Every week I wonder how many more of these I’ll do until I start doing a monthly update and I decided to do them for one whole year, mainly for my own personal reasons. I think they are going to be great to look back on and they will also serve as a fun reference if Keith and I are blessed with a baby number two! Also, since we don’t live by any of our family, I think it is a nice way to update everyone all at once!
So today my little girl turns 16 weeks! Next week she is exactly four months! To think that in another four months she’ll be eating solids, sitting by herself and crawling is mind blowing!
Here are the new developments of the past week:
- Cameryn has no problems going from her back to her sides, but she still can’t get all the way to her belly. I think her belly is literally getting in the way.
- With trying to flip from back to belly comes frustration, it is so hard not to just flip her. I usually let her try until she is on the brink of a major melt down before I flip her. While frustrated, she has been letting out the loudest moans, grunts and cries. They are something that is new and I think she might enjoy letting these noises out.
- Speaking of noises, at night during her feeding, if she pulls off for even a second, she makes what we call itty bitty baby bitch barks. They are these shrill shrieks that she does until she gets latched back on. Or she makes them if I don’t feed her within 1 second of her starting to cry. Such a little drama queen.
- Smiles have become an all the time thing. They take over her whole body and her face gets all scrunched together and her head goes to the side. It it so cute! Probably the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.
- I think she had her first giggle a couple nights ago. While changing her diaper and getting her in her pajamas, she let out this deep giggle that lasted for about five seconds. Usually when she smiles she’ll make a little noise, but nothing like the full blown laugh I heard. I haven’t heard it since and am hoping more are coming!
- She is putting more and more items into her mouth, including her hands again. I’ve made sure to wipe her hands with warm water a lot and also make sure all her toys have been wiped down (I’m a bit of a germ freak).
That’s about it for this week! Here are the weekly photos!