Week 22 kicked off with Cameryn’s first airplane ride! I was getting really nervous to fly with her as I have always been that person who got annoyed with other people’s babies cried on the flights I’ve been on. So, I didn’t want to be that mom with the baby who cries three hours nonstop. Luckily I wasn’t that mom. When we first got on the plane, Cameryn cried for about 5-10 minutes and wouldn’t stop. We didn’t know what to do to calm her down, but I knew the cry she was doing was the cry she does before she zonks out for a nap, her overly tired cry. Once she stopped she slept the whole way until we started to descend. She again cried for maybe 3 minutes max and then just played until we landed. On the way back to Arizona, she was the perfect little angel. She didn’t even make one peep. She slept until we were just about to land in Phoenix. On both flights, people told us how great she did flying so that made me really proud of my little babes.
We went to Minnesota to get Cameryn baptized. Since most of our family lives in Minnesota, we decided instead of having everyone fly out to AZ and have to book hotel rooms, we would just come to them. We love going back to MN as that is where Keith and I grew up. It was so fun showing the baby off to our family and friends. Cameryn got to meet her aunts and uncle for the first time, so that was really special!
Her baptism was such a wonderful day. She was once again a perfect little girl and was really into it. Keith and I were very proud parents and she looked so adorable in her baptism gown and then her party dress for after the ceremony.
Other new things during the week:
- Cameryn mastered rolling over from her back to her stomach. In fact, she wont stop!
- She spent her first night in a hotel room in Phoenix
- Her can’t stop smiling, all you need to do is look at her and she cracks a HUGE smile at you
- She is drooling more then ever
- She is making all sorts of cute noises and we have conversations all the time!
- She is getting better at sitting up straight but still isn’t there yet
- She has become so strong. The only way she can sit in her swing anymore is if she is buckled in. Otherwise, she could flip herself out of it. She does this move where she arches her back and flings herself forward.
- This is the first time Keith and I agreed that when we look at her, we can really tell she has had a MAJOR growth spurt this week. She actually looks so much bigger now than she did just a week ago!
- Cameryn loves when you pretend she is an airplane and fly her over your head (while laying down) or hold her on her stomach while walking around. She loves this and can’t get enough of it. She gets so much joy out of it! I think she may be a fan of heights!
Here are week 21 pictures!
My sister, myself, my niece and Cameryn have all worn this same Baptism gown.