Yesterday, Monday, was actually a really great day considering it was a Monday. I woke up and it was a rest day so I had an ultra leisurely morning. I drank decaf coffee with added pumpkin spice creamer (such a nice morning treat) while checking and responding to emails, had a great breakfast and got some laundry done all before work. Work went fast (wahoo) and I had to run to the grocery store after work to pick up some vegetables so we could make salad for dinner. After work, I lounged on the couch and watched Tia and Tamera before Keith got home from work. I will admit I contemplated doing my prenatal yoga, but just wasn’t feeling it. At the beginning of my pregnancy I was doing yoga a lot, but for some reason the past month I have been totally slacking. I really need to get back on the routine of doing it 3-4 days a week after work.
Eats from yesterday were as follows:
- Breakfast- 1/2 grapefruit, bagel thin egg sandwich with cheese and cooked uncured natural ham
- AM Snack- organic apple and raw almonds
- Lunch- bagel thin sandwich with chicken breast, shredded cheddar cheese and mustard
- PM Snack- 1/2 English muffin with peanut butter and jelly and a can of Zevia ginger ale (can you tell my body was craving carbs yesterday?)
- Dinner- flank steak salad with romaine, red onion, shredded cheddar cheese, green bell pepper, tomato, cucumber and ranch dressing mixed with herb balsamic dressing and water (I don’t like thick salad dressings).
- Dessert- small ramekin of cookies and cream ice cream (say what?)
Yesterday’s Outfit of the Day
Bump from all angles!
- Purple and Grey Top- Pea and a Pod (Macy’s) <—Like my favorite maternity shirt ever! It’s so comfy and makes my bump look really cute, I also have it in gray and white!
- Flared Jeans- Indigo Blue (Macy’s) <—Super comfy and reasonably priced.
This morning, we were up first thing and at the gym. I had 45 minutes of cardio to do and it was probably the workout I had to push through the most since I became pregnant. While walking on the treadmill I had an uncomfortable pain in the lower stomach and the arc trainer didn’t help it either. I had read in my baby books about Braxton Hicks starting around week 23 as your body prepares itself for pregnancy. I knew I wasn’t having them, but the thought of pushing myself while these types of things can be happening wasn’t going to happen. I like to play it safe! Now that I’m over half way through pregnancy I’m taking it a lot more easy and really listening to my body. Hopefully, the baby was just in an awkward position and that is what was causing the pain. I ended up doing 25 minutes on the treadmill (walking and incline walking) and 20 minutes on the arc trainer to finish up the workout. I think my running days are behind me unless I get something to hold my stomach in nice and tight. My last attempt at running was on Saturday and it was just uncomfortable. I can’t stand my bump moving as I run and also my heart rate sky rockets when I attempt to run which is no bueno.
Lets get to the:
Workout of the Week: Back Workout
Today, we are going to focus on the back muscles! A strong and healthy back will keep you from back pain and also help maintain that perfect posture you should all have from sitting up straight!
Do this workout at least once a week to maintain a sleek looking back. I’ll admit I used to hate lifting my back, but now, it is my favorite muscle group to strength train. It makes me feel strong and I love the look of my toned back!
If you want to build strength, do 6-10 reps of each exercise, if you want to tone, do 10-15 reps of each exercise.
*Remember to consult with your doctor before starting any new exercise programs or trying any new exercises*
Back Workout- Do three to five sets of each exercise before moving on –or- do one set of each exercise without stopping and repeat three to five times.
- Straight Bar Pull Down on Cables <—Maybe my all time fav exercise!
- Cable Row or One Arm Row (pick one)
- Bench Back Extensions
- Lat Pull Down
- Assisted Pull Up
That’s it! Do these exercises to maintain a great looking back! If preggos can find motivation and energy to workout, you can too!
Enjoy this make up free, just rolled out of bed and heading to the gym pic. Another wont be posted for a long long time…
Lastly on the agenda for this post is an amazing chicken appetizer I made over the weekend for Football Sunday. We didn’t plan out what we wanted to snack on during the Vikings game and by the second quarter, we were both pretty hungry. I had all the fixings for this appetizer on hand, so I whipped up a plate of them and we ate them as our game time appetizers and lunch. We didn’t have anything else with them and Keith and I couldn’t finish the platter the recipe made. It was a great high protein snack after our big Sunday morning workout! We love this recipe and love how simple it comes together. We will for sure be making these again soon and they will be making an appearance again for the holidays!
Serves 4-8 depending on what else is served with it.
- 1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (I used two breasts)
- 1 package bacon, cut into thirds (we had 8 slices of uncured natural bacon that I cut into 24 small pieces)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2tbsp chili powder
- *24 toothpicks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken into one inch pieces. Wrap a slice of bacon around the chicken and secure them together with the toothpicks and set them on a pre-greased broiler pan. In a mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge each bacon wrapped chicken appetizer through the mixture and make sure each piece is evenly coated. Place them back on the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the chicken is cooked. Serve and enjoy!
*Other variations, you can add spices to the chicken before wrapping them in bacon. You could add a slice of apple to the top of each piece. Swap out bacon for turkey bacon. I personally like these a little more sweet and tend to use more brown sugar and less chili powder. I didn’t flip them half way, but I suggest doing it to make sure the bacon cooks evenly on both sides.*
- What is/are your favorite Sunday Football recipes/appetizer to make?
- What is your go to appetizer for entertaining?
- What is the best fall treat you’ve had this year?
- Do you dress cute and wear make up to the gym? Clearly I don’t!
*Please feel free to share links! I’m looking for some more yummy appetizer recipes!