If you are like me, the holidays seem to bring on a busier schedule. This is a quick circuit workout for those who want to get in some sort of quick workout during the holidays without spending too much time in the gym and away from family. This workout can also be done at home with just some tubing. So if you plan on traveling, pack a tubing band and you are all set to go no matter where you are heading for the holidays!
Quick Holiday Workout
- Push Ups (to failure)
- 50 Squats (remember to squeeze your bum every time you stand)
- 1 minute Shoulder Press (with weights or tubing)
- 50 Jumping Jacks
- 1 minute Bicep Curls per arm (with weights or tubing)
- 1 minute Triceps Kickbacks per arm (with weights or tubing)
- 50 Stationary Lunges (25 reps per leg)
- 50 Mountain Climbers
- 1 minute One Arm Rows per arm (with weights or tubing)
- 25 Jumping Squats
Repeat twice. This workout should take you a little over 25 minutes. It will get your heart rate up and your metabolism revved up. You can feel free to add in cardio before of after if you want. If you are doing this at home, you can run stairs or go outside and walk or run if you want to add in some cardio. Remember to do a five minute warm up before starting this quick circuit workout.
*Also, always check/consult with your doctor before starting a new exercise program.*
I know I’ll be doing a modified version of this workout while we have company in town. Keeping my workouts short but effective is how I like to roll during the holiday season!
My Eats from the past few days have looked a lot like this:
- Breakfast- Coffee with creamer, 1/2 banana or pear, Ezekiel English muffin with egg, tomato and cheese
- AM Snack- Apple and whey protein shake
- Lunch- Greek Yogurt with chia seeds, honey and almond butter or spinach smoothie (spinach, banana, ice and almond milk)
- PM Snack- Chips and Greek yogurt dip with a few chocolates <—I know, I know. So not healthy. I’m sure this will change soon back to a healthy snack.
- Dinner- Salad with chicken breast or last night I had a salad with a small helping of Annie’s Mac N Cheese
All reused pictures
My Workouts have been great this week
- Tuesday, I did 45 minutes of cardio in the gym.
- Wednesday, I did upper body strength training in the gym, prenatal yoga in the afternoon, along with walking the dog.
- Thursday, I did another 45 minutes of cardio in the gym, prenatal yoga in the afternoon and walked the dog as well.
- Friday, was our rest day from the gym. I’m sure I’ll be walking the dog when I get home from work and maybe will squeeze in some prenatal yoga as well before we meet up with friends for a Mexican dinner out.
As you’ve probably noticed I haven’t been blogging as much as I usually do. All is well with me, I’ve just been busy and frankly some days I just don’t have anything to blog about! I should be back to my usual blogging schedule after the holidays, but the last thing I want to do is force myself to write a post. I don’t ever want my posts to be forced. So if you notice I’m blogging a little less and commenting a little less that is the reason why! I find myself so distracted lately, not to mention pregnancy tiredness is creeping back.
- Are you a fan of quick workouts during busy times or would you rather just skip them all together?
- What are you plans for the holidays? Anyone traveling?
- Have you finished up all your Christmas shopping yet?
- What holiday goodies are you planning on baking soon?