Today I had to take Quincy to doggie daycare. While I was getting everything ready at home before I took him, I felt like he was so old and I was sending him off to his first day of kindergarten. There were many forms to fill out, checklists to go over and ultimately it was time for him to head out. My little boy is all grown up!
He was all ready to get going…
Quincy was actually going to doggie daycare to get a behavioral analysis to see if the kennel would accept watching him while we are out of town. I was really nervous because he can be a handful and a little too loving and playful.
Luckily work went by quickly and before I knew it, it was time to pick up my first baby from doggie daycare (they wanted him for half a day, about 4-5 hours). When I walked in, one of the ladies working at the front desk handed another lady Quincy’s file. OMGosh, he had a file? I was a little nervous waiting to hear his results and anxious to see him. They lady started reading and didn’t say anything…finally, she said Quincy got a good report. Here is what the report said:
- Quincy was very happy and loving towards people
- He had a little separation anxiety
- He was drooly
- He was shy and timid towards the other dogs (what?)
- He mostly stayed to himself observing the other dogs (are you still talking about Mr… I love every dog that I meet?)
According to them, most of his behaviors were typical and they said after a few days he should have no problem fitting right in. I’ve never kenneled an animal before so I am really nervous. We decided on this place because the dogs are basically out running around playing from 6:30am until sunset. Quincy needs the exercise and apparently the socialization.
Please don’t bring me back there…(sorry for the fuzzy pic)
Any who, that was the big news of my day…
Now onto Eats:
- Breakfast- Egg, Ham and Cheese English Muffin Sandwich and Pumpkin Spice Latte
- AM Snack- 2 Small Apples and a couple Almonds
- Lunch- Fage Yogurt and a protein shake mixed with water
- PM Snack- 1/2 English Muffin with PB&J
- Dinner- Spicy Pasta with Chicken Sausage and a Salad
My plate…I’m stuffed!
Workout of the Day
Since Keith and I decided Starbucks was more important than our workout, I had to sneak in my strength workout while I was at work. I did 35 minutes of strength lifting my back, chest, core and I did just light legs since I forgot my running shoes and had to workout in flip flops.
In addition, after work I did 10 minutes on the elliptical along with a 30 minute yoga DVD and meditation. I’m feeling good and plan on doing cardio first thing in the morning. Its my goal not to skip anymore workouts in favor of Starbucks during the work week.
I’m excited for the season finale of Big Brother but not excited that it doesn’t start until 8:30 and ends at 10pm. I need my sleep and am usually sleeping by 9:30! It might be a late night in the Conrad house! <— I probably wont be able to sleep anyways since we find out the gender tomorrow! Yay!!!!!!
I hope you all sleep well and dream good!
- Have you ever had to board your pet?
- Do you miss your pets like crazy when you are away?
- Are you a Big Brother Fan? If so, who do you want to win?