Week 28 Pregnancy Journal- Chinese Cabbage

23 Nov

Wow, I can’t believe I’m in my final week in the 20s!  Next week I’ll officially be in the 30s!  Time is going by so quickly, which I’m grateful for as I can’t wait to meet our little princess!

How Big is Baby?

Baby, fetus at 28 weeks - BabyCenter

According to BabyCenter.com,

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She’s also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically, I’m still feeling pretty good.  I actually feel like I had more energy last week than in previous weeks.  I was able to get a lot accomplished, even though I was lacking sleep.  I didn’t sleep well for about three nights right after Quincy got neutered, his  plastic cone he had to wear was so noisy.  Like Keith said, it was probably a good little practice as the baby will have us up a lot more!  I got confirmation from the doctor that I’m getting Braxton hicks contractions when I’m working out and walking the dog.  They are pretty sporadic but my whole midsection gets really tight and hard as a rock.  She said not to worry about them unless I get five within an hour lasting for more than 30 seconds.  I  guess my body is really starting to prepare to have a baby!  Exciting!  At first I thought I was envisioning my rock hard stomach but once Keith touched it, he let me know I wasn’t imagining things.  : )

Other new developments, I’ve been able to feel the baby a lot lately and am still loving every second of it.  She is now more into rolling/flipping around in there and it feel so weird when she makes major adjustments.  Keith has been having a lot of fun feeling her move too.  This morning, he told me he that while I was sleeping and my stomach was gently touching him, he could feel the baby dancing around in my stomach!  I wonder when reality will completely set  in we are about to become parents in a couple months?

One other thing I did this past week in week 28 was get tested for gestational diabetes.  I think I passed, but wont officially know until my appointment next week.  I figured if I failed, they would probably call me, but until I get the news I passed, I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

With all the excitement of the holidays, it has elevated my excitement even more (if that’s possible) for the baby to get here!  I’m just so excited I can’t even put into words how I’m feeling!  : )

I do have an urge to get the house in order on a daily basis and am starting to now get antsy to start getting the baby the smaller items she needs like a baby bath, diaper genie and other odds and ends.

We had a doctors appointment last week and it went well.  The nurse let us listen to Cameryn’s  heartbeat for a few minutes witch was nice since the last time we heard it, it was only for a few seconds.  Since I’m in the third trimester, I now visit the doctors every 2 weeks instead of every 4-5 weeks.  Once I hit 36 weeks, I’ll start going in weekly to get checked.

Random Tidbits

• Weight Gained so Far:  17-18lbs
  • Days Until our Due Date: 77
  • Cravings:  Pineapple, bananas, blueberries
  • Dishes Keith and I will Cook on Thanksgiving: 6
  • Workouts this Week:  2 gym, 1 yoga and 1 dog walk

Baby Bump Pictures Week 28

Week 14, just starting my second trimester:

Week 28, first week in the third trimester, I swear you can still see my upper abs just a bit (whatever is left of them), although Keith just rolled his eyes at me when I made him look! : )

2011-11-23 07.07.21

I can definitely tell I got wider this week and the baby now loves to hang out in my ribs which makes breathing difficult at times.  I’m constantly having to reposition to get comfy.

2011-11-23 07.06.522011-11-23 07.06.42

2011-11-23 07.07.56

2011-11-22 08.51.482011-11-22 08.52.41

About these ads

20 Responses to “Week 28 Pregnancy Journal- Chinese Cabbage”

1. JessSutera November 23, 2011 at 7:40 am #

I can totally still see your upper abs, seriously! :)

2. purelyemily November 23, 2011 at 8:08 am #

I love your updates! Such a cute little belly!

3. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat November 23, 2011 at 8:16 am #

Definitely still rockin’ those abs! You look great and sound like you’re getting prepared! :)

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 24, 2011 at 7:20 am #

Slowly getting prepared! I couldn’t sleep last night becuase I kept thinking about everything we still need to get before the baby arrives! I couldn’t turn my mind off!

4. Shanna, like Banana November 23, 2011 at 8:30 am #

The kicks and rolls are just wonderful aren’t they? I love that you are experiencing all of that and Keith is too. I have a feeling I’m going to miss that part when lil Sawyer is born.

Time sure does fly though doesn’t it!?! We’re both in the home stretch.

Hugs to you!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 24, 2011 at 7:20 am #

I’m going to miss it as well! Its hard to remember what my body felt like before there was a baby in it! I’m so used to her being with me!

5. H Collins November 23, 2011 at 8:41 am #

If I looked this good when I had my babies….I would have had tons. I gained lots of weight with my first pregnancy and never lost and then with my second I just added to what I already had. I’m happy to say, with a little help, I’ve lost a lot of weight. I have gained some back, because I fell off the wagon, but I’m back on the wagon. Working out again and eating clean. You will do it too. IMO, you’re all baby….when you have her most of the weight will be gone. Plus you work out and still are while pregnant. Piece of cake…you got this. YOU LOOK GREAT!!

6. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries November 23, 2011 at 9:27 am #

I can totally see ur abs still! :) You look great and seriously are tiny!
    I can’t wait to see what you guys are making for Thanksgiving!
    I’m in charge of the dessert and the sweet potato casserole!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 24, 2011 at 7:18 am #

We are making lots of yummy things! I can’t wait to share with everyone! I’m sure you sweet potato casserole is going to be so good!

7. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) November 23, 2011 at 11:11 am #

Holy schmee! You have the best baby bump I have ever seen. It is adorable. I can’t wait to see all your food for Thanksgiving! I can only imagine the nomtasticness!

8. Heather B November 23, 2011 at 11:41 am #

Yup, definitely see your abs still! It was so flattering, when I was in the hospital waiting to deliver Luke, I had probably 6 nurses ask me if I worked out. One of the nurses said I was the only pregnant lady she’s ever seen with abs still!! Now….not so much as before! But I’m working on it. Also, I had contractions when I was running and never knew it until I told the doctor my stomach was so hard. She told me to immediately stop but she also said not to lift any weights over THREE pounds (what?!?!)!! Conservative much?! Happy thanksgiving!!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 24, 2011 at 7:17 am #

Haha, I bet that made you feel good for working out your whole pregnancy! My doctor didn’t seem too concerned with the Braxton hicks, she just said if I get five in an hour lasting 30 seconds that it probably isn’t BH and is real labor and I must pay attention to them so I know when the real thing is happening!

9. allieksmith November 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

I can totally see your upper abs!

10. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 23, 2011 at 5:53 pm #

Feeling your little girl moving and kicking around must be AMAZING!! You look great! Crazy that you’re almost into the 30s. 40 will be here in no time :)