While in Minnesota, we attending a friends BBQ. They served us turkey burgers that were really moist and I could tell there were added vegetables into them, which I really enjoyed.
So, on Father’s Day when we wanted to grill burgers we decided to take our friends recipe, put our own spin on it and see how they would turn out.
Well, they turned out amazing!
Let me share our new go to burger recipe with you, I promise you’ll love them as much as Keith and I do!
Healthy Cottage Cheese Turkey Burgers
By Kjirsten Conrad, Balanced Healthy Life
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1lb lean turkey meat
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted banana peppers
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded
- season with pepper, mesquite and lightly with salt to your liking
1. Preheat the grill. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Shape the turkey mixture into four burger patties.
3. Grill for about 4-6 minutes per side, or until the turkey is fully cooked through (add cheese at the last minute you grilling if you want a cheeseburger!)
Serve with whole wheat buns and your favorite burger toppings!
This is an easy to make recipe that is bursting with flavor! Not only are they healthy, but they are filling and delicious! Plus using the cottage cheese helps keep the burgers moist, since lean turkey on it’s own tends to dry out.
You can also get creative with the add in ingredients. For example swapping out the bell peppers for jalapenos and the parmesan cheese for pepper jack! This is a good base recipe!
I know what I’m grilling this weekend!
- What do you like to top your burgers with? I love avocado and mustard!