Big News

24 Nov

I have a big announcement to make!  While in Mexico, the Husband and I became parents!  That’s right, we are the proud parents of this little fellow, Quincy.  He was born on Saturday November 13 and is about a week and a half old.  He is an Australian Shepherd.

Meet Quincy…

First picture only hours after being born.  We saw that face and had to have him!

1/2 a week old

Happy he didn’t get his tail docked.  I swear he is already smiling!  : )

Week and 1/2 old

I grew up with a dog and cat, but haven’t had any animals in years.  So, getting Quincy is a big deal for me!  We get to visit him on the ranch at 4 weeks, which will be sometime around December 11th, and then pick him up to take him home at 7 weeks- New Years!  : )

Does anyone have any good puppy advice?  Any good training techniques you swear by?  Any recommendations on natural puppy food?

9 Responses to “Big News”

1. jsutera654 November 24, 2010 at 7:56 am #

OMGGGGG! SO CUTE!!!!!! Congrats to “parenthood” hehe

2. Vix November 24, 2010 at 9:34 am #

So cute! Question though, why get a dog in Mexico when you can adopt from a local shelter?

3. ihearteggs November 24, 2010 at 11:00 am #

Adorable! I have zero puppy advice since I’m a cat lady but.. yeah, so sweet!

• Balanced Healthy Life November 25, 2010 at 9:09 am #

I love cats too and would love to have one but the Husband says he is “allergic”!

4. Ashley November 24, 2010 at 1:52 pm #

omg, he is precious! In terms of advice I’d say (after having owned a few dogs in my day) that puppy insurance is soooo worth the money! I don’t keep pet insurance forever (e.g., my 5 year old pup no longer has insurance), but as puppies there’s ALWAYS going to be some kind of “emergency” – either they get into something they shouldn’t and get sick, or they have “mystery” illnesses seemingly out of nowhere, etc. Whatever the case, I’ve always found that I end up going to the vet in the pup’s first year of life for something that ends up costing LOTS of $$$. Might be something you want to look into.

• Balanced Healthy Life November 25, 2010 at 9:10 am #

Thanks for the advice! I have never heard of pet insurance! I’ll def. look into that!

5. Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life December 2, 2010 at 8:03 pm #

Ahhh! I love dogs! I even recently wrote a whole post just on a puppy I pet sat, haha. Animals are amazing!