Sleeping in…Life’s Little Joys

29 Oct

Happy Fantastic Friday!

This morning the alarm went off as usual at 4:50am.  After the Husband pressed the snooze button too many times to remember, I slowly dragged myself out of bed and put on my workout clothes.  The Husband and I were jokingly talking about how we were wishing and praying Adam (the H’s early morning workout partner) would text us that he was feeling sick, overslept or didn’t sleep well and was going to miss the workout (which means we can sleep in!!!!!), anything so that we could stay in bed.  As I was just about to brush my teeth the H informed me that Adam was going to skip today!  I couldn’t believe my ears.  I think I even shouted “There is a God!  Thank you Father”!  I was back in bed faster then my legs could carry me.  Once back in bed, the excitement of sleeping in took over the Husband and I, and we were giddy.  Needless to say, sleeping in this morning meant getting up and drinking coffee leisurely.  Friday’s are my early morning work days, so it feels great to have extra time and not be rushed!  The workout will have to be made up later today at work!

This morning’s breakfast was hot lemon water, black coffee and peanut butter toast.  I was feeling ultra creative with breakfast today!  : )

Tonight I am getting together with a girlfriend (Adam’s wife) to have a little Sex and the City II girls night!  I haven’t seen it yet, and can’t wait.  I heard it’s not as good as the first movie, but I am still excited!  I am going to make some shrimp lettuce wraps to bring over for a snack and a bottle of red wine.  I am also trying to think of one other appetizer to bring that is both easy and healthy.  Any ideas or favorite go to apps?

source

Morning Meditation

Motivation for the Day:  Mexico!!!!!

Puerto Vallarta April 2009.  I could seriously live in PV.  My family has been going there for over 10 years and I honestly think it’s my favorite places ever!

IMG_0125

Sunset

IMG_0345

IMG_0380

We love getting crepes on the boardwalk in Mexico.  Chocolate, baileys and caramel- a fantasy of flavors for the mouth!

IMG_0277

The view from the pool

IMG_0301

Three Things I am Thankful for Today:  1-  Working where I work.  I love having flexibility and freedom with my job  2-  Spending time with friends this evening  3-Sleeping in on a Friday.  Life is awesome!  : )

Goals for the Day:  Be as productive as I can be with my time, I have a lot to get done today.  Don’t procrastinate and just get things checked off the list!

Motivational Quote of the Day:  Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.   – Buddha

What are your favorite go to healthy appetizers?  Are you a fan of the Sex and the City franchise?

9 Responses to “Sleeping in…Life’s Little Joys”

1. malpaz October 29, 2010 at 7:32 am #

AVOCADO DEVILED EGGS are a good healthy appetizer…maybe beef taco dip? i eat full primal and reading your blog you seem rather low-everything advocate. have you ever looked into paleo?

• Balanced Healthy Life October 29, 2010 at 7:39 am #

Avacado deviled eggs sound great! Thanks for the idea! What’s full primal and paleo?

2. Stefanie October 29, 2010 at 8:15 am #

Doesn’t sleeping in/leisurely drinking coffee just start your day out on the right foot?!

For healthy apps, a Greek Yogurt veggie dip (dill, spices) with veggies is always good!

Puerto Vallarta is so beautiful! It’s my favorite city in Mexico, of those I’ve visited!

Have a great day! 🙂

3. Jessica@tastyandtrim October 29, 2010 at 9:08 am #

I still have to see the second Sex and the City movie – I loved the first and the series! One of my favorite healthy appetizers is layered fiesta dip. I take lowfat cream cheese and layer it with refried beans, guacamole, salsa, and lowfat shredded cheese. It always gets completely devoured whenever I make it 🙂

4. Shanna, like Banana October 29, 2010 at 10:28 am #

OMG! What hotel were you at in PV in April 2009? My hubby and I went there for our honeymoon April 20-28 and stayed at the Dreams and LOVED it!

SATC is the best show ever 😉

• Balanced Healthy Life October 29, 2010 at 10:33 am #

We were there the 18th-25, right after we got engaged! We stayed in the marina! I haven’t been inside Dreams, but it looks so amazing from the outside! : )

• Shanna, like Banana October 29, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

Holy moly we probably crossed paths. We really loved Dreams…we had our own private beach (for the hotel that is)

5. Erica October 29, 2010 at 12:33 pm #

An unexpected break is always wonderful. Hope you enjoyed your AM! I like making homemade hummus with veggies to dip. That or white or black bean dip. My favorite homemade hummus comes from the broccoli hut: http://thebroccolihut.com/recipe-artichoke-hummus/. And white bean dip: http://itzyskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/04/chips-dips-apple-crisp-weekend.html (excuse the pictures in this old old post)

6. GetHealthyWithHeather October 29, 2010 at 1:14 pm #

I haven’t seen Sex and the City II either yet but will hopefully soon. It’s on my Netflix queue 🙂

I always like kale chips (http://gethealthywithheather.wordpress.com/recipes/kale-chips/) or zucchini cakes (http://gethealthywithheather.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/zucchini-cakes/) with tzatziki sauce (http://gethealthywithheather.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/simple-tangy-tzatziki-sauce/).

Both are always hits. Have fun!