Congratulations to the Lash Genius giveaway winner comment #4- Krista! Please email me at TrainerKjirsten@aol.com with your shipping information and I’ll get your package sent out to you!
Today is going to be a busy busy day and I’m excited. I start off my day training two awesome clients at the gym. Then I need to head home and relieve Keith of babysitting duty so he can get to work. Next I need to get to Trader Joe’s, our local organic grocery store New Frontiers, and workout (45 minutes on the elliptical and core). Then it’s time to call and interview celebrity personal trainer Jackie Warner. I received an email last week asking if I would be interested in it and I said yes, of course! She has a new book coming out today and I think she is doing a huge media blitz including talking with some bloggers!
I’m not sure what to ask her so any questions you have, please leave them in the comments section below!
Also, since I’m new to Trader Joe’s (we just had one open in our town) what products do you recommend trying out? I’ve gone twice and it has been so busy I haven’t really had the chance to scope out the store. I also don’t know what I’m looking for. So any product suggestions would be fabulous!!!
Onto my eats from yesterday:
- Breakfast- Clif Monster Bar and coffee with cream (used up the last of it)
- Lunch- Ezekiel English muffin with egg, spinach, salsa and cheese, plus a glass of grapefruit and orange juice made fresh in the vitamix (1 whole grapefruit and orange peeled and cut into fours, 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup ice- blend until smooth)
- PM Snack- 1/2 Ezekiel English muffin (cinnamon raisin) topped with earth balance and cinnamon + a small handful of Sunchips
- Dinner- Salad (spring mix, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cheese and white onion) with chicken breast and homemade dressing (olive oil, balsamic, pepper, salt, minced garlic and Dijon mustard)
*The roads became perfect to drive on one the sun came out so we were able to run some errands and get some food for dinner!
My workout from yesterday- 20 minutes intervals and Legs + Shoulders
*My intervals started off great. They are so much harder to do on the elliptical! I cranked up the resistance and went as hard as I could for a minute. I felt like I was going to pass out (not really) while I was doing them. At 12 minutes in, the baby started crying so I had to take a little break and soothe her before finishing up another 10 minutes of them.
My tips for working out at home are to set everything up you need to make the workout happen. For example I brought a kitchen chair to where our elliptical is and got all the weights ready for me to go. This way I can putz less and just get after it!
Chair for step ups, elliptical for intervals, 10s, 15s & 30s for the workout, cleared hallway for walking lunges and most important a well behaved baby in her beloved swing!
We actually rearranged this room last evening as we bought a new TV for the room. This will help make the time go quicker when I’m doing cardio at home since I’ve been using the elliptical so much.
That’s it for me today! I hope you all have a great Tuesday! Make it terrific, inspire others and be happy! : )
- What is a question you have for celebrity trainer Jackie Warner?
- What are your favorite things to buy at Trader Joe’s?