I took a nap with the baby today for a whole two hours and it felt so amazing!!! I loved every single second of it. Normally it is really hard for me to take a nap, but within minutes, I was out!
When I went into the gym this morning, I wasn’t really feeling my workout. It just felt really hard to me for some reason today. I wasn’t sure if it was because I eat breakfast about 30 minutes prior to my workout as well as take my vitamins, or if it was because I forgot my heart rate monitor and iPod at home. No music = no bueno! I forged through anyways and I think I’ll be sore tomorrow.
The real reason was probably because I’m not sleeping well so that is where the afternoon nap came in!
Anyways, on to my nightly recap of my day!
Today’s workout was 20 minutes of intervals and then I lifted my legs, triceps and pecs. I was thinking about changing up my strength days, but haven’t really put much thought into it yet, so I just did my normal routine.
Like I mentioned above, my workout just seemed really challenging today for some reason. But I’m happy I pushed though it as I was feeling amazing when it was over!
Monday- 45 minutes cardio + core (at home) Tuesday- 45 minutes cardio + core (at home) Wednesday- Plyometric workout (at home) Thursday- Intervals + legs, pecs and triceps (gym)
- Friday- 45 minutes cardio (at home)
- Saturday- Intervals + back, biceps and shoulders
Four down, only two to go!
Not the best picture but the only one I took!
- Breakfast- Coffee, Ezekiel English wrap with egg, cheese, spinach and salsa
- AM Snack- Kind bar <—one of my new favorite bars!
- Lunch- Banana spinach PB2 smoothie (1 1/4 cups almond milk, 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 1/2 frozen banana, 3/4 cup ice, 2 tbsp. PB2, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder) <—I had forgot about this smoothie and can’t believe I haven’t had it in so long!
- PM Snack- 2 scoops of raw almond butter, crackers and cheddar cheese
- Dinner- Caesar baked salmon (I forgot the panko, darn it!), sautéed spinach and brown rice. I also enjoyed about two sips of wine, but then the baby woke up so I decided I couldn’t have it because I would be feeding the baby soon!
Lots of spinach for us tonight!
This was my small pour, and I only was able to drink a few sips. Since Cameryn still isn’t fond of bottles I need to make sure I’m able to feed her at basically any time.
My favorite salmon ever! Even with the missing panko it was still great! I actually didn’t realize I forgot to add in until Keith mentioned it. I still like it with a little panko on top the best though!
Quincy had to help me finish dinner, I got so full! We put him on a sit and stay so he has to wait until we say it’s okay for him to eat his treat. He is so cute because he wont look at the food and hold his nose high, I think so he wont smell it as much! I love that dog! Right after I took the picture he dove right in, he couldn’t wait for us to tell him to eat it, salmon is one of his favorites after all!
If you didn’t see my awesome recipe for turkey burgers, check it out! There is a secret ingredient that keeps them nice and moist!
Have a great night!
- Have you even taken a photo of yourself in the gym with other around? I felt a little weird taking the workout pic, but did it anyways!