Introducing…

8 Dec

Hey guys!  Happy Thursday to all of you!

This week has been super busy for me filled with random things.  Yet, at the same time, each day is passing by so slowly.  I’m happy it’s Friday tomorrow!  Yay!  Smile

I haven’t done any nightly recaps this week but my eats for the past three days have looked almost identical to this:

• Pre Workout (Tuesday and Wednesday)- 1 small scoop almond butter
  • Breakfast-  coffee with creamer, 1/2 banana, Ezekiel English muffin with egg, cheese and tomato
  • AM Snack-  Apple and Clif Mojo bar
  • Lunch-  Greek yogurt with chia seeds, almond butter and honey
  • PM Snack-  Nothing (I’ve been too busy to find time to eat my pm snack)
  • Dinner-  Salad with chicken breast

Workouts this week have been:

• Tuesday-  45 minutes of cardio.  Walking on the treadmill I really pulled my round ligament on my lower right side under my baby bump.  It hurts so badly still.
  • Wednesday-  Upper body strength.  I am so sore today.  My back, shoulders and pecs are screaming at me.  I’m surprised my triceps aren’t sore, I worked those the hardest.

I still have three gym workouts to get in this week, so I’m planning on early Friday morning and then getting in on both Saturday and Sunday.

Yoga sessions have been nonexistent.  I need to get in my weekly three and still have four days to get them in.

Dog walks- I’ve got one of the five I like to get in.  That means today through Sunday our little fur baby will be getting a walk!  The weather got super cold in Arizona so we slacked on our walks a little bit.

Anyways, that’s my recap of the past three days.  Now lets get onto the fun stuff, 3D/4D ultrasounds!

Yesterday morning, Keith and I went in for our final ultrasound.  Baby Cameryn was head down (yay) with her face basically smashed up against my placenta and hip bone.  Her butt was up high right under my ribs and her feet were on my left side.  The tech asked if all her movement and kicks are on the left side and she was exactly right in her guess.  Cameryn’s back is to my spine as she is facing forward in the womb.

We were really excited for this appointment to see what our little girl was going to look like.  Our friends had shown us pictures from their 3D ultrasound about two years ago and when their daughter was born, she really did look just like the photos they showed us!  It was incredible.

So without rambling on anymore, I want to introduce you all to our beautiful baby girl…

CAMERYN_14

I think she has Keith’s full lips and possibly his nose as well.  Trying to smile for the camera!

CAMERYN_19

Yawning, too adorable!  It was really fun watching her move around in there, especially her little yawns.  They were so sweet!

CAMERYN_26

The ultrasound tech mentioned she has chubby cheeks and already has more hair than her daddy!  Smile

In total we got about 40 pictures, and about half were 3d/4D.  The baby even opened her eyes a few times for us to see which was so amazing!  Since she was pressed up against the placenta and my hip bone, the tech had to use this device that made a loud noise and would vibrate.  She would drag it over my stomach and we would all watch as Cameryn would grimace and move for us to get a better shot.  After the initial drag, she no joke gave us all the middle finger!  We all had a a good laugh.  She was in the middle of her morning nap and was not happy with us bugging her.  Luckily the tech only used it twice so I don’t think we made the baby too unhappy.  Winking smile

I think both Keith and I are even more excited than before to meet our little girl.  Since this was the last time we get to see her before her arrival, I’m totally obsessed with looking at her pictures!  I still can’t really believe I’m pregnant and Keith and I created this little miracle in my belly!

Questions:

• What has been the best part of your week so far?
  • What do you think about 3D/4D ultrasounds?  Know any babies who looked like their ultrasound pictures?
  • Have you been keeping up with your workouts this week?

About these ads

42 Responses to “Introducing…”

1. loftyappetite December 8, 2011 at 10:58 am #

that is so unbelievably creepy, yet totally amazing at the same time! technology these days is incredible.

2. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart December 8, 2011 at 10:59 am #

Those pictures are amazing! I am still early along in my pregnancy (13 weeks), but I love reading your updates! Thank you for inspiring me to keep up with healthy habits during pregnancy!

3. Shanna, like Banana December 8, 2011 at 11:04 am #

Oooo how spectacular that you got to see her yawn and open her eyes. She’s a real human being in there! Crazy right?

Our hospital doesn’t offer the 3D and we didn’t opt to get one outside of that since we have been getting pretty fantastic shots from the 2D.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 8, 2011 at 11:08 am #

I can’t wait to see if she does look like the shots we got yesterday! For about a minute she was looking directly at us, it was too funny! I bet the 2D are super good pics as well! I’m just obsessed with all things Cameryn so any ultrasounds we get totally make my month!

4. Erica December 8, 2011 at 11:43 am #

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! How exciting! Looks adorable!

5. Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life December 8, 2011 at 11:44 am #

Ohmygosh I’m so excited for you and Kevin! The yawning pic is the cutest!

6. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries December 8, 2011 at 11:51 am #

Awww she is truly adorable as ever! Those 3d images are awesome! I’ve seen them before and they always astonish me with how far technology has come. So cool to “meet” your daughter before she is born!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 8, 2011 at 11:55 am #

Technology amazes me too so much! I’m already thinking about what will be new with our second or third child that wasn’t available this time around. I’m not sure if I would have made a good pregnant lady back in the day. I would be too filled with curiosity my whole pregnancy! Some people might not want to see what their baby looks like but I’m all for finding out as much as I can now! Nothing will compare to when she is actually here!

