Thanksgiving Recap

27 Nov

We started our day with cinnamon rolls and pumpkin bread.  They don’t look as pretty as when my Mom makes them, but we didn’t care since they tasted amazing!

2011-11-23 18.24.242011-11-23 19.08.49

2011-11-23 19.31.20

Before heading into the gym for our traditional cardio workout, I made pumpkin dip and Keith got the turkey breast prepared and into the crockpot.

After the gym, once we were all cleaned up, we watched a little bit of the Macy’s parade before football took over and flipped trough the Black Friday ads.

The rest of the day was spent cooking and eating.

Appetizers (we put them away about three hours before our meal was ready)

Pumpkin Dip served with ginger crisps, graham crackers and apples.  So delicious!  We will definitely be making this again next year and sooner!

2011-11-24 11.07.13

Cheese and Crackers…

2011-11-24 11.06.29

Main Thanksgiving course,

Turkey Breast

2011-11-24 14.42.49

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

2011-11-24 14.42.10

Traditional Green Bean Casserole

2011-11-24 14.42.01

Stuffing

2011-11-24 14.41.47

Pumpkin Pie

2011-11-24 17.18.23

My dinner plate… after I ate all this I was so stuffed and had to wait about 3 1/2 hours until I could eat a small sliver of pie!

2011-11-24 14.46.33

Pie  Smile

2011-11-24 17.25.59

Both Keith and I agreed that all the food turned out amazing and we were happy just to spend the day hanging out as a family!  We did miss our families in Minnesota and Montana and wish we were able to share in the holiday with them.  Maybe next year.  At least we will be surrounded by family for Christmas!

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving as much as we did in the Conrad house.  Remember, just because Thanksgiving is over for another year doesn’t mean you should be thankful, grateful and count your blessings on a daily basis!

Questions:

• What was your favorite part of Thanksgiving?
  • What traditions do you and your family have?
  • Any new recipes that turned out amazing you would like to share (feel free to link up recipes)

About these ads

12 Responses to “Thanksgiving Recap”

1. Shannon (Healthiful Balance) November 27, 2011 at 8:17 am #

Everything looks delish!

2. allieksmith November 27, 2011 at 9:52 am #

What a lovely Thanksgiving! I bet that pumpkin dip was amazing!! :)

3. Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life November 27, 2011 at 10:01 am #

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is getting to just hang out and relax with the family. I love playing games like charades or any of the dancing games for Wii!

I started a new tradition in my family last year of doing a turkey trot on Thanksgiving day. This was the second year we did it — it’s just a great way to be thankful for health and start the day energized!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 27, 2011 at 11:46 am #

I love the idea of doing a turkey trot! It is kind of like our cardio tradition! It feels great to eat a big meal knowing you were just active earlier in the day!

4. Erica November 27, 2011 at 10:24 am #

Yum! What a great spread- everything looks just perfect. I’ve made a similar pumpkin dip before=amazing! My favorite part of this thanksgiving was definitely just time with the family!

5. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) November 27, 2011 at 10:31 am #

I knew it would be the bomb post when it began with that bread. Holy schmeee and that pumpkin dip? Actually your stuffing looks so good too. Every part of your meal looks so good. Jealous to the max.

6. Marissa November 28, 2011 at 7:38 am #

I love that we have a huge, Italian family and we all get together and let the kiddos play. Our cousins have all had children(including me) so children are EVERYWHERE! Ha! I just love carrying on traditions that were SO important to my grandmother and her brothers and sisters :)

Looks like some yummy foods! I totally gave it and had a small slice of Pumpkin pie too! SO YUMMY!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 28, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

That sounds like such fun! I’ve always wanted six kids so I could be apart of a huge family during the holidays! I love all the craziness of little kids running around everywhere and family all coming together for the holidays! Now that I’m older and more realistic I know having six kids wont be happening! :)