Week 24 Pregnancy Update-

26 Oct

How Big is Baby?

Baby, fetus at 25 weeks - BabyCenter

Well, according to Thebump.com, baby is still as big as a papaya and nothing new to report until week 25.  But, according to babycenter.com,

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn’t much more than an average rutabaga, but she’s beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she’ll start to look more and more like a newborn. She’s also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you’d now be able to discern its color and texture.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically I’m feeling the same as last week.  My energy is lowering a bit, but I still feel like myself and am able to get lots done during the day.  My back pain is still an everyday occurrence and it is getting so annoying!  Only 15 weeks to go until it stops.  I’m confused as to why I get back pain since I have a really strong lower back and core.  Oh-well, if back pain is what I need to put up with, then so be it!  Luckily Keith has been rubbing my back before I get out of bed in the morning, when the pain is the worst.  Only one other new development happened this week and that is I have been getting nauseas the past few afternoons.  Both days the nausea has come on around 3:30pm and I’ve felt so sick I’ve had to lay down.  Yesterday had my running to the toilet multiple times, but luckily I was able to hold everything together.  I’m curious to see if I feel the same way again today (day three in a row).  After about an hour and a half, two hours, I feel fine again.  It is very strange and reminds me a lot of morning sickness from first trimester.

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Emotionally things are slowly starting to sink in.  I know I’m pregnant and can feel the baby moving inside me, but it still hasn’t sunk in fully that in a little over three months, we will have a baby at home.  I don’t know when it will hit me, but we have so much to get done before the baby arrives.  Since we are not having a baby shower, Keith and I have a lot of shopping to do.  I think we are planning on getting as much done as we can in November since we will have family in town twice in December and just want to enjoy the holiday season without stressing over things we need to buy or get done around the house.  Also, our busiest month at work is January ,of course, so the more prepared we are ahead of time, the less stressed I’m going to feel.  I’m just so excited to order the nursery furniture and get Baby Cameryn’s room all set up!  It is going to be so cute and perfect for her and I know I will feel more organized once everything has arrived!

Odd Ramblings

• Weight Gained:  13-14lbs
  • Cravings:  Fall breads (banana, pumpkin)
  • Recent Goals:  Consume more protein
  • Days Until my Next Doctors Appointment: 22
  • What I’m Most Looking Forward too:  Setting up the nursery
  • Foods I Still Can’t Eat:  White fish  <—I wonder if this will ever go away?

Week 24 Baby Bump Pictures

*Sorry for the glare, taking pics off a phone is not always the best!

2011-10-26 07.49.34 2011-10-26 07.49.10

2011-10-22 15.43.57 2011-10-22 15.47.002011-10-20 08.54.13  2011-10-20 08.52.57

About these ads

25 Responses to “Week 24 Pregnancy Update-”

1. Shanna, like Banana October 26, 2011 at 8:10 am #

Love the bare belly shot! We are carrying very similar –compact. That’s what people kept saying to me this weekend. It’s all a little ball right in front. I kinda love it ;)

I had back pain very early on and if there is one thing about my body, I’ve always had strong abs/core, but for some reason that didn’t help. The back pain does get a little worse too as more weight comes on, but it’s manageable — hang in there!

As for the protien, it is so hard! I barely get 40g a day and I’m supposed to 70-100g. Meep! I just can’t seem to find enough ways to pack it in. If you have any ideas, let me know!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2011 at 10:23 am #

I started doing greek yogurt for lunch with chia seeds almonds and honey to get in about 25 grams in one meal. I know I’m not getting in as much as I should either so I’m going to really focus on it these next 15 weeks! I feel as if I ate a lot more protein before I got pregnant and I think it is because my body is now craving carbs a lot more!

2. Claire @ Live and Love to Eat October 26, 2011 at 8:17 am #

It’s so great that you have this community for support (like Shanna) – you girls will have to help me through it when it’s my turn (no time soon, I promise!). You look great! :)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2011 at 10:24 am #

When I found out I was pregnant I only knew of one other pregnant blogger, but now I feel like so many of us are pregnant! It is such a great support and especially fun to follow along on other’s pregnancy journey!

