I hope you all had a great weekend. We sure did over here. For some reason I kept thinking Saturday was really Sunday so it was nice to get in an extra weekend day.
We spent the majority of the weekend entertaining ourselves with the baby, she turned two months on Sunday and watched our fair share of basketball. We bet on the games and potentially winning money makes it much more enjoyable to cheer for teams you otherwise don’t care about. Plus, I’m a huge Kansas fan so I have a lot of fun cheering on my former college!
With the tournament on all weekend, we did still make it to the gym for a workout, ran errands, did chores and relaxed. But then it snowed and we were homebound all day on Sunday. It rained then snowed and it is still snowing right now as I type this. This is unusual for Arizona.
Here are my eats from today (Sunday):
- Breakfast- Breakfast sandwich on toast with bacon, spinach, egg, cheese and tomato, coffee with creamer and 1 homemade glass of orange juice (1 orange blended with 2tbsp water and 1/2 cup of ice, so delicious)
- AM Snack- Cinnamon Ice Cream <—Homemade and Healthy, I’ll post the recipe tomorrow!
- Lunch- Ezekiel wrap with turkey breast, cheese, spinach and Dijon mustard
- Snack- Pumpkin seeds and almonds
- Dinner- Salmon, brown rice and sautéed garlic spinach (we planned asparagus but since we’re snowed in we didn’t make it to the grocery store)
Quincy enjoying the snow
Breakfast on Saturday
Sunday dinner, we can’t get enough of this salmon recipe.
Here is a look at my workouts from this past week. I had every intention on getting in five workouts, but when I went to the gym on Friday (the husband was working and was going to watch Cameryn while I worked out) the baby started crying for food immediately when we got there. I tried to rock and sway her back to sleep, but she wasn’t having it. So, away we went and headed home.
So, since I was only able to get in three workouts, that is telling me, I need to plan better. No excuses. Even if I can’t make it into the gym, I should still be doing something at home, even if it is extra cardio for the week or yoga. I know I could have done better. The good news is tomorrow is a new week, and I’m ready for a fresh start!
Monday March 12: Rest Day
Tuesday March 13: 45 minutes on the elliptical at home + core
Wednesday March 14: 45 minutes on the elliptical at home + Yoga
Thursday March 15: Rest Day
Friday March 16: Unplanned Rest Day, should have been intervals, back and biceps)
Saturday March 17: Intervals, Back, Bicep and Triceps <—I’m so sore!
Sunday March 18: Unplanned Rest Day (We got snowed in and honestly I just got lazy.)
*I can’t tell you how much fun I’ve been having running again! It feels so amazing to just run as fast as I can on the treadmill during intervals. Although I haven’t gone above 8mph (my speed has decreased) it has felt so good!
Here is what I plan on getting done this week for workouts:
- Monday- Intervals + Legs and Shoulders (at home midmorning)
- Tuesday- Cardio + Core (at home on elliptical, midmorning at home unless I can get it in before I train)
- Wednesday- Cardio + Yoga (at home midmorning or first thing if I can get it in)
- Thursday- Intervals + Back and Biceps (gym in the afternoon)
- Friday- Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown (at home midmorning)
- Saturday- Intervals + Chest and Triceps (first thing in the morning)
- Sunday- Rest Day or Treadmill Workout in the Gym (first thing in the morning)
*Note, this would be my dream workout schedule for the week. Like I have mentioned before my days revolve around the baby so if I don’t get in all 7 workouts I wont sweat it, but as long as I get in my 2 days of cardio and 3 strength workout days I’ll be a happy trainer! Plus the yoga never really feels like a workout to me because I have so much fun doing it and enjoy it so much!
This upcoming week, here is what our tentative weekly dinner plan looks like:
- Monday- Salad (spring mix, red onion, tomato, bell peppers, gorgonzola) with Chicken Breast
- Tuesday- Turkey Burgers with Kale Salad
- Wednesday- Steak and Asparagus
- Thursday- Salad with Chicken Breast
- Friday- either fish (salmon) or cheese pizza (no meat for Lent)
*Note I don’t have anything planned for Saturday or Sunday because we never know at the beginning of the week what our weekend plans will be.
I’d like my meals to somewhat resemble this during the week:
- Breakfast- Hot lemon water, black coffee, egg sandwich on an Ezekiel English muffin with tomato, spinach and cheese. Plus 1/2 serving of fresh fruit or Spinach, banana, berries or PB2 and almond milk smoothie or Peanut Butter Toast with Cinnamon
- AM Snack- Flaxseed and Chia Seed Drink or Bar
- Lunch- Salad with Chicken Breast or Ezekiel Wrap with Vegetables, Chicken/Turkey and Mustard or Smoothie (if I didn’t have one for breakfast) or Greek yogurt with nut butter, chia seeds and a drizzle of honey
- PM Snack- Nuts/ Vegetables and Hummus
- Dinner- Protein and Vegetable
Following a meal plan like this will be low enough calories for me to hopefully see some changes with my body, high enough in calories though to keep my milk supply high for Cameryn and high enough to give me the energy I need during the day to get everything I need to done.
After I lost all my baby weight but one pound at around 10 days post partum, my weight hasn’t budged ever since. Even though I’ve made attempts to get the number on the scale to go down, nothing happens. No matter if I eat healthy, splurge on pizza or workout during the week, my weight has stayed the same. So I know I need to switch a few things up and be a little bit more strict with my foods. After having Cam, we had company in town for a month and I just kind of got off my regular schedule. These past few weeks have been a lot better than they were, but still not enough for the last pound to drop. I’d also like to lose an additional five pounds as well. Getting back in shape while nursing can be tricky, but you just need to make sure you are getting in at least 1800 calories a day, plus extra if you are burning a lot of calories working out, and increase the calories if you notice your milk supply decreasing.
So, we’ll see what this week brings, but I’m hoping to make some progress! I’ll report back next week with my progress, if any! I think a little self discipline will go a long way!
I’m seeing lots of raw vegetables in my future!
If you didn’t enter my giveaway, enter here!
- What is your favorite go to protein and vegetable meal?
- For those who use Sunwarrior protein, which flavor is your favorite? I think the whey I usually use is making Cameryn not feel the best so I’m switching it up. I ordered the vanilla.
- Are there any other hot lemon water drinkers? Best thing to do first thing in the morning!