Christmas Fashion

30 Nov

With the holiday season in full force, it is time to find some cute holiday party outfits!  I would describe my style as elegantly thrown together.  I don’t like to look to picture perfect all the time, I like to put my own twist of everything.  If I wear a polished outfit, I might keep my hair a bit more messy.  If I have my hair pulled back into a bun, I might wear an outfit that is a little bit more baggy in nature!  Here are a few of my fashion rules for the holidays.

#1-  Never splurge on an in-season fabric pattern that will be out by spring (you wear in once, possibly twice and then it is out of season/style)   I found this dress on Bloomingdales.com.  You can look at it here.  No matter what you wear this dress to, it will be remembered.  Making this dress have a very little shelf life.  You can’t show up to multiple parties and holiday gatherings wearing a pattern like this!  Everyone will remember, trust me!

Catherine Malandrino Drape Neck Print Dress

#2-  Splurge on basics like the little black dress in a timeless silhouette, you can wear it for many seasons and even wear it to more then one event each holiday season  . I found this one here for a steal at only $158!  This dress is perfect to make your own by adding accessories!

Here is another LBD I love for this holiday season!  Just think of all the ways to change the look by changing up your accessories!!!  I am just imagining the possibilities!!!  But for an investment, you might only get to wear this one season because of the one shoulder silhouette.  So make your fashion investments wisely!

Aidan Mattox Draped One Shoulder Stretch Satin Dress

#3-  accessories, accessories, accessories!  They are your best friend, they can take the LBD or any outfit for that matter, and change your whole look in an instant.

I am the queen of accessories, and right now I am loving extra large earrings and also I am a HUGE fan of cocktail rings!  Before I left for Mexico I splurged and stocked up on fun costume jewelry!  Here are a few finds I just recently discovered.

This necklace would look awesome with a LBD and a pair of gold heels.

Catherine Stein Crystal Bib Necklace, 17.5"

I am also loving the look of this bracelet.  You only need simple gold earrings (if at all) and some heels to complete a holiday look with this!

Aqua Crystal Stretch Bracelet

These earrings will bring holiday cheer to anyone who wears them!  I would pair these with a LBS, skinny gold belt cinching the waist and a pair of black or gold heels!  Perfection!

kate spade new york "Crystal Cascade" Earrings

Finally for a ring, I love this ring!  I think the bolder and bigger they are, the better!  This ring is relatively cheap at only $25 bucks and comes in three different colors!  I love the black and white the best (not shown in brown).

Aqua Pearl Sunburst Ring

Aqua Pearl Sunburst Ring

Remember these are just ideas!  You can always find items that look like these at different stores and for less!  Don’t forget to add a cute clutch to finish off you outfit in a neutral color!  It’s winter, no one needs to be carrying around spring colored clutches (just my opinion)!  : )

#4-  I think a good splurge on a pair of sexy shoes is totally worth it.  Check out these I found at barneys.com  They are simply amazing (that is before I look at the price)!  These shoes remind me of Tinkerbelle snowstorm!  If I saw someone walking down the street with these shoes on, I just might have to attempt my first mug!  I am kidding….sorta!  Ha!

So that is the end of my fashion rules!  I can’t wait to post the creations (outfits) I come up with during the holidays!  Remember, as long as you are feeling confident in what you are wearing, others will admire your fashion style!

What is your favorite type of costume jewelry?  Do you have a go to look for the holiday party circuit and gatherings?

19 Responses to “Christmas Fashion”

1. Kris | iheartwellness.com November 30, 2010 at 8:19 pm #

Great tips doll!!! I am in love with large chunky rings right now that add some colour to my outfits 🙂 I am also really digging cute hats, but have been too scared to purchase one and wear it 🙂

Love the dresses!

xxoo

• Balanced Healthy Life December 1, 2010 at 8:41 am #

I love hats as well! After reading your post, I actually just dug mine out from my closet! You totally reminded me! I am now tempted to wear them again!

2. Jamie @ Food in Real Life November 30, 2010 at 8:30 pm #

Love the LBD’s! I also am a fan of costume jewlery. I’ve gotten some great stuff at H&M. I usually wear slacks and a sweater to Xmas, but spice it up with some jewelry like you said. I’m excited to start thinking about what I’ll wear on NYE!

3. Erica December 1, 2010 at 7:08 am #

Great tips! I am not super fashionable 🙂 I like to keep things classic with just a little flair. HUGE fan of the LBD or other similar simple dresses!

4. Laury @thefitnessdish December 1, 2010 at 8:16 am #

LOVE that first necklace…AND THOSE SHOES!!! Ugh, if only I could afford Louboutin’s!

5. Shanna, like Banana December 1, 2010 at 8:49 am #

I’m in love with this post! So faboosh =) And I adore CL shoes…just got my first pair this year and they are beyond fabulous — crimson red patent leather..oh yeah!

And I’m known for my big cocktail rings — they are such fun!

• Balanced Healthy Life December 1, 2010 at 10:08 am #

Glad you loved the post! I am jealous of your CL shoes! I think I’ve seen them on your blog before and they rock!

6. ihearteggs December 1, 2010 at 8:53 am #

I LOVE those Louboutins! …. Did you know Steve madden knocked them off?!

7. Bess December 1, 2010 at 8:57 am #

Totally into online shopping right now…bought 4 pairs of shoes yesterday. I need help.

8. TheSceneFromMe December 1, 2010 at 9:34 am #

I love the black one shoulder dress!
    Unfortunately, where I live, it is too cold to wear that for a holiday party. I’d have goose bumps!
    So I opt for something long sleeved for our holiday party. I love statement necklaces!

• Balanced Healthy Life December 1, 2010 at 10:11 am #

When I lived in MN I was always the idiot in the short party dress when it was -30 outside! I love statemetn necklaces too!

9. Katie December 8, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

Love your blog and love your fashion sense!

I actually have those Louboutins! I ordered them off barneys last month!!! The Ron Ron’s! I got them for my soon to be wedding day and of course to wear for fun nites out! Love louboutins, so worth the money, pure class on your feet! xoxo

• Balanced Healthy Life December 8, 2010 at 7:32 pm #

I am SOOO jealous you have those kick butt shoes! I totally am obsessed with them right now!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. New Years Eve Fashion 2010 « Balanced Healthy Life - December 27, 2010

[…] too lazy to look it up) said, “I rather be looked over then overlooked.”  If you read my Christmas Fashion post, you probably know that I like simple clothes paired with rocking accessories, but as I mentioned […]