Back to the Normal Routine

1 Dec

I can’t believe it is already Wednesday?  This week is flying by!  After have a crazy last three weeks, I am really loving being back in my normal routine.  My normal routine goes something along the lines of this:

• Monday- 5:00am wake up, gym, work, home, dinner bed by 8-9pm
  • Tuesday- 5:00am wake up, gym, work, home, dinner bed by 8-9pm
  • Wednesday-  5:00am wake up, gym, work, home, dinner bed by 8-9pm
  • Thursday-  5:00am wake up, gym, work, home, dinner bed by 8-9pm
  • Friday-  5:00am wake up, gym, early work day, home, dinner bed by 9-10pm
  • Saturday-  6:00-7:00am wake up, coffee, gym, errands, fun, bed my 10pm
  • Sunday-  6:00-7:00am wake up, coffee, church, football, clean house dinner and bed by 9pm

I love my sleep, what can I say?  I think routine in my life makes me keep a better workout schedule, manage stress better, keep the house in order better and also makes me eat healthier.  I am a creature of habit and the last three weeks not having a routine was starting to make me feel a little out of control with my life and also, my health.

Onto other things….I have lots of eats from this week

Monday night dinner- Crock pot creation and water

Tuesday- Breakfast was PB toast on Ezekiel bread with a cup of coffee

Am snack and lunch was a granny smith apple, almonds and a whey protein shake

PM snack was some chips and salsa (I am missing Mexico)

Dinner was a turkey burger on a whole wheat bun with a few sweet potato fries

Wednesday- Breakfast was PB toast and a cup of black coffee

Am snack and lunch- granny smith apple, almonds and a whey protein shake.  Eating while working is always the case in the gym!  At least I have Christmas music playing and a pine scented candle burning!

Dinner tonight is going to be Asian Salad.  I love this salad and haven’t had it in a long time!  I’ll post the recipe tonight for you all!  : )

Question:  Are you a creature of habit?  What does your typical routine look like?

Technorati Tags: ,,

20 Responses to “Back to the Normal Routine”

1. Kat December 1, 2010 at 3:14 pm #

I am a TOTAL creature of habit. My husband says I have ocd lol. I drive the same way home regardless of where I am. I will go out of my way to get to the streets. So wierd. I get up at 6am EVERY morning to check my email, blog and drink coffee. I also always have peanut butter involved in my breakfast somehow, even if its just a spoonful from the jar 😉

2. Mauimandy@The Grains of Paradise December 1, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

I’m jealous! I would LOVE to get to bed by 8-9pm everynight but it never seems to happen…..I wake up at 6am so I always feel pretty sleep deprived. Mahalo for the inspiration though….:)

3. Nora December 1, 2010 at 5:52 pm #

You are SO lucky to get in bed so early! I am seriously jealous of your awesome bed time. I am a teacher, so I get up at the crack of dawn, and I should be going to bed as early as you do, but it never happens!

Can’t wait to see the asian salad recipe… sounds delish! 😉

• Balanced Healthy Life December 1, 2010 at 8:53 pm #

I will post the recipe tomorrow I forgot to go to the store after work to get a head of cabbage! It is an awesome and easy salad!

4. thefitacademic December 1, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

I love to have a routine, but I sometimes have to remind myself that it’s “okay” to go with the flow if something comes up – I still struggle with it, but I try to just let stuff go if it doesn’t always work exactly according to plan (otherwise I’d go crazy!)

5. jsutera654 December 1, 2010 at 6:46 pm #

OMG I am SO with you on routine! YES – it is GREAT to get out of routine in favor of a fantastic tropical retreat, but I hate to admit it, I always miss my “routine’ by the end of the week or whatever. I just crave it somehow. I do try to “let go” more often and get away from routine in favor of quasi-spontaneity but it’s really hard for me! My typical day looks a LOT like yours. Scarily so. 😉

6. Stefanie December 1, 2010 at 6:46 pm #

How weird!!! After writing a post tonight, I was catching up on blogs and we asked the same question today! Great minds think alike I guess! 🙂

I am a creature of habit too! 🙂

• Balanced Healthy Life December 1, 2010 at 8:55 pm #

they must because I just responded to the comment above yours and wrote great minds think alike without even reading your comment yet! I guess they really do! : )

7. Bess December 1, 2010 at 7:27 pm #

I like my sleep a lot too…my boyfriend actually thinks I have narcolepsy because I fall asleep whenever I can!!

• Balanced Healthy Life December 1, 2010 at 8:56 pm #

I love sleep a good 8-9 hours a night is always needed! I just love waking up feeling totally rested!

8. Maren December 1, 2010 at 10:22 pm #

I’m 100% a creature of habit. I go crazy when my routine get’s disrupted. I love your pine scented candle.

• Balanced Healthy Life December 2, 2010 at 7:49 am #

Once Thanksgiving is over, I am totally addicted to pine scented everything!

9. Matt December 2, 2010 at 4:59 pm #

Our schedules are A LOT alike! 5 AM wake ups and early to bed. Isn’t it sad that I am in college?

• Balanced Healthy Life December 2, 2010 at 7:14 pm #

haha! Maybe once you are out of college you can start sleeping in until 6am! Small steps! : )

10. kbwood December 2, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

i LOVEEEEE my routine for real!! I hate getting out of it (well i dont hate it, but i dont love it!) that turkey burger looks awesome!