3. Lisa@Healthy Diaries October 26, 2011 at 8:20 am #

I hope you feel better today and don’t get nauseous!

P.S. Where your cross-over bag from in the last pic? LOVE it!

4. Erica October 26, 2011 at 8:24 am #

You are such an adorable preggers! Hope you feel well today. I dont think the whole we are really having a baby hit me until we were on our way to the hospital!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2011 at 10:26 am #

My doctor told me it didn’t hit her until she was at home with her 2 week old infant! I have no clue when it will hit me. I feel like somedays it has and then other days I’m in disbelief that I’m actually pregnant!

5. Allie October 26, 2011 at 9:02 am #

Your baby bump is so cute :) I am very excited for ya and I can’t wait to see the nursery!

6. Alicia October 26, 2011 at 9:03 am #

Aww you look sooo cute! You’re abs are still so defined even with the cute bump! :-) Yay for being 24 weeks!! :-D

7. Rachel Starr October 26, 2011 at 9:18 am #

have you tried foam rolling your back? that’s helped me a lot. i also just ordered a Gabrailla support band to help w/ my back pain & to wear while running. sorry to hear about your nausea!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2011 at 10:28 am #

I haven’t but we do have a foam roller at home I should dig out! I might need to look into a support band for working out. I’m constantly holding my stomach with one hand while doing cardio. I hate the feeling of it moving up and down!

8. Shayla @ The Good Life October 26, 2011 at 9:31 am #

Awww love the belly shot, you look gorgeous! :)

And if you hadn’t found out you were having a girl, I would have definitely guessed you were having a boy since you’re carrying low and it’s all in the front. You’re all baby and it’s so darn cute!

Sorry to hear about the back pain and nausea, I hope it gets better and at least you get some back rubs out of it ;)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2011 at 10:30 am #

I am carrying really low. The baby loves to be snuggled into the lowest part of the womb, or at least that is where I always feel her! I still haven’t washed any of her clothes and am waiting until our 3D ultrasound in about a month to reconfirm she is a girl! I don’t know what I would do if they told me she really was a boy at this point! :)

9. Soo @ Little Miss Fitness October 26, 2011 at 9:58 am #

you are stinkin adorable! :) way to go on keeping up the healthy eating and exercising even when it’s tough. a true inspiration!!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2011 at 10:35 am #

You got to do what you got to do! Plus keeping fit during pregnancy will make it easier to get fit again once the baby is born!

10. Julie October 26, 2011 at 10:22 am #

You look great! I am just a couple weeks behind you so it’s fun to follow your blog and see how you were feeling as each week approaches!

My back pain started last night and I am so glad I read your post b/c I could not understand why I’m experiencing back pain this early on. I thought it would happen when I was much larger…not at 22 weeks! Oh well…it’s worth it! :)

Thanks for sharing!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2011 at 10:36 am #

I think my back pain started around week 20 for no apparent reason. I would get it at night and then have problems sleeping because it hurts so bad. I haven’t found it to be getting worse, but it is still annoying!

11. La. October 27, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

I don’t think the lower back pain has anything to do with the core. I think it has to do with the placenta being attached back there – or so I read since I’m experiencing the same thing! Ahhhhhhhhhhh. You look adorable!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm #

My placenta is attached to the front, so against my stomach so I’m not sure if that is the cause. Something is happening that my body doesn’t like, but I don’t think I’ll ever figure it out!

• krista November 2, 2011 at 8:49 am #

I’ve been told the back pain is just from the extra weight, and it being all in one spot so puts us preggos out of balance and puts more strain on the back. I’m 27.5 weeks and just started getting a little, but not too bad. Noticed it yesterday while kickboxing, usually just when doing cardio!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

Mine goes away when I do cardio! I started getting it around week 20 and it has been on and off. Exercising a lot has helped especially the prenatal yoga. I think it really helps stretch out my back. I’ve also been sitting and standing up as straight as I possible can and that seems to be helping a little. I know my little one loves curling up as low as she possibly can and maybe just like you mentioned the extra weight is causing the pressue on my back. Who knows, at least all this back pain is more than worth the reward at the end- a healthy baby! :)