Cameryn Olivia: Week 12

11 Apr

New updates from this week:

• Responding more to silly faces, voices, songs, noises
  • Smiling at everything  Smile
  • This week, Cameryn was a lot more needy in the middle of the night.  I think she has a hard time settling down for bed.  She needs to learn how to soothe herself to sleep without the need to nurse to sleep (I’m still acting as the human pacifier, she cries otherwise).  She also has been trying to get me to let her nurse through the night.  She will freak out and wake up as soon as I try to stop nursing her as she is asleep.  I now call her the drama queen at night when she does this.
  • She is slowly transitioning her crib in our room from out of our bed.  She actually fell asleep in there on her own the other night while I held her hands.  Once she was asleep it took me about five minutes to move my hands away from her.  Every time I would try to move them she would twitch and I didn’t want her to wake up.  After about 30 minutes of her sleeping in her crib, she woke up crying looking for us.  But hey, it’s a start!  And I’ll take it!
  • She still wont take a bottle, but she did drink about a half ounce earlier today.  Once she realized what she was doing, she stopped and wouldn’t drink from it anymore.  She also still wont take pacifiers either.
  • She has been having playtime every afternoon in her room where we listen to music, such as salsa, and we play with all different toys.
  • She is learning how to sit still for book time.  Usually when I start, she starts rooting (turning in towards me to nurse) and starts crying if I don’t start feeding her.  So, I’ve started to read to her while nursing so she can start her love for books!
  • We’ve been getting her ready for bed around 6-6:30pm (her witching hour) and we try to get her to sleep by 7pm.  This never works as she needs to snuggle with us or cries.  She usually falls asleep by 8pm and then awakes once Keith and I move into the bedroom to fall asleep.  From there it usually takes a while to get her to sleep.  I still think she gets so stimulated from the day and she doesn’t know how to calm herself down to fall asleep on her own so she just turns into a cranky pants.  Keith and I usually take turns walking her around the house until she eventually falls asleep on me while nursing.
  • She is getting bigger and bigger and I just love her personality.  She is goofy, loves to smile and is also very strong willed.  She is also a very determined little girl and usually always end up getting her way (I can’t stand to hear her cry, I still feel like she is too young for us to just let her cry things out).
  • She has been babbling up a storm.  If she likes something she doesn’t stop.  It is so cute to hear her trying to “talk”!  She also really coos and babbles while in her swing, looking at herself in the mirror that is right above her.
  • Cameryn celebrated her first Easter holiday!

All in all, I couldn’t have asked for or dreamt up a better baby.  I wake up smiling, laugh all throughout the day and go to bed dreaming about her coos, babbles and smiles.  She melts my heart and I fall more in love with her every day!

Week 12 Pictures

The bunny I bought on sale yesterday.  Keith pointed out it was pretty ugly and I have to agree.  I didn’t really look at it too closely when I bought it, I just loved how big it was!  So, I took a few pictures of Cameryn with it, since our mall didn’t have the Easter bunny, and then stuck it in her closet.  I’ll probably box it up and pull it out for next Easter!

IMG_7272IMG_7273IMG_7271

IMG_7277

IMG_7150IMG_7347IMG_7350IMG_7324IMG_7306

About these ads

13 Responses to “Cameryn Olivia: Week 12”

1. Rachel Starr April 11, 2012 at 9:55 pm #

just curious if you swaddle Cameryn. it seems to help soothe my kids & signal them for sleep. you might also try letting your husband give her a bottle, while you take the dog for a walk. most often babies won’t want a bottle b/c they can smell momma near by. if you’re out of the house it can help, plus you won’t have to hear her cry!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 12, 2012 at 6:48 am #

She sleeps with her legs swaddled. She can’t stand if her arms are in it too.

On Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, I go into work in the morning for an hour or two and Keith is at home with the baby. He usually tries to feed her while I’m gone, and she doesn’t want the bottle. He keeps trying though because we’re thinking one of these times she is going to get the hang of it and just drink the bottle! I’m so excited for the day she takes and drink the whole bottle!

