Back at it in the Gym

13 Oct

I could hardly wait for the morning to come.  I was ready for a kick butt workout in the gym.  My body was craving it and so was my mind.  In the gym today, I ran 20 minutes of intervals and lifted my pecs and triceps.

Here is what I did for my intervals as far as speed goes.  I am coming off a hip and back tweak so I didn’t run faster than 9.0 (I usually never run faster than 10.0):

• 0-1 minutes:  4.0
  • 15-16 minutes:  8.0
  • 16-17 minutes:  4.0
  • 17-18 minutes:  9.0
  • 18-19 minutes:  4.0
  • 19-20 minutes:  8.6
  • 20-21 minutes:  4.0

After the intervals were over I did my strength workout.  I kept the exercises limited and really focused on going slow.  By the end of my workout my pecs and tris were shaking uncontrollably and basically still are.

Pecs

• Chest Press- 25lbs 12 reps and 4 sets
  • Pec Fly- 15lbs 15-10 reps and 4 sets

Triceps

• Triceps Pull Down on Cables- 40-50lbs 10 reps and 4 sets
  • French Press- 10lbs 10 reps and 4 sets
  • 1 Arm Extension- 10lbs 10 reps and 4 sets
  • Bench Dips- Failure 2 sets

Here are my heart rate stats:

• Time:  00:58:26
  • Calories:  434 (35% fat)
  • Max Heart Rate:  199bpm (103% max)
  • Average Heart Rate:  146bpm (76% max)

Since I took the strength training slow today, I had a lower overall calorie count and also average heart rate.  My after burn should be significantly higher though.  I think I am going to change my workout routine slightly and I’ll post it on here once I make the changes.

Okay, on to other things.  Last night watching Glee I had dessert.  I had a bowl of apple crisp topped with homemade pumpkin butter, it was so good!

Breakfast today is a cup of hot lemon water, one cup of black coffee and 2 eggs with one slice of dry Ezekiel Low Sodium 4:9 bread.  Yum!  Finally a change in breakfast!  Before I head off to work, I’ll have a flaxseed and chia seed drink.

Morning Meditation

Motivation for Today:  Mexico (it will probably be my motivation for the next 24 days!)

Three Things I am Thankful for Today:  1-   The miners getting rescued 2-  That is Fall 3-  My Mom comes to Arizona tomorrow (I can’t wait!)  : )

My Goal for the Day:  Get all my work done today, which is a lot.  Clean the house for my Mom’s visit and do a pilates DVD tonight when I get home to relax!

Motivational Quote of the Day:  The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.  -Elbert Hubbard

What are you doing for a workout today?

12 Responses to “Back at it in the Gym”

1. Jenny October 13, 2010 at 5:37 pm #

Just found your blog! Looks great : )
    Good idea putting pumpkin butter on top of apple crisp!

• Balanced Healthy Life October 13, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

Thanks! If you haven’t tried pumpkin butter on apple crisp I high reccomend it! : )

2. fittingbackin October 13, 2010 at 6:38 pm #

Thanks for your sweet post!! Mexico? I want that to look forward to! So fun that your mom’s coming to town – hope you guys have a blast!

3. rc1001 October 13, 2010 at 9:35 pm #

Nice looking workout!! Didn’t make time for a workout today, but plan on htiting the gym tomorrow!

4. Angela October 13, 2010 at 9:56 pm #

yay for mexico!! my motivation is New Zealand in 2 weeks time. not that i’ll be on the beach, but guaranteed there will be plenty of food and wine.:)

awesome quote, btw, thanks for sharing!

• Balanced Healthy Life October 13, 2010 at 10:43 pm #

plenty of food and wine is def. motivation! I am glad you liked the quote! I love motivational quotes!

5. Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) October 14, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

Just found your blog… I look forward to reading more! 🙂 Mexico sounds like excellent motivation!

The only exercise I’ll fit in today is shopping with my mom-in-law for house decor… & I like that kind of exercise!

• Balanced Healthy Life October 14, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

Glad you found it! Mexico and bikinis are indeed excellent motivation! : ) I love shopping as well and especially for house decor, that’s my weakness!

6. kbwood October 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm #

i LOVE pumpkin butter these days!!!
    I am catching up on your blog girl!! 🙂

• Balanced Healthy Life October 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm #

So do I! I can’t get enough of it! I’m so happy its fall and pumpkin is everywhere! Thanks for stopping by!