Week 25 Pregnancy Update

2 Nov

How Big is Baby?

According to babycenter.com,

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn’t much more than an average rutabaga, but she’s beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she’ll start to look more and more like a newborn. She’s also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you’d now be able to discern its color and texture.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically I’ve been doing really good.  Just like in the past weeks, I can tell my energy levels are going down.  I did decide not to lift Quincy or anything heavy for the rest of my pregnancy.  On Sunday when I lifted the dog, all 50 pounds of him, I immediately started seeing bright auras everywhere for a couple minutes.  I think that was my body telling me to knock it off and stop lifting Quincy,  or anything heavy for that matter.  I did get in lots of workouts during week 25 which included, walking the dog, cardio (treadmill and elliptical workouts) and prenatal yoga.  I’m still feeling strong physically and feel good about my cardio as well.

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Week 25 was a good week overall.  I have started reading about hypnobirthing and am getting really excited to explore it more.  I am about one-thirds finished with the book and have already learned so much.  Something in the book just clicks with the style of birth I want so I’m loving it.  Hypnobirthing is about taking the fear out of birth and also taking a more natural approach to the whole thing.  Other than that, I am just really excited to meet our baby girl!  I can’t stop day dreaming about what she will look like and what her voice will sound like.  Currently I’m feeling she will look just like me except with Keith’s blue eye color and his mouth.  I could change my mind at any minute, but right now that is what I’m picturing her to look like!

Odd Ramblings

• Cravings:  Nothing really last week.  I was still loving pumpkin bread and did indulge in my fair share of Halloween candy
  • Days Until my Next Appointment:  15
  • Number of Ultrasounds Left:  1
  • Number of Kicks Felt Each Day:  Lots!  J
  • Foods I Still Can’t Stand:  White Fish
  • Total Weight Gained:  15-16lbs

Week 25 Baby Bump Photo

About these ads

15 Responses to “Week 25 Pregnancy Update”

1. Shanna, like Banana November 2, 2011 at 6:16 pm #

I’m so happy you are feeling your belly dance! It will just keep getting better and better. I, too, can just stare at it forever.

I bet your baby girl will be just gorgeous and sweet — and very well dressed too, hehe ;)

I hope that things continue to go so well =)

2. Shanna, like Banana November 2, 2011 at 6:16 pm #

Oh and of course lovin’ the little round bump!!!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 3, 2011 at 7:57 am #

It is so addicting to watch waiting for movement in the belly! The baby bump is definitely in full bloom! Each week I think to myself, I can’t imagine it getting any bigger and then it magically gets larger! :)

3. Erica November 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm #

So fabulous! My doc told me not to lift over 25-30 lbs! I tried to stay under as much as i could-its tough! You look adorableee

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 3, 2011 at 7:55 am #

My doctor told me to not lift over 25lbs at first, but then said I could continue what I have been doing for workouts, just adjust the weight as I need too.

4. purelyemily November 2, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

I’d love to hear more of your thoughts on hypnobirthing! I’m not pregnant (nor do I plan to be soon), but I love hearing about all of the birthing options. You look amazing

5. Kerryne November 2, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

Such a cute belly. I actually LOVED being pregnant. I hope you are enjoying it! You look fantastic.

6. Allie November 3, 2011 at 3:45 am #

You should totally do a post on hypnobirth! I want to hear about it!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 3, 2011 at 7:51 am #

Once I finish the book and have done some of the exercises, I will do one. I will be excited to share what I learned!

7. Soo @ Little Miss Fitness November 3, 2011 at 6:52 am #

Wow, what an exciting season for you and baby! Isn’t it crazy that there’s an actual human being inside of you?!?! God’s so amazing. :)

8. Heather November 3, 2011 at 8:17 am #

One of my best friends did hypnobirthing with her son. Her husband kept asking her doctors if she was ok because she was so chilled out and relaxed!! She did it for her second baby with the same results. I’m glad your able to post, I always look forward to reading!

9. Shayla @ The Good Life November 3, 2011 at 10:50 am #

Awww love the baby bump! I bet she’ll be such a gorgeous baby girl and I bet it’s so fun to see the kicking – when you really think about it it’s just so amazing to me that there’s an actual little person in there! ;)

My mom had me and my sis naturally and the hypnobirthing kinda sounds like what she tried to do – the big thing for her and what she’s advised to me is that the whole time she tried to stay calm and not be fearful of the pain – to remember that the pain is normal and to not get frightened by it. I’m sure easier said than done but (if I can) I hope to go natural like my mama! :)