Happy Monday morning to you all!
I’m feeling great today and actually slept really well! I started my day off with a healthy breakfast of an Ezekiel wrap with egg, salsa, cheese and spinach, followed by a glass of homemade orange juice (1 1/2 oranges, ice cubes and water, blend until smooth <—we’re trying to use up the oranges before they go bad). I also had a cup of coffee when I first woke up.
This is a recycled photo, but I had the exact same thing again this morning!
G Series Energy Chews Giveaway- Win a case, 16 packs!
G Series Energy Chews are a pre-game fuel in a convenient form. They are designed to be used prior to training or competition to provide energy from a concentrated blend of carbohydrates to fuel athlete performance.
Last week, I was sent three packs of Gatorade’s G Series Energy Chews. I was excited about this product review and I couldn’t wait to try them out.
I decided to use them before my early morning workouts since I typically workout on an empty stomach. I first tried the fruit punch flavor and it was great. I actually split the pack with my husband and we were both surprised by the texture. It was better then we imagined. I liked that it was chewy but not super chewy, which would make them ideal for eating while running or during an endurance workout. The second flavor I tried was orange, my favorite, it was really good and the third flavor I tried was the cool blue, my least favorite flavor.
I will admit, while they were all good, I’m not the biggest fan of artificial colors and the cool blue color was really really blue…but since I wouldn’t use them on a daily basis I would purchase these for future workouts where I need a little something to keep me going. I would definitely use these if I’m training for a race or during endurance workouts. I’m not a huge gel fan so these would be right up my alley.
I also really like that you can take them out of the cardboard box since they are in a plastic sleeve. They would be easy to bring with during a race or when you’re training.
Here are some fun facts about the chews:
- They come in three flavors: Orange, Fruit Punch and Cool Blue
- They contain 25 grams of carbohydrates to help athletes fuel before training or competition.
- They have 100 calories per pack
- Electrolytes: They contain 85-90 mg sodium (varies by flavor) and 30 mg potassium to help promote electrolyte balance and help athletes retain fluid
- Vitamins: Their a good source of the B vitamins (20% Daily Value)- Niacin(B3), Pantothenic Acid (B5) and Pyridoxine (B6)- that aid in energy metabolism as part of a daily diet.
- You can find G Series Energy Chews nationwide at grocery, convenience, mass, club and drug stores.
- There are 6 chews per pack, which is one serving size
- They retail for about $1.49-$1.99, a good deal!
More about the product:
To help athletes get the most out of their performance, scientists from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) have created the G Series. The line of product is supported by the latest science and developed in collaboration with some of the world’s greatest athletes to provide fuel, fluid and nutrients before, during and after training and competition.
To enter the giveaway to win a case of G Series Energy Chews, tell me which flavor you most want to try.
For additional entries, you can follow my Balanced Healthy Life Facebook page and tweet about this giveaway with a link back to the post. Please leave comments for each different entry.
I’ll pick a winner on Saturday June 9th.
*I was given this product free of charge to review and all opinions are my own.*