Are you superstitious on this day? I used to be, but not anymore! I swear weird things used to happen on this day when I was a kid and I wasn’t a fan. But over the years, I’ve actually grown to kind of enjoy this day!
Today is a busy day in the Conrad house. I got up first thing and crushed out a workout. We’re having friends over for dinner tonight, so today will be filled with house cleaning, laundry, chores, dropping my car off at the dealership for an oil change and maintenance (it is shaking badly when I break, weird?) and then getting everything ready for dinner. I think I’m going to make a few appetizers and a kale salad and then we’ll just pick up food for the main dish from one of our favorite restaurants. That’s how we roll in this house after having a baby! Keeping it simple when we can, although I love cooking for guests, this will just be easier today.
Here are my eats from yesterday:
- Breakfast- Ezekiel English muffin with egg, spinach, salsa and cheese
- AM Snack- Clif Monster bar
- Lunch- Dried mango slices (I munched on these while running errands)
- Dinner- Chicken breast on salad
*I also snacked on some raw almond butter and dark chocolate almonds during the day as well. Yesterday was super busy so I didn’t get a lot of chances to eat so I just grabbed what I could until dinner.
I’m hoping to cook these babies up this weekend and make a delish dish I saw on Sweetly Vegan.
Yesterday I did a plyometric workout with 10 minute bouts of cardio in between them. Here is what my workout looked like. It took me about 60 minutes to complete.
- 10 minutes on the elliptical
- 25 Squat Jumps
- 30 Mountain Climbers
- 15 (each leg) Jumping Lunges
- 30 High Knee Raises
- 30 Push Ups
- 30 Butt Kicks
I repeated this three times and then finished up with 5 more minutes on the elliptical. My heart rate was sky high the entire time and I burned a lot of calories according to my heart rate monitor. I woke up with a sore booty this morning! Loves it!
Well, I’m going to keep this post short and sweet. I just heard the baby’s laundry in the dryer stop so I’m off to put that away before starting my big house clean! Wish me luck!
- Do you clean a little bit more/better when you are having guests over?
- Do you like doing laundry? I don’t mind put it in the machines, but I’m not a fan of putting it away!
- Are you superstitious on Friday the 13th?