2 Mile Fun Walk

16 Oct

Good morning!  Yesterday was so much fun!  It was the first full day my Mom was in Arizona, and we had a three person party (Mom, the Husband and I)!  : )

We went on errands in the morning so we ended up having a late lunch.  Here is what we munched on for lunch!

Shrimp Cocktail

Chips and Salsa

Veggies!

Wings

Group Shot

and we decided since it was 3pm, it was a good idea to get into the wine!  : )

While out running errands, my Mom and I picked out some orange tulips (my favorite flower) and mini pumpkins!

I had never seen these before- their so cool!

We sat around reading all the new gossip magazines (can I say addicting!) and watched Jersey Shore and a few innings of a baseball game.  It was a fun night!  For dinner, we were all too lazy (and a little loopy) to make dinner so we ordered Chinese delivery!  We got Moo Shoo Chicken, Chicken Chop Suey and Beef Kung Pao and sampled a little bit of everything.

My only picture- Fortune Cookies!  : )

This morning we are all getting ready for a 2 mile fun walk.  The race is sponsored by the Prescott Fire Fighters.  They have a 10k, 5k and a 2 mile fun walk.  We decided last minute to do the race.  With my Mom in town we are sticking with the 2 mile walk.  It should be fun!  After all the wine we drank yesterday (whoops!) I am happy I’m not running the 10k or 5k!

Now onto Morning Meditation  : )

Motivation for the Day:  Mexico (I want to look hot in my bikini!)

3 Things I am Thankful for Today:  1-  Good weather for the fire fighter fundraiser 2- 2 mile fun run for charity I get to participate in  3-  waking up feeling surprisingly good after have a few glasses of wine last night!  : )

Goals for Today-  Get in lots of physical activity.  My legs are so sore from yesterday and the more I move the better they will feel.  Also, eat lots of veggies!

Motivational Quote of the Day:  The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.  -Frank Loyd Wright

What are your plans for the day?  Is anyone running a race or training for one?  Does anyone have company visiting them?

8 Responses to “2 Mile Fun Walk”

1. cleaneatingchelsey October 16, 2010 at 6:02 pm #

Did you get those pumpkin stalks from TJ’s? I saw them there today!! Have a good weekend with your mom in town!

• Balanced Healthy Life October 16, 2010 at 6:38 pm #

I didn’t get them at TJ’s. We don’t have one near us, I got them at Safeway. I think they are so cute and great for fall decorations!

2. Maren October 16, 2010 at 9:00 pm #

Those pumpkins are the coolest, and you seriously have me craving some moo shu veggie!

3. Lily @ Lily's Health Pad October 16, 2010 at 10:11 pm #

Yay, I love mom visits! 🙂

Those tulips are gorgeous!

I used to be more of a runner, but I’m trying to get back into it. I’m definitely considering a race, but I’m not sure what distance yet…

• Balanced Healthy Life October 17, 2010 at 3:08 pm #

They are beautiful! Its always nice to start with a shorter distance race and then build up. I am thinking about doing the Sedona 1/2 in Feb and then possibly, I just started playing with the idea a week ago, the San Diego marathon in June.

4. Angela October 17, 2010 at 3:17 am #

have fun at your race! i think i’ll be getting in a good 8-10ks this afternoon, well deserved after the weekend of ingulgences i’ve had. sigh…

btw, what kind of wine are you drinking? just curious, i’m always up for suggestions. if you ever have any questons about Australian vino, let’s just say i’m your girl. 🙂

• Balanced Healthy Life October 17, 2010 at 3:07 pm #

We feel like we’ve been over indulging as well. Its hard not to when parents are in town. We just aren’t used to having them come back to back!

For white wine, I really like Chateau Saint Michelle Chard and for red, we are really loving Gnarly Head Zin and also Ravenswood Zin and Kirkland Brand (Costco) Meritage, which is a blend of reds. Cheers!