Hello everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start! Can you believe that tomorrow is already Wednesday! We’re getting closer to the weekend, yay!
Since I haven’t been posting my eats lately, I wanted to get back into that. So, I’m going to jump right back into it. Here are my eats from today:
- Breakfast- Coffee with creamer, Ezekiel English muffin with egg, tomato and cheese, plus 1/2 grapefruit
- Lunch- PB2 chocolate banana smoothie <—my current obsession
- PM Snack- Small Ezekiel wrap with roasted turkey, tomato, spring mix, cheddar cheese and Dijon mustard with a few pita chips and hummus
- Dinner- Small portion of steak and a huge serving of kale salad
My workout today was 45 minutes on the elliptical at home, followed by 25 minutes of yoga.
Here are some of my eats from recently:
Delicious kale salads
PB2 Smoothie Bowls- I’m addicted, so good!
If you like the combination of chocolate, peanut butter and banana then you need to check this recipe out pronto.
The lovely Jennifer who blogs over at Sweetly Vegan, turned me on to PB2. It is a peanut butter powder that has 85% of the fat removed. It also comes in a chocolate flavor too. So you are left with a powdered peanut butter than only has around 50 calories for two tablespoons.
Now, I love real peanut butter, but when I’m making a recipe that I just need peanut butter for flavor PB2 is a great substitution. I wouldn’t use it on toast or just to eat plain, but mixed it things (when texture doesn’t come into play), especially smoothies, it is amazing!
PB2 Dark Chocolate Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup almond milk (you can use either plain or vanilla)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp PB2 Dark Chocolate
- 1 frozen banana
- 8 ice cubes
In a blender, add in almond milk, protein powder, PB2, frozen banana and ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t want it as thick, use more almond milk and you can use less ice. If you don’t have PB2, you can sub cocoa powder instead.
If you want it even thicker, you can use more ice and add in another 1/2 banana.
This has been my post workout go to meal. It is so delicious!
- What is your favorite ingredient in a smoothie?
- Have you heard of or tried PB2?