Happy evening to you all!
Wow, I can’t believe it’s already 7:30pm! Where did this day go? I’m so happy it was busy and flew by! Only 43 1/2 hours until my ultrasound appointment (fingers crossed)!!! : )
The glass is now half full!
Here are my Eats from the Day:
- Breakfast (post workout)- Egg, Ham and Cheese Sandwich on a Bagel Thin, I also munched on a little fruit while drinking a cup of decaf coffee
- AM Snack- 2 Small Apples and Almonds + Kashi Bar
- Lunch- Protein Shake mixed with Water
- PM Snack- Greek yogurt (2:15pm) + 1/2 English Muffin with 1tsp PB and 1tsp Raspberry Jam (4:15pm- I was craving a PB&J and picked this up at the store, it was delicious!)
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles with Herb Pasta Sauce and Shrimp <— YUM! This was so light and tasty! I will definitely be making this again and soon! We were going to make a salad to go with it, but didn’t, so it will be on tomorrow’s night menu. I’m longing for veg!
*I also had a few Halloween Mallow Pumpkins during the day as well.*
Wow, looking back at everything I just typed, I feel like I ate a lot today. That’s a long list of food! Thankfully I love to eat so all is good!
Workout of the Day:
This morning was a cardio day. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and was happy it was over. TMI Alert- When you are pregnant you have to pee every 5 minutes. Literally, I’m not joking. I’ve notice that when I do cardio, I have the constant feeling like I need to go, even when I know I don’t because I just went. The baby pushing on my bladder is a weird thing to get used to. I was only 5 minutes into my treadmill workout when I had to go. So annoying. I just ignored the feeling and lasted the whole 45 minutes. I hate stopping a cardio workout and then starting it again so I’m glad I just ignored the baby pressure and kept pushing through! Sorry if that was TMI, but if any of you ever decide to get pregnant, you might as well know what’s coming with the territory! Back to the workouts, I did a combination of walking (4.0-4.4 on 0% or 1% grade), incline walking (4.0-4.4 on a 12% grade) and running (6.0 on 0% grade) for the 45 minutes. For every new song that came on my iPod, I switched up what I was doing.
As far as my yoga practice went today, it was non-existent. After a really long day, I just didn’t have it in me to do it tonight. That means, I have 5 days left to get in 3 sessions. No problemo!
Now onto Fun Tidbits:
- I took Quincy to the vet today and got horrible looks from strangers. He was SO hyper active I could hardly handle him. By the end of his visit my right arm and back muscles were shaking from holding him back from other people and animals. At one point a woman exclaimed “I don’t want to walk my dog by that dog (Quincy), he is going to jump on my dog,” no joke, she said this as the nurse was trying to escort her and her golden lab to the back rooms passed us. I did get one sympathy look. I think I would have gotten more if they all knew I was almost 20 weeks pregnant, instead they all looked at my like I was a bad puppy parent!
- Speaking of Quincy, over the weekend her had his first encounter with a tarantula. He met one on a walk. He tried to eat it but luckily was unsuccessful!
This pic isn’t the one we saw, but is one we saw on our driveway. They looked about the same!
- Speaking of being outside, while at the park early Saturday morning we rescued a collard lizard. Keith was brave enough to hold it. I was too chicken!
It was a baby!
- What is one random tidbit you have to share?