This is my last week in first trimester and I must say it is a little bittersweet. It is exciting because I will be moving on the second trimester but also a little sad because all of a sudden my slow moving pregnancy is already a third of the way over. Where does time fly by when your thinking each day seemed like a week. I just can’t believe I’ll be moving out of first trimester and this is my last first trimester post! It is a good thing!
How Big is Baby?
A peach! I love peaches! : )
According to thebump.com:
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords… savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby’s tummy. (Much more convenient.)
According to babycenter.com:
Fingerprints have formed on your baby’s tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you’re having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.
How I’m Feeling Physically
I am feeling so much more like my old self this week. I feel amazing! Well, despite the random tiredness that seems to take over my body! : )
I got in five workouts this week, the most I’ve done since probably around 5 weeks of pregnancy. I am finally getting to the point where working out isn’t making my body extremely tired the rest of the day. For the past few weeks, any day I worked out, I would be completely exhausted and ready for bed by noon. Yes, as in 12pm.
I’m still having a heaviness to my stomach on and off. It’s usually when I take a seat to sit down, I can feel something foreign in my stomach that isn’t usually there (baby! <3). It is very weird, but I love it because I know the baby is there!
How I’m Feeling Emotionally
I just keep getting super excited. Like I mentioned above, I am in shock my pregnancy is a third of the way over. I remember when I was having really bad MS, I thought I would never see the light at the end of the tunnel and here I am now, barely remembering how sick I was for that month and a half! Time has been going by so fast and I can’t wait to meet Baby Conrad already!!!
I’ve also started getting hit by the nesting bug. I have a list of everything I want to do to our home before Baby C arrives. I think I’m going to start getting things done this next weekend. I figure if I do one household task a week, I’ll be in great shape long before the baby gets here!
- Sleep: I’m still sleeping 8 hours a night and sleep 9 if I can get to bed early enough.
- Naps: I’m still napping as much as possible, but I’m not falling asleep as fast as I used to. I now lay and read a little or watch a little TV. Sometimes I fall asleep and the naps last a couple hours and sometimes just laying down and relaxing is enough to recharge my juices!
- Foods I’m Craving: I’m still on a fruit kick. I’ve also been craving salmon. Yum! On a positive note, I can eat green salads again! Yay! I’ve been lacking in my leafy greens and I feel so much better knowing that the baby is now getting some! : )
- Foods I can’t Stand: Not many anymore. I planned a meal of fish tacos, but that didn’t seem appetizing at all. So maybe just fish tacos at this point?
- What I’m Most Excited For: I think I mentioned last week, the gender scan, but besides that, I can’t wait to hear Baby C’s heartbeat again in two weeks! I treasure that little sound! I’m also starting to get really excited to feel the baby move. I’m pretty sure I felt the baby move once back when I was in my 10th week. It lasted about 5 seconds and I’ve never felt it again. I’m really looking forward to feeling the baby and comparing!