Happy Fourth of July! <—Note, I’m publishing this post just a few days late!
Today my sweet little princess turns 24 weeks! I can’t believe in just a few short weeks, she’ll hit the 6 month mark! How is my baby almost a half year old already?
New things this week:
- She loves blowing raspberries and making noise while doing them. She sticks out her tongue and then blows and it is SO cute!
- She is still going to bed early around 6:30-7pm and it is great!
- She is becoming less and less fussy in the evening.
- She enjoys when I blow bubbles at her and Quincy during bath time, although the dog is afraid of the bubbles!
- She loves splashing during bath time loves making the water go outside of the tub.
- Cameryn is still working on perfecting sitting up. She can do it, but still can’t hold her body totally in the upright position.
- Cameryn is still loving her Rainforest Jumperoo, she thinks it is so much fun and jumps and jumps. She likes it best when we are looking at her and then she gets super excited, smiles and jumps as hard as she can to show off!
- We’ve been practicing getting her to crawl. I’ll sit a few feet in front of her with a toy and try and get her to come to be, but so far she hasn’t been able to figure it out.
- Teething this week seems to be not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. She was constantly rubbing her mouth, tugging her ears and was just super crabby unless she was chewing on a finger or a teething toy from the freezer. This week, she really hasn’t had many teething signs except for drooling, which is out of control at this point!
- I can tell she is getting really ready for solids and I’m getting antsy to start feeding her.
- We ordered this high chair and it should arrive here at any time. I think before her six month birthday, I’m going to introduce the spoons and eating to her by trying to feed her little spoonful’s of milk. I’m not sure what will happen but it will be fun! I saw it on some website I was reading on how to prepare your baby for solids.
I’ve loved this high chair since we made our registry for Cameryn last year. I would love it in pink for her, but I’m trying not to buy any bigger items in gender specific colors in case we have a boy next. I wouldn’t want him using all her pink items and I also don’t want to spend extra money and rebuy items we already have. So I’ve been buying items in lime green, which is one of my favorite colors actually!
- We also ordered these for Cameryn and I can’t wait to start making her baby food. The doctor was pretty strict on telling us to only use organic fruits, vegetables and meats but that wont be a problem since we only eat organic fruits and vegetables. I’m really excited to try and make all her food, but I’m sure there will be some store bought when we’re all getting used to Cameryn eating solids.
- I also ordered this cookbook Cooking for Baby. I can’t wait to read the recipes and try them out! Can you tell how excited I am to start solids with Cam?
I think that is it from this week!
Week 24 Pictures:
- Do you have any items you suggest having for the start of introducing solids?
- What are/were your kids favorite foods/combination when starting solids?
- Any tips I should know that you wished someone had told you before starting solids with your children?