Happy Friday! We’ve made it to the weekend once again. Yay!
Today has been a great Friday morning so far. The baby woke us up around 5:10 this morning and I was able to have a relaxing morning. I drank coffee, checked emails and watched a little news for the first time in while. I tend not to watch the news as it is just so depressing and I don’t need all that negativity in my day.
But, with that being said I want to acknowledge the horrible and unjust events that happened in Colorado. I’m sending all my love and prayers to the victims and their family and friends. What a disgusting act by a sick individual. It honestly just sickens me to think about it…
I am so so sore! I ran intervals yesterday for 20 minutes followed by lifting my pecs, triceps and legs. I did walking lunges and I normally do three sets, but yesterday I challenged myself and did six sets and towards the end I could already feel that my butt was sore. Sure enough this morning I woke up and can hardly sit it hurts so bad. In addition to my glutes being sore, my quads are also extremely sore. My triceps got sore as did my pecs, but in a good sore type of way!
I was planning on doing yesterday’s workout of the week, interval and plyometric workout today but that didn’t happen. When I tried to do one jumping lunge, I was in pain so I knew doing 50 followed by 50 jumping squats and intervals wasn’t in my cards today. I’ll probably try and get it in on Monday, or maybe Sunday if I’m feeling ultra motivated and my soreness has subsided a bit. So today I just did 45 minutes on the elliptical. It was warm in our house so I got in a really good sweat and I followed the cardio with some stretching. Since I haven’t been doing my yoga, I can really tell a difference in my body. I’m making a mental note to start it back up again, even if it is just twice a week for 15 minutes!
Yesterday I ate healthy, here is my breakdown:
- Breakfast- Decaf coffee + 1/2 Ezekiel English muffin with egg, spinach, cheese and salsa
- AM Snack- Clif Mojo bar (post workout) + 1/2 Ezekiel English muffin with peanut butter and fig butter (about an hour after I had my bar, I was starving after my workout yesterday)
- Lunch- Spinach PB2 smoothie bowl
- PM Snack- Eggplant hummus and Amy’s pita chips
- Dinner- Salad with spring mix, cucumber, green bell pepper, chicken, red onion, cherry tomatoes and gorgonzola cheese
My one eat picture from yesterday
Here are my eats from today so far:
- Breakfast- Decaf coffee + Ezekiel English muffin with egg, spinach, tomatoes and cheese
- AM Snack- Clif Mojo bar (pre workout) + 1 scoop peanut butter (post workout)
- Lunch- Spinach PB2 smoothie bowl <—I haven’t had this yet, but this is what I’m planning on
I’m not sure what we’ll do for dinner. I took out some ground turkey breast for turkey burgers either tonight or tomorrow night. Since I want to lose 5lbs, I’m going to be a lot more cautious with my weekend eats. Typically I eat pretty similar to how I do during the week, but there are definitely more splurges (glass of wine) and sweet treats that get consumed. Until I reach my weight goal I’m going to try and just stick with what I know works for my body. I don’t like the thought of working hard all week only to splurge too much over the weekend so all my hard work is out the window.
Yesterday I did something kind of drastic and spur of the moment. I went in to get my hair colored and cut and when my stylist went to trim my long hair I told her I wanted it cut off so it is shoulder length.
Once she started cutting it, I immediately felt the dread and regret filling my body. This always happens to me, I make rash decisions with my hair and then later regret it. I think it looks good, but I just feel better with long hair and I love it a lot more. I had been contemplating doing this for about a month since my hair had gotten so dry from the AZ weather, so long and has been falling out due to post pregnancy hormones. I was thinking I’d get it chopped and then really take care of it so when it regrows out it will be in great condition.
Anyway here is what it looks like:
Well that’s it for me! I’m waiting for the TV fix it guy to come back over, her fixed out TV, but now the sound doesn’t work.
I hope you guys have a great weekend and I’ll see you back here tomorrow!
- Do you like long hair or short hair?
- Do you ever make any quick decision when it comes to your hair?
- Do you typically eat more over the weekends of stick with how you eat during the week?