2. HollieisFueledByLOLZ April 12, 2012 at 10:58 am #

Awe! Too cute. I love baby babble-it always brings warm and fuzzies to my heart. Does that sound weird? I don’t know lol! :-) When I saw the photos on my blog reader, I thought that you had taken her to the mall and that was a person in a bunny suit!

3. sweetlyvegan April 12, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

Adorable pics as always :) Does she ever use her lounging boppy?
    And if you don’t swaddle her arms do you still use the swaddle me type outfits and just leave the arms out? Or do u use blankets or armless sleep sacks?
    I love her little baby jeans and that pink bow headband is adorable! I want more bows now! :) I can not wait for the smiles, laughs, and baby babble! I think that is what makes having a baby so much fun and probably helps get you through those sleepless nights! Do you know about how much Cameryn weighs? Is she in 3 month clothing now? Crazy how fast the time flies… I can’t believe she is already three months old. Wow!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

Thanks!

She uses her boppy lounger to pose for our weekly photos and that’s about it! She used it a few times as a newborn on the couch but since she can roll herself over in it now, we don’t really use it. We use the swaddle me swaddles and I just leave her arms out (so I put it on lower on her). Otherwise she works on getting her hands free and sometimes they end up getting stuck in what looks like painful spots in the swaddle.

Haha, you sound like me wanting more bows and such. I’m addicted to buying her flowers and bows, but the funny thing is I have my favorites and usually use them over and over again! :) I think I bought that pink headband with the mini bow at Target for just a few bucks and the jeans are from old navy. She is starting to outgrow a bunch of her three month clothing, which is crazy to me! I can’t believe she’ll be wearing six month soon! I think the 6 month clothing is for babies 3-6 months, or at least that’s what it seems like, I still get confused with all the sizes. It is crazy how one pair of pants can look small and another look big and they are both 6 months!

All the smiles and coos and worth the sleepless nights, especially when I look at her in the middle of the night and she cracks a big smile at me! It is priceless! I sitll can’t believe I have a baby and that Cameryn is mine!

• morriskr April 13, 2012 at 8:30 am #

Yes, if it says 6 months on clothes that is 3-6 months! I didn’t know that with my first either, they need to make that more clear. So 9m = 6-9m, and 12m = 9-12m etc.
        My 11 week old is getting too big for some of his 0-3m clothes, gosh that was fast!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 13, 2012 at 8:53 am #

Yeah it took me a while too to figure out the sizing. I figured size three would start fitting her once she was three months, but it is the opposite! She will start growing out of them at 3 months!

I’ve been putting Cameryn in her 3 months clothing and can’t believe how they are getting snug on her! I have outfits that I wish she could wear a few more times. I feel like I now dress her in the clothes she is almost grown out of so she can look cute in them one or two last times before I put them in storage.

• morriskr April 30, 2012 at 9:36 am #

It is insane how fast they grow the first year! My 13 week old has been out of size 3 months for about 3 weeks now. I bet in 6-8 weeks he’ll be out of the 6 months size!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 30, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Crazy fast! I plan on washing all C’s six month clothing this week! We were looking back at her newborn pics and it is nuts how big they get so quickly!

4. rissarose80 April 12, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

that giggly, smiling pics are so adorable…can’t believe how quickly she’s growing! and love the bunny pics!

5. Shanna, like Banana April 13, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Oh goodness, such cuteness. How amazing would it be to put her and Sawyer side-by-side. I’d just die!

Love that she’s so smiley now, especially that giggly one in the white dress.

I hope she starts taking a bottle soon so that you can have a bit more freedom. It is really convenient and wonderful. I do agree with a commenter above that if you’re nearby they can smell you. Then again it’s so wonderful to feel so needed ;)

She’s precious K!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 15, 2012 at 7:57 am #

OMG, Cameryn and Sawyer side by side would be uber cute! They both are such cuties!!!

I think we are going to try warming the bottle a bit more to see if she’ll take it then.