Week 17 Pregnancy Update- Onion

7 Sep

Week 17 came and went fast.  Very fast.  No major new developments this week as far as I’ve experienced.  I hope each week is as easy as this week was!

How Big is Baby?

According to thebump.com:  Baby’s skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

And, according to babycenter.com

Your baby’s skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she’s around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically this week I have been feeling good, just a little bit tired here and there.  I actually had to leave work one day because I literally couldn’t keep my eyes open. I ended up taking a 3 hour nap and went to bed early that night and slept a full 8 hours.  I was extremely exhausted on that day for some reason.  I haven’t had any major headaches since my migraine and am so happy.  I have had a couple dull headaches but nothing that I couldn’t handle.  I have noticed my stomach growing and growing.  You still wouldn’t guess I’m pregnant if you looked at me, I just look like I’m getting a little chubby (so not fun, especially when your a trainer).  I have been keeping active and getting into the gym for my five workouts a week.  My gym workouts have made me feel less like a pregnant girl and more like my old self which I love!  : )  One thing I have been a little concerned about this week is not feeling the baby.  I thought I began to feel him/her at around 15/16 weeks, but now I’m not so sure I was actually feeling the baby at all.  I was feeling a pulling/fluttering sensation and since it has stopped I’m thinking maybe it was my uterus expanding?  I have no clue…I’m just excited to see the baby on the ultrasound to put my nerves to rest.  We did hear the heartbeat a few days back so I know the baby is doing fine, but I just want to start feeling it!

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

I have been SO excited because this upcoming week is when we find out the baby’s gender!  I feel like I’ve been waiting for this day to come for years now!  Its amazing how long 4-5 months can feel when you just need to know if the little bean inside you is a boy or a girl!  Like I’ve mentioned before we really don’t care what the gender is.  I would love to have a girl and a boy someday so whatever we get is going to be just perfect!  I’m so type A and a huge planner so once I find out the baby’s gender I can start getting the nursery put together and start getting all the supplies we’ll need to be good parents.  I’m so not the type of person who could wait until week 30 to start decorating and putting the baby’s room together.  Plus with the holidays coming (always a super busy and fun time) the last thing I want to be doing is shopping for strollers, bibs and bottles when I could be watching Home Alone on the couch!  : )

Odd Ramblings

• Weight Gain:  5lbs
  • Cravings:  Fruit-  melons and pineapple, anything light and refreshing
  • Things I Still Can’t Stand:  White Fish
  • What I’m Most Excited For:  Gender Scan in 4 Days!!!  Let the shopping begin!  : )

Week 17 Baby Bump Picture

This is the only picture that turned out!  I’ll post more in next weeks post!

About these ads

12 Responses to “Week 17 Pregnancy Update- Onion”

1. allieksmith September 7, 2011 at 8:09 am #

I am soo excited for you to find out the baby’s gender!! Also glad you have been doing good w/ head aches :D

2. Shanna, like Banana September 7, 2011 at 8:12 am #

Yipppeee! Love these posts.

Don’t worry about not feeling the baby move. I had the same experience..felt him at 14 weeks, then nothing for about 2 weeks, then he really came into full force around 19 weeks, then quiet again around week 22, and now at 24+ weeks, he’s goin’ crazy in there!

Also, to extend your clothes, get a couple Bella Bands..they are awesome! I’m still wearing them so I can wear my work clothes.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

I’m glad you love them, I always think people don’t really like the pregnancy posts but I want to have them all for when the baby is here and I can reread them all! I’m feeling better about not really feeling the baby that much. I’m such a worry wort already about the little bean!

3. Dawn September 7, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

Its so exciting and the time will fly by. Love the baby bump picture.

4. Heather September 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

You should buy one of those “sweating for two” t-shirts so you will feel a little less self conscious aboufetter awkward in between stage. I highly doubt you look “chubby” though, your bump is tiny still!! That made me laugh! Glad headaches are gone! http://fortwofitness.com/category_2/Running-For-Two.htm

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 7, 2011 at 3:43 pm #

Those shirts are super cute! I think I might have to order one! I’ve seen them in magazines but have never gone to the website before! Thanks for posting!

5. Shayla @ The Good Life September 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm #

I second the “Sweating For Two” tops, I’m definitely investing in some of those when it’s my turn :)

So exciting you get to know the baby’s gender soon! Can’t wait to hear all about it! :)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 10, 2011 at 6:45 am #

They are such cute tops! I wish they weren’t as pricey as they are though! I’m going to have to decide between a long sleeve one or a tank!

6. Laury @thefitnessdish September 8, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

I’m so excited for you can’t wait to find out!!!!!