Morning Workout

24 Oct

I just got done from my morning workout.  I did 20 minutes of intervals and 45 minutes of strength.  Here are my workout stats:

• Time:  1:06:01
  • Calories:  551 (40% fat)
  • Max Heart Rate:  190bpm (98% max)
  • Average Heart Rate:  155bpm (80% max)

After the WO, I headed up to the store to buy some Knudsen’s Pure Cranberry Juice.  I was starving, so I grabbed a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Lara Bar to tide me over.  It was so great!  I love that it only had 2 ingredients, so awesome!  When I got home I had a organic gala apple as well.

Here is the Abs workout I did the other night  It took me a little over 15 minutes to complete.

• Plank
  • Straight Arm Plank
  • Side Plank with 5 lifts at the end

Repeat 3-4 times holding the poses as long as you can

• Reverse Crunch
  • Mini Crunches (bringing the shoulders to the ceiling)
  • Holding Crunch with Leg Lifts
  • Russian Twist
  • Pilates 100 (holding for 30seconds- 1 minute)

Repeat 3-4 times doing 15-25 reps for each exercise (or more if desired)

This afternoon will be filled with laundry, football, pilates and possibly carving pumpkins!   : )

Have you ever had a Larabar?  Which flavor is your favorite?

15 Responses to “Morning Workout”

1. Stefanie October 24, 2010 at 9:28 pm #

I eat a larabar pretty much every single day! I love the chocolate chip cookie dough, coconut cream pie, and tropical fruit tart. But they’re all good! 🙂

• Balanced Healthy Life October 24, 2010 at 10:19 pm #

I’ve haven’t tried to coconut cream pie or tropical fruit tart yet. I will def. have to pick those flavors up and give them a go! : )

2. Jess October 25, 2010 at 4:30 am #

I love larabars…. peanut butter cookie is my fav 🙂

3. Jamie @ Food in Real Life October 25, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

I still have yet to find these new interesting larabar flavors! I like cherry pie, but I’m not crazy about them. I think I OD’d on them a while ago. Nice workout!

4. Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 25, 2010 at 3:57 pm #

I love intervals! And many of those are my favorite ab moves. You have me hankering for a good workout. 😀

5. Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) October 25, 2010 at 4:00 pm #

I’ve never tried a LaraBar. I think I might be the only one 🙂

6. jsutera654 October 25, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

Um, YUM! I haven’t found the chocolate chip cookie dough lara bar yet and now I’m drooling just thinking about it!! I love the apple pie, lemon and coconut varieties, but really you can’t go wrong with any lara bar if you ask me 🙂 Great ab workout btw!

7. Michelle October 25, 2010 at 7:54 pm #

One of my favorite Larabar flavors is the Tropical Fruit Tart.

8. cbrady3 October 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm #

I haven’t gotten to try the new flavors, but from the regulars my favorite is either PB&J or Cashew Cookie!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Back and Ready to Rock! « Balanced Healthy Life - May 3, 2011

[…] you are looking for a good core workout, check out my post on an ab workout here.  This is usually what I follow and perform it about 3 times a week if I remember.  : […]