Weekend and Workout Recaps

19 Sep

This weekend seemed to go by quickly although the majority of it was spent at home.

Friday night, we made baked mozzarella sticks (Alexis Brand) for movie night.  We had a really late lunch so we weren’t hungry for a full meal.  We rented Life As We Know It and went to bed fairly early.  I was exhausted.

Note:  this is an old pic.  Not what we had on Friday, but close enough!SAM_5729

Saturday we were up bright and early and crammed so much into the day.  I think we started out workout around 5:45am in the gym, on a Saturday!  This never happens.  After our workout, we took the dog to the park and then started cleaning, laundry and errands for the remained of the day.  By the time I stepped into the shower, it was already 4:30pm!  The rest of the evening was spent relaxing.  I had developed a pretty good headache during the day so I was mostly lounging on the couch icing my head while Keith was watching college football.  Dinner was grass fed beef burgers on whole grain buns with loads of vegetables.  They turned out amazing.

Note:  this is an old burger pic not what we had on Saturday

Sunday was a mostly relaxing day.  I finished up a few loads of laundry I didn’t get to on Saturday, ran morning errands and I even took a hour nap.  I still had my headache from Saturday and knew it was stemming from being overly tired. It was actually a really long day.  We watched out Vikings lose in the morning and after that, I was sick of football.  I did start packing for an upcoming trip and turned depressed when I realized I have seriously like two things to pack.  Nothing fits anymore!  Bummer.  At least looking on the bright side I’ll have an extra light suitcase and room to buy a few maternity items while we are away!

Workouts from last week I’ll admit were so-so.  I don’t have any excuse why I only got four in and not five except for being lazy and tired.  I did get one yoga workout in, not three.  I noticed while I was doing yoga, my left back hip is severely messed up.  After the video where you stretch your glute muscles, I wasn’t even able to stand, walk or turn over on my mat.  It was pretty bad for a few days and I’m a little hesitant to do anything that might re-aggravate it.  I need to get to the bottom of it ASAP!

It is this pose, bound angle, that sets off my left hip.  It feels so good stretching it out but immediately when I try to come out of this simple position I’m in a lot of pain.  Any ideas what to do?

On the agenda for today is work, possibly working out, grocery store for some veg and trying to pack a little more.  We leave on Wednesday for Minnesota and I’m already having a hard time thinking about leaving Quincy.  I know he will be in good hands, but I’m going to miss that little bugger so badly!

Please don’t leave me Mom!

I’m hoping to have one of these the next few nights to help desalt from the weekend:

That’s it for me!  See you all later today!

xo, Kjirsten

Questions:

• What was the highlight of your weekend?
  • Do you ever take naps over the weekend, are you a nap person?
  • What was the best thing you ate over the weekend?
  • What are you most looking forward to this week?

About these ads

15 Responses to “Weekend and Workout Recaps”

1. Shayla @ The Good Life September 19, 2011 at 6:57 am #

The best thing I ate over the weekend was fro-yo…pb and french vanilla flavors with endless candy toppings…amazing :)

And I am so not a nap person, I was actually just talking about this with Shanna. I’m horrible at it and I end up feeling more groggy and less refreshed afterwards!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 19, 2011 at 10:34 am #

I’m usually more groggy too, but sometimes I just need to sleep, especially after busy and long days! Your fro-yo sounds delish!

2. Kerryne September 19, 2011 at 7:26 am #

The best thing I ate over the weekend… sigh… probably chicken. That is about all I get to eat right now, lol! I am totally a nap person but only during prep. I can’t seem to stay away around 2 if I sit still so I have to keep on going or I crash! Otherwise I don’t really love naps, I wake up more tired than I was before!

I mostly am looking forward to saturday night… the comp will be over and I will be eating something yummy ;)

3. Shanna, like Banana September 19, 2011 at 7:46 am #

How are you getting out of the pose? In my prenatal yoga class, they say you should go to all fours and then sort of roll up with your legs rather wide apart. Hope that helps!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 19, 2011 at 10:33 am #

I try to get out of it like the prenatal DVD shows, but it is too painful, and it only starts hurting once I’m out of it, not while I’m doing it!

4. Heather September 19, 2011 at 9:33 am #

I’ve read that when you’re pregnant you can easily overstretch because your ligaments become more pliable, so maybe you overstretched? That looks like a pretty intense pose on the hips! Best part of my weekend was getting my butt kicked by a trainer! Best thing I ate was mint ch chip yogurt!! ;)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 19, 2011 at 10:32 am #

I don’t know what I’ve done to it, its been hurting a little for months now but just recently it has been really bad. How was your training session? Did you just love it?

• Heather September 20, 2011 at 7:21 am #

Ugh, I’m sorry it’s so bad :( training was awesome! I’m site in places I didn’t known could be! It was my 2nd time meeting with him and we did TRX and kettlebells!! I love those!! If you have any exercises, maybe you can include them in a post sometime??!

5. Shannon September 19, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

Im always so busy during the week so I never find time to take a nap even though I’d love to! But on the weekend I have more time and usually take a short nap :)
    I’m looking forward to maybe getting a dog this week! :D

6. Erica September 19, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

Don’t be sad about your clothes not fitting! You’re just at that point! The little lady needs more room ;). Sounds like a productive weekend! They always go by way too fast

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 20, 2011 at 6:18 am #

She does need more room and a lot of it! They really do, I wish every weekend was at least a three day weekend! :)

7. marissa September 19, 2011 at 8:03 pm #

ah, things will fit after that baby is here! Hang in there and embrace it!

all the salads you post look SO yummy :)

seems like I always had random ligament/muscle pains throughout my body, during both pregnancies. Strange but if I rested that area for a few days, I was fine. I remember one time I had such a bad pain, I was about 7mo. pregnant and jogging, had to stop and have a co-worker come and pick me up…that’s how bad it was :( Hope things get better for ya!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 20, 2011 at 6:19 am #

Your comment made me feel better about my back hip pain! I’ll just blame it on being pregnant and not worry about it too much!