Weekend and Workout Recap- Broken Camera & Vikings Victory!

10 Oct

This past weekend proved to be busy busy busy!

Friday, we meet up with some friends for happy hour at the Firehouse Kitchen after we took the dog on a long walk (the weather was beautiful).  We were waiting for our friends to show up but time kept passing by.  We called and texted and still didn’t hear anything, which is very unusual for this punctual couple.  After 30 minutes, we started to think something really horrible happened and I started to get a little nervous.  But, the next thing we knew, they came walking in.  Our friend Adam had texted Keith they would be late and didn’t hear his phone ring in his pocket when we tried calling.  He also got our simple “Adam?” text but thought we were responding to his text Keith never got.  I think it’s time he has his phone looked at!  Anyways, I ordered the calamari tacos and they were just as fabulous as they always are!

Friday Night Outfit (this pic makes me look so short!  I swear it’s just the gigantic front door!)

SAM_6143 SAM_6144

Saturday, we were up bright and early.  We cleaned one of our gyms, worked out at another, stopped to clean and meet someone at the third before heading to the grocery store to stock up on some snack for Football Sunday in our house.

Right when we got home, we took the dog for a long walk and also went to Best Buy since our point and shoot camera broke.  Geek Squad said it will take a month to get another one to us (we had a 2 year warranty).  I’m really hoping it doesn’t take that long since in the next month, we have Keith’s big 30th birthday, Halloween and Quincy’s 1st birthday.  It is our only camera and I hate using my camera phone, it’s just not the same.  While we were there I also checked out a Cannon Rebel (lower end version) and asked lots of questions.  I’m hoping to get a nice camera before the baby’s born since I know we will be taking lots and lots of pictures!

We spent the rest of the night relaxing and grilling out burgers.  Yum!  :)

I had popcorn as a snack on Saturday for the first time in ages, I am now addicted and can’t wait to snack on more again soon!  We bought an organic butter flavor, it had less chemicals than the other stuff which makes me a happy camper!

2011-10-08_14.16.01

Saturday Outfit of the Day- I was hoping my skinny jeans would be here by now, but they aren’t.  So, I paired black leggings with a navy poncho sweater (I’m not afraid of mixing black and navy).

The start of the camera phone pics!  Bare with me until we get another camera!

2011-10-08_12.38.09

This poncho is seriously SO cozy!  I’m in love with it!  I finished the outfit off by wearing gold bangles and caramel colored boots!  It was the perfect outfit for running errands in!

2011-10-08_12.37.15

Sunday, we got up bright and early again and went to the gym.  We were running late, so we had to race home and shower so we would be ready for the Vikings game!  Finally a V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!  Yay!!!!!  We made chicken wrapped bacon and cheese sticks as game day appetizers.  I also made some “baked” apples to go along with out chicken.  So good!

2011-10-09_11.50.39 2011-10-09_11.50.14

After the game, we decided to clean out the entire garage!  It took a little while, but not as long as we anticipated.  Our garage now looks so neat and organized!  It was one of my nesting projects that I’ve been wanting to tackle and it feels so good to cross this task off the list!  Now, onto the next…

Around 4pm, I was pretty hungry, so we decided to head up to Firehouse Kitchen again and grab more calamari tacos.  They seriously are so good, calamari, cheddar cheese, red and green cabbage, chopped tomatoes, diced onions and a tartar sauce.  There are probably a few other items I’m missing, but you get the gist!

I ordered it with pasta salad.  They are huge and filling and so amazing!  I maybe had a bite or two of the pasta salad.  The tacos are so filling!

2011-10-09_16.18.30

This past week, I was able to get in my five weekly workouts and 3 yoga sessions, finally!

Tuesday October 4th- Cardio

• Average Heart Rate:  131bpm  68% max

Friday October 7th- Cardio

• Time:  46:44 minutes
  • Calories:  429   35% fat
  • Max Heart Rate:  174bpm 91% max
  • Average Heart Rate:  160bpm  83% max

Saturday October 8th- Cardio- Whoops, I must have forgot to turn my watch off because it said my workout was 23 hours long!  I did 15 minutes on the treadmill, followed by 30 minutes of the arc trainer

Sunday October 9th- Weights

• Time:  1:00:53 minutes
  • Calories:  458   40% fat
  • Max Heart Rate:  174bpm 91% max
  • Average Heart Rate:  143bpm  74% max

I also got in yoga on Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Quincy watched me during yoga on Friday to make sure my poses were in correct form!