7. Shayla @ The Good Life December 8, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

Awwww omg that is just so so amazing and adorable!! When you really stop and think about the fact that there’s an actual little human being growing inside of you and you and your husband created this being – it’s just so surreal and such an amazing miracle what our bodies can do! So neat that you got to see her open her eyes and yawn – adorable! And she definitely has some nice full lips and cheeks going on – she’s going to be one beautiful baby!! I so cannot wait to see her debut on the blog! :)

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 8, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

I can’t wait until her blog debut! :)

It still amazes me each and every day Keith and I created a little baby that is inside me. I am still waiting for it to fully hit me that I’m pregnant. I don’t think it ever will. I’m also still in amazement of my stomach. I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of looking at it and watching it move!

• Shayla @ The Good Life December 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

Your response put the biggest smile on my face – love it! It makes me 100x more eager for when Todd and I get to experience it :)

8. Dani December 8, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

just out of curiousity, how many calories do you shoot for a day now? Your food intake seems really low for someone as active as you in their third trimester.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

I don’t count calories, I go more by if I’m feeling hungry or not. I would estimate right now I’m getting in around 2000-2500 calories a day, some days more and some days probably less. Before I got pregnant I’d estimate I’d eat anywhere from 1200-1500 a day. I have my splurge meals on the weekend so they aren’t shown in today’s blog post. Also, nuts and seeds are really calorie dense. I’m probably eating at least 400-500 calories a day just from almond butter and chia seeds and I have walnuts in my salads at dinner too. Hope this answers your question.

9. La. December 8, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

I passed on the 3D/4D pics so that i would have more incentive to push! Ha! She looks cute already! And it is true, babies don’t like their home messed with!

10. Jamie @ FoodinRealLife December 8, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

That is super cool- wow! Nice to know she is head down too. Congrats! What a cutie!

11. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) December 8, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

Wow that is crazy but so cool at the same time! I’m so happy for you girl! :)

12. Allie December 8, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

Wow so cool! It is so awesome that they have 3D ultrasounds !

13. sweetlyvegan December 8, 2011 at 7:16 pm #

wow she is going to be a beautiful little girl!! And very lucky to have a Mommy as adoring as you! What an amazing thing to see her yawning!!!
    I also go by whether I am hungry or not. I don’t usually count calories, tho I had read before becoming pregnant that I should also be taking in about 1200-1500 calories a day just like you. I try to always remember “balance” and it seems like you do a great job of that!
    I honestly wished you lived closer so I could have a gym buddy as dedicated as you!!! Everytime I go there I am the only person there (don’t get me wrong that is nice) but I really miss having a yoga instructor and a room full of classmates to create that energy that makes you push yourself just a little bit harder. But reading your blog does inspire me a ton especially on the days I just don’t feel like doing it.
    The best part of my week will be our 19.5 week ultrasound tomorrow morning! I AM OBSESSED with 4d ultrasounds too!!!
    This week so far I have worked out everyday 3 days, and I will be going to the gym tonight! So hopefully by tomorrow afternoon I will be at 5! :) xo

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 9, 2011 at 7:21 am #

Having you as a gym buddy would definitely motivate me! I usually workout by myself unless Keith and I are lifting weights together but that rarely happens. It always makes workouts much more fun and challenging when you are working out with a like minded friend! You look amazing and are doing such a great job keeping fit while growing your little one!

Good luck with your ultrasound, what a nice way to start your weekend! I’m sure you will get lots of cute pictures of your little girl!

14. HeatherB December 8, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

That is AMAZING!! She’s so cute already!! I had to get ultrasounds every week bc of he low fluid thing and they always told me his lips were really big, like REALLY BIG!, but they were normal when he came out, thank goodness. Yay, so excited you got that ultrasound done!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 9, 2011 at 7:17 am #

haha, good to know your son’s lips were normal sized once we arrived! I was hoping Cameryn would get Keith’s nice plump lips as my lips aren’t as nice!

• HeatherB December 9, 2011 at 8:14 am #

I’m sure she will have nice full lips. I don’t think our ultrasound person REALLY knew bc we never has the 4d ultrasound. It’s so cool!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 12, 2011 at 11:45 am #

We will see if she looks close to her pictures in less than two months! : )

15. Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 9, 2011 at 9:13 am #

Awesome ultrasounds! Thanks for sharing! :)

On a side note, I’ve NEVER been too busy for afternoon snack. haha

16. Jen@foodfamilyfitness December 9, 2011 at 9:17 am #

So cool!!!! I never had the 3D/4D ultrasounds with my kids, that would have been amazing!

17. Sophia @ Raven Waves December 9, 2011 at 10:04 am #

WOW! I didn’t know that technology had gotten so advanced for ultrasounds! Your baby girl looks gorgeous, just like mama! :)

18. Maren December 9, 2011 at 10:25 am #

Aww your little girl looks so beautiful!!

19. Alicia December 13, 2011 at 8:40 am #

<3 the pics! She is precious!! :-D

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Week 31 Pregnancy Journal- 4 Navel Oranges « - December 14, 2011

[...] past week, we had our 3d/4d 31 week ultrasound.  I posted pictures here.  Here is my favorite picture from the [...]