Week 22 Pregnancy Update- Papaya

12 Oct

How Big is Baby?

Watch what you say — baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby’s starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn’t be hard to figure out when — just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop (thebump.com)

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he’s even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you’d be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he’ll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily (babycenter.com).

How I’m Feeling Physically

This week, I’ve felt great.  No headaches or anything major happening.  My small things from this week are that I’m still getting back pain late in the evening and when I sleep but I’m trying to figure out what I can do to avoid it coming on.  On the evenings I did yoga, my back didn’t hurt as bad so I think just stretching it out helps a lot.  Also, my left ball of my foot has been killing me to even walk.  I really need new shoes and I think pushing off buying a new pair was a mistake I’m now paying for.  I’ve started doing more elliptical (arc trainer) to heal my foot since even walking on it hurts.

In other news, I am finally feeling all the pregnancy weight.   In the gym this morning (23 weeks), I noticed for the first time a nice new layer of fat on my legs!  I was in total shock and couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  I’m just starting to feel thicker all over, not just in my stomach!  I think I’ll stay away from sugar as I had a lot of cookies last weekend and now really need to pay better attention to what I put into my body to feed the baby.  I’ll continue to eat a little bit more than usual, but just try and pick healthier options.  :)

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Emotionally, I am still in a great place!  I’m getting really antsy to get Baby C here, but at the same time I still feel like there is so much to do before she arrives!  I realized if Baby C is a week or two early and comes in January, Keith and I only have two full months left (November and December) as just he and I!  This thought got me excited at the reality of how soon Baby C is going to get here!  Don’t get me wrong, I love my little family just being Keith and I (and of course Quincy too), but we both are overly happy to be adding a baby to our family!

I started a new to do list before the baby arrives of everything I would like done (for example, test all the fire detectors in January and put in 2 carbon monoxide detectors as well).  This weekend we got a huge one crossed off our list to clean out the garage.  I planned out just a few to do each month until the baby gets here so we aren’t of overload trying to fix up the house.  Next up is changing out all the dead light bulbs.  We’ve been putting this off as we need a large ladder and it just never seems like fun!

Odd Ramblings

• Weight Gained So Far:  roughly 12-13 lbs
  • Craving:  Anything warm and comforting, soup, pumpkin bread, hot mugs of decaf coffee, popcorn
  • Workouts this Week:  5 at the gym and 3 prenatal yoga sessions
  • Energy:  I’ve had tons of energy this week, I hope it sticks around
  • What I’m Most Excited For:  Hearing Baby C’s heartbeat this week at our next doctors visit!
  • Time Spent on the Phone with Target to Exchange a Defective Stroller (the toddler seat was broken):  1 hour 18 minutes and 9 seconds.  They are sending us a free $20 gift card for the inconvenience though!

Week 22 Baby Bump Pictures

For comparison, 14 weeks!

2011-10-12_07.05.08 2011-10-12_07.05.29

SAM_6144 SAM_6143 SAM_6145SAM_6118  SAM_6064 2011-10-08_12.38.09

About these ads

16 Responses to “Week 22 Pregnancy Update- Papaya”

1. Shanna, like Banana October 12, 2011 at 8:10 am #

Loving all your outfits! You have great legs girl!

Are you sleeping with a body pillow? I never bought one, but I put a regular pillow between my legs and it helps the back a lot!

Keep up the sharing :)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 12, 2011 at 9:03 am #

I’ve been sleeping with a regular pillow inbetween my legs too to help ease the pain. It works a little bit, but I always wake up and I’m on my back!

2. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries October 12, 2011 at 8:30 am #

I hope I look as cute as you do when I’m pregnant!!

I hope your left foot starts to feel better soon!

3. Healthy Coconut October 12, 2011 at 11:05 am #

I must say…that you look really good girl. You are dressing that baby bump really well, cute outfits. You are going to be one hot mama-to-be. I wish I can be the same when I have kids someday…..I’ve already seen how my sisters bodies change when they are pregnant and they carried weight all over, not just in the belly.

I have the same cravings….but I’m not pregnant, lol!

4. Jen@foodfamilyfitness October 12, 2011 at 11:28 am #

Pregnancy 100% agrees with you, you look fabulous!!!!

5. Heather October 12, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

I love these updates! Glad no more headaches and good job on all the workouts, it was so hard for me to workout too when I was pregnant but I ALWAYS felt better later.

6. Shayla @ The Good Life October 12, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Love the bump and you’re so gorgeous and look great…and from what I can see you got hot legs! ;)

I just always love reading your “how I’m feeling emotionally” section…I can just feel the love for your baby girl pouring out of you and your hubby and it just melts my heart…I know all of us here can’t wait to “meet” her too! :)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 13, 2011 at 7:25 am #

We do love our baby girl so much already, its amazing how you can love something so deeply that you’ve never seen or met, only felt kicking a little bit!

7. Erica October 12, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

So exciting! Glad youre feeling good! And again-such cute clothes

8. STUFT Mama October 12, 2011 at 10:50 pm #

Cute, cute, cute, pregnant mama. :) I WISH Target was better with returning stuff. ugh. You should get a $50 gift card. :)

9. Jenny October 13, 2011 at 3:53 am #

Aww you look so cute!

10. sweetlyvegan December 24, 2011 at 10:17 pm #

I love being able to follow along with your earlier weeks of pregnancy. I am up 12-13 lbs exactly too today (22 weeks) and I have been stressing about it cuz i gained 2 in the last two or three days. But I am so relieved to know that I am right on track with another healthy mama who looks great as u do!!! 22 weeks in – weight gain still freaks me out!! Its hard to understand sometimes that your body is going to gain weight because it is supposed to…