2011-10-07_14.41.09

*Just a FYI, my max heart rates only reflect my HR for a few seconds.  Once it gets to a certain number, I always back off what I’m doing and or stop completely until my heart rate has a chance to slow down*

That’s it from my end, see you guys later!

2011-10-09_10.32.42

Questions:

• What was your favorite part of your weekend?
  • What camera would you suggest we check out?
  • Do you use a Cannon Rebel, if so what is your opinion on it?
  • What did you do over the weekend to stay active?

About these ads

19 Responses to “Weekend and Workout Recap- Broken Camera & Vikings Victory!”

1. Shayla @ The Good Life October 10, 2011 at 7:05 am #

Love your outfits and that red purse! Looking great girl :)

I love staying active on the weekends with my Saturday morning spin class that’s taught by my fav instructor…and this past weekend was absolutely gorgeous so we did a lot of walking in San Francisco on the Embarcadero. And Fleet Week was going on so we got to see the Blue Angels while on the Hornblower Cruise ship which was so much fun :)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 10, 2011 at 7:39 am #

It sounds like you had such a fun weekend! It is always nice taking classes from instructors you love! I think it makes going to class extra special on those days!!!

2. Katie October 10, 2011 at 7:09 am #

Can you seriously look any more beautiful?!!!!

Love the outfits and your bump is adorable! You look great!

Glad your team won! Our steelers won too!

Happy Monday love!

3. pbbrittany October 10, 2011 at 8:06 am #

Your outfits are so cute! I’m loving your boots! I need to get me boots like that before winter comes.
    My favorite part of the weekend was enjoying this freak heat wave we’ve had! Hello 80 degree weather and shorts :D

Have a great day!

4. Heather October 10, 2011 at 8:26 am #

I love those sweaters!! Favorite part of my weekend was buying new shorts from LuLuLemon. I walked, ran, and worked out with my trainer this weekend! Glad you had a good weekend too!

5. Shanna, like Banana October 10, 2011 at 8:43 am #

I’m totally counting putting baby furniture together as being active. I must have walked up and down our stairs 35 times — my calves were burning!

Love both looks — super cute and perfect for Fall.

FYI, Old Navy maternity leggings are actually pretty good and they are super duper cheap!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 10, 2011 at 8:50 am #

I ordered a pair of them, but haven’t gotten them in the mail yet. I’m excited to try them out and see how they fit the stoamch!

I would totally count putting together baby furniture as being active! I’m jealous you have stairs in your house! I feel like none of the houses in AZ have stairs!!!

• Shanna, like Banana October 10, 2011 at 10:23 am #

And we have stairs just going up to our place so imagine that as a whole other set…phew!

6. Erica October 10, 2011 at 11:46 am #

You are so adorable! you have way better preggers clothes than I did ;). Hope you’re feeling well- you look fantastic! Glad you had a great weekend! Football foo is so much fun.

What was your favorite part of your weekend? hmmmmmmm Football Sunday :)
    What camera would you suggest we check out? I’m not the best on this one- I wnat a rebel!
    Do you use a Cannon Rebel, if so what is your opinion on it? See above ;)
    What did you do over the weekend to stay active? I taught Body Pump on Friday, Ran on Saturday and took Kaylin on multiple stroller rides

7. Maren October 10, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

I hope your camera troubles work out soon. When I didn’t have a camera I was going nuts! I love navy and black together and the camel boots really makes them rock! I hope you have a great week!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 10, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

Not having a camera is so annoying!!! I can’t stand it! I hoping to upgrade during the black Friday sales but that is SO far away!!!

8. Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 10, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

I can’t get over how unbelievably GREAT you look!!! you rock maternity style. I was always such a mess. LOL

Sounds like a really fun weekend. those calamari tacos look incredible!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 10, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

Thanks! I feel like a mess most of the time, like in my work clothes and workout clothes as well, since neither fit that great! :)

9. Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons October 10, 2011 at 7:28 pm #

Your yoga buddy is pretty darn cute =) hehe love it! and your outfits are so so so flipping awesome! Come dress me?

I’m with ya on curry being overpowering at times! I try to sneak a little in unconventional dishes (like a 1/4 tsp to a whole tsp) and it really jazzes stuff up! =) Though I get over flavors super easy and have to connnnstantly mix it up!

ok rambling! have a fab night girly!