Labor Day Recap and Weekly Workouts

6 Sep

Good morning!!!  I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend!  I always feel like falls begins the day after Labor Day!  So Happy Fall to all of you!!!  : )

Weekly Workout Recap

Tuesday August 30- Cardio

• Time: 46:29 minutes
  • Calories:  383   35% fat
  • Max Heart Rate:  178bpm  93% max
  • Average Heart Rate:  155bpm  81% max

Wednesday August 31- Cardio

• Time:  46:14 minutes
  • Calories:  368   45% fat
  • Max Heart Rate:  179bpm  93% max
  • Average Heart Rate:  151bpm  79% max

Thursday September 1- 10 Minutes of Cardio and 30+ Minutes of Prenatal Yoga

Friday September 2-  Strength (core, back, pecs, legs) + 10 minutes treadmill in PM

• Time:  43:12 minutes
  • Calories:  266   50% fat
  • Max Heart Rate:  199bpm 104% max  <—this is obvi not right
  • Average Heart Rate:  131bpm  68%  max

Saturday September 3-  Cardio

• Time:  52:22 minutes
  • Calories:  413  40% fat
  • Max Heart Rate:  178bpm  93% max
  • Average Heart Rate:  150bpm  78% max

Sunday September 4- Strength (triceps, biceps and shoulders) at home.  I didn’t wear my heart rate monitor but spent about 45 minutes working out at home and then stretching.

I didn’t get in as much prenatal yoga as I wanted to, but plan to get more in this week.  My goal is to get in three sessions after work this week!  I can do it!!!

Labor Day weekend came and went fast.  We didn’t do anything super exciting or out of the ordinary, but it was still really fun.  I got a lot done around the house and that feels amazing.  I finished cleaning out the soon-to-be baby’s room and the only thing we need to do is bring the pull-out couch and book case into the newly cleaned out and organized exercise room.  We debated where we should put the couch- in our room, the guest room, leave in in the baby’s room? but finally settled on the exercise room.  This way if we have two visitors at once, both have a place to stay!  Plus, realistically we don’t use the exercise room all that often maybe twice a week and it has plenty of room for some added furniture!  It took me most of Saturday afternoon to work on those two rooms and lug of heavy rubber maids to the garage.  Once it cools off, I can’t wait to get my hands on the garage and rearrange all the stuff that has accumulated in there.  It’s hard to believe two people really have so much stuff!

Along with nesting, I did watch two movies-  Source Code and The Town.  Both were good.  I liked Source Code the best out of them.

Labor Day itself was spent working out, checking in on the three gyms, grocery shopping, putting out more fall decorations napping (I had a dull headache all day that I was trying to get rid off) and was super tired, and cooking up a Labor Day meal.

Here are a few of the eats from the weekend:

• Friday Dinner-  Grass Feb Local Beef Burgers and Alexia Onion Rings

SAM_5856 SAM_5854

• Sunday Early Dinner-  Homemade Spaghetti
  • Monday Dinner-  Ribs, Red Potato Salad and Corn on the Cob

• Saturday-Monday- Fresh Cut Cantaloupe and Pineapple  <—So Amazing!!!

One of many many bowl consumed over the weekend!  This is my new go to snack!

This morning we planned out gym rest day so we could head to Starbucks to get Pumpkin Spice Lattes!!!  Here is what I ordered-

Decaf, Skim, No Whip Cream, 2 Pumps instead of 4 Pumps Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte

That is a mouthful!  Keith got the same thing except with 1/2 caf!  They were delicious and I can’t wait to get another one maybe next week.  They are treats in my book so I can only have them every so often.  Oh to make the day even better, the forecast is predicting a high of only 81!  This is amazing since it has been 97 it seems since May!  I love fall!

Well, I think that is it from my end!  I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!!!

Questions:

• What was your favorite part of Labor Day Weekend? End of Summer!
  • What is your favorite coffee shop treat? Pumpkin Spice Latte!
  • What is your favorite season?  I love fall!

About these ads

17 Responses to “Labor Day Recap and Weekly Workouts”

1. Shanna, like Banana September 6, 2011 at 7:37 am #

I’m with you girl, I love Fall!

And that’s exactly how I order my vanilla lattes! Too funny.

2. Jess September 6, 2011 at 9:22 am #

I liked Source Code, too. A bit weird, but good.

3. sweetlyvegan September 6, 2011 at 10:14 am #

Sounds like you had a perfect holiday weekend! I love both of those movies! The Town is my fave… Ben Affleck looks pretty sexy in it! ha :) and both of your weekend meals look delicious!
    I’m super excited for fall and all that it entails as well ~ the cooler temperatures, big colorful leaves covering the ground, and especially pumpkin! Its nice that we both live in the south so fall and winter aren’t arctic-like cold, and full of snow, salt, and brown slush like minnie! The first snowfall is the best.. after Christmas I’m glad to peace out!
    I am definitely going to try ordering my Pumpkin Latte like yours. The only change I would make would be subbing soy for the skim. hopefully someday they will start carrying almond milk!!! u gotta try it, its wonderful :)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 6, 2011 at 10:34 am #

I love almond milk! We drink so much of it every week. That is the only type of milk I will buy for our home. I should try the soy next time I get a latte! I didn’t even think of that this morning and try to avoid cow’s milk as often as I can. We are both lucky to be out of MN for their awful winters, but I never feel like it is Christmas in AZ when there is no snow on the ground!

4. kbwood September 6, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

oh YUMM that reminds me- ive got to go get a pumpkin spice late ASAP! so excited they are back in season!!

5. Erica September 6, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

Yayy for getting the baby room ready and double yay for pumpkin spice! Two pumps is the way to go

6. Sweet and Savvy September 6, 2011 at 2:10 pm #

I loved Source Code! It was definitley a good movie. That fruit bowl looks absolutley delicious. I love pineapple and cataloupe so much!

My favorite coffee shop treat is anything Mocha.. yum!

7. allieksmith September 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

I love that you are nesting :) that is so cute!! Happy Fall and YAY for Pumpkin Spice Lattes!!!

8. Maren September 6, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

I’ve been counting down the days to pumpkin spice latte season. I’m planning on one tomorrow for sure!

9. Jenny September 7, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

What a great workout! I need to get myself some corn on the cob asap