Week 21 Pregnancy Update- Banana

5 Oct

How Big is Baby?

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they’ve already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch (thebump.com)

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she’s practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby’s eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you’re having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well (babycenter.com).

How I’m Feeling Physically?

Physically I’m feeling just about the same as week 20.  The only real differences I’ve experienced this past week have been lower back pain at night and while sleeping as well as I’ haven’t been getting good nights of sleep.  I think not sleeping well is partially due to the back pain and I just haven’t been able to get comfortable.  I’ve tried putting a pillow under my stomach and between my legs and that seems to help a little bit with the comfort factor.  I also think I’m paranoid to sleep on my back and lately every time I wake up, I’m on my back.  Other than those little things, I’ve been feeling like my regular self.  My energy is good and I’ve been getting to the gym 4-5 days a week.  This week I’ve had to fight a cold but it hasn’t been that bad and hasn’t seemed to be too bothersome.

How I’m Feeling Emotionally?

I know I say this each week, but I keep getting more and more excited to meet our baby daughter!  She, Cameryn, is starting to feel real.  I think it is finally hitting me that I’m pregnant and is really starting to set in.  I.  Love.  It.  I am a little overwhelmed with all the stuff I need to know once she is here like how to change a diaper and I’m getting super excited to start learning and reading all about baby’s first year!

Odd Ramblings

• Things to Remember from this Week:  We announced the baby’s name, we bought out first baby gear and created a registry
  • Weight Gained so Far:  9-10lbs
  • Cravings:  Sugar
  • What I’m Most Excited For:  Ordering her nursery furniture and reading some baby books

Week 21 Baby Bump Belly Photos

Week 4 for comparison

SAM_5367 SAM_6062

SAM_6007 SAM_6021

About these ads

9 Responses to “Week 21 Pregnancy Update- Banana”

1. Shanna, like Banana October 5, 2011 at 8:34 am #

I always end up on my back too! I don’t know why since I was never a big back sleeper, but for some reason that’s become my comfy position.

Can’t wait to see all the baby clothes for Miss Cameryn!

2. Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength October 5, 2011 at 8:40 am #

You look adorable! :)

3. Shayla @ The Good Life October 5, 2011 at 10:31 am #

Awww the “How I’m Feeling Emotionally” paragraph warmed my heart, everything you said is so amazing and exciting! :)

And you look so great, loving that baby bump! And I love that Cinzano picture in the background, we have a smaller one of that in our house too, love it!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 5, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

:) I’m def. getting more sentimental as my pregnancy continues week by week. Its weird because when I was first pregnant and my stomach would be growling b\c of hunger, I would think about what I wanted to eat and now I think about what would be best for both the baby and I. She is def. apart of me now! I’m loving pregnancy at this stage and get sad thinking about when she will no longer be snug in my belly. Although I am excited at the same time to have her in my arms, there is just something about having her with me at all times that I just love!

4. lisahealthydiaries October 6, 2011 at 6:09 am #

I know I’m going to have a huge problem sleeping when I’m pregnant. I can only fall asleep when I lay on my stomach… Maybe I should start sleeping on my side now… lol

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 6, 2011 at 6:31 am #

haha, its never too early to start! :) I used to only sleep on my left side, but once I got pregnant my body only wants to sleep on my back!

5. Sarah October 25, 2011 at 4:40 pm #

You are adorable Budgie ;)