Quesadilla

25 Oct

Hey guys, I’ve had a busy past day and have lots of meals and snacks to share with you!  Today is my rest day for working out so I have nothing new to report.  I plan on doing yoga tonight and will update you with that later!  : )

Yesterday’s lunch/pm snack-  Broiled pita with shredded chicken and hummus.  The Husband and I snacked on this together!

For the football game we decided to make quesadillas.  Here is what we stuffed the tortillas with-  red onion, spring mix, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and shredded chicken.

First chop the vegetables

Into the pan they go to start cooking

Next, I cut an avocado

We added the chicken into the veggie mix and the Husband started cooing tortillas

Once the tortillas were cooked it was time to stuff them with the goods.  Cheese, veggie and chicken mixture and lastly, spring mix

They are now ready for the skillet.  Cook until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted.

Cut into triangles

Serve with salsa, avocado and your favorite beverage!  We choose red wine!

Enjoy!

They are filling and we made way too many.  Both the Husband and I had 2 triangles or 1 whole tortilla.  So plan accordingly!  : )

This morning for breakfast I had a blueberry Chobani and a piece of peanut butter toast.  Around lunch, I had a few of the Husband’s Alexis brand onion rings that were baked in the oven.

What is your favorite Mexican food?  What do you like in your quesadillas?

10 Responses to “Quesadilla”

1. jsutera654 October 25, 2010 at 9:29 pm #

OMG that looks freakin’ unbelievably delish!! I LOVE avacados and anything mexican, this is definitely one I’ll be trying soon. YUMMMY! Must’ve hit the spot with a glass of wine, too. Geez, can you tell I’m reading this at the end of the day and I’m starving?!?!?

2. Michelle October 25, 2010 at 11:37 pm #

I love quesadillas with a ton of veggies! And some cheese too. 😉

3. Jess October 26, 2010 at 12:43 am #

My favorite Mexican food is definitely fajitas! But quesadillas are a close second.

4. Erica October 26, 2010 at 2:23 am #

Quesadillas are such a great, easy, delicious dinner! Yours look very tasty- especially with the avocado on top. When I go out to Mexican restaurants- I always get the vegetable fajitas without the tortillas. Super tasty!

• Balanced Healthy Life October 26, 2010 at 6:25 pm #

I love veggie fajitas too! We make something called a taco / fajita bowl and basically use all the toppings but skip the tortilla! They are so good!

5. megan @ whatmegansmaking October 26, 2010 at 9:37 am #

Those quesadillas look awesome. That’s one of my favorite meals that i don’t have nearly often enough 🙂