I just got home from the gym and drank my hot lemon water as well as a cup of black coffee. Pb toast is on its way! I will also have my flax, chia and cranberry drink before I head out the door to work! : )
This morning at the gym, I had a great workout. Here is what I did today:
20 minutes running intervals (running at 8.0-8.6 and walking at 4.0)
Then I moved on to my strength training. Today was back and bicep day. My back workout was good, but I will admit, I hate lifting my biceps and didn’t put my whole heart into lifting them. I already feel bad, because I am so motivated to look the best I can when we go to Mexico in 5 weeks. I think at work today or when I get home from work I am going to spend an additional 10 minutes working them to make sure they will be sore tomorrow. : )
Here is exactly what I did for my strength today. All exercises we 3 – 4 sets.
- Straight Bar Pull Down on Cable Machine- 70lbs (10-15 reps)
- Straight Bar Row on Cable Machine- 70lbs (10-15 reps)
- One Arm Rows on Bench- 15lb dumbbell (10-15 reps)
- Back Extension- 10lb weight plate (15 reps)
- Lat Pull Down- 65lbs (10 reps)
- Seated Curls- 10lbs (15 reps)
- Standing Alt. Curls- 10lbs (15 reps)
- Reverse Curls- 5lbs (15 reps) *only 2 sets
- Hammer Curls- 10lbs (15 reps) *only 2 sets
- Cable Curls- 30 & 40lbs (10 reps) * only 2 sets
I ran out of time, so I had to rush a few exercises, that’s the reason I was only able to get in a few sets of the last three.
I did wear my new love: Polar Heart Rate Monitor and this is what I found out about my workout:
- Time: 1:00:04
- Calories: 523 (30% fat)
- Max Heart Rate: 197 (102%)
- Average Heart Rate: 161 (83%)
I was hoping to get my average heart rate up higher than 83%, but this is just added motivation for my next strength workout.
Does anyone else run intervals, if so do you like them and have you noticed a change in your body or running performances?
That’s it for now, I need to get to work! I have a crazy busy morning today!