Wheat Pasta or about 4-6 servings
- 1 Jar Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper (You could probably use two)
- 2 Cups Diced Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese (mozzarella would taste great as well, but we didn’t have any on hand)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Minced/Chopped Garlic
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta until done. In a lightly oiled sauté pan, add in the onion and green bell peppers. Once they start to soften, add the diced chicken, garlic and the jar of tomato sauce. Mix together and continue to cook on low heat until the mixture is completely warmed. Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain. Add the drained pasta to the tomato sauce mixture and stir together. In a 9×13 Pyrex baking dish, add the pasta and tomato sauce mixture. Sprinkle with the pepper jack cheese and top with the parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*You can change up this recipe in numerous ways. You could swap out the chicken for ground beef, shrimp or spicy sausage. You can add other vegetables such as mushrooms or shredded carrots. You can add more garlic or less garlic depending on your taste buds. And finally you can change up the cheese and use whatever your like. Most importantly, you can adapt this recipe to use up ingredients you have on hand in your kitchen!
I don’t know what it was, but both my husband and I agreed that this tasted so much better than plain old spaghetti. We are convinced that the secret is baking it so all the flavors can combine even more than they usually do!
On more picture to entice you to make this recipe!
Well, that’s it for now. I’m going to have a relaxing rest of the night with the pup, Keith and The Bachelorette!
Question: What is your all time favorite pasta? Do you make pasta at home? If so, what is your favorite dish to cook?