Busy Thursday

2 Dec

I am so happy it is Friday tomorrow!  Today was filled with work, house duties, getting tricked at the doctor which left me upset, grocery shopping, hot tea run (yum) and laundry.  It was a busy day, but I am happy with all I got done!

Here are my eats of the day-

Breakfast, I had the typical- a cup of black coffee and peanut butter toast on Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread.

AM Snack was an organic granny smith apple with lots of raw almonds.

Lunch was a tortilla with 2 eggs and cheese topped with hot sauce (we were really out of groceries) and a few dark chocolate blueberry balls.

I think this might be the most unappetizing food picture I have posted on the blog to date…..sorry!

PM Snack (post grocery shop) was a handful of chips and fresh new salsa.

Dinner was going to be Asian salad, but the Husband said he really wasn’t hungry so we each had a small bowl of soup instead with a few forks of chicken on the side.  We enjoyed our tea along with the soup.

I love this soup, the Husband only thought it was so-so

I added in freshly ground black pepper and also crushed red peppers to give it a little kick

There was one really awesome thing that happened today.  We got Quincy’s (the puppy we don’t get until January 1st) Pottery Barn Christmas stocking delivered today!  YAY!  The Husband liked it, but said “He has a nicer stocking then we do,” which is true.  It is so cute, if you have pets I highly recommend this pet stocking.  It is so fluffy and soft.  As the Husband said, “The first thing I thought when you opened it (the stocking) up was how much it reminds me of him and I don’t even know him.”  My Husband has a soft spot for dog, awww!  : )

All together now

Speaking of Quincy, here is an updated picture of the little fellow!  I can’t believe how proud of him I already am!  I just love showing his picture to anyone that will look and listen!  Can you imagine what I will become once I have kids?

Quincy- 2 1/2 weeks

Question:  What were the highlights of your day?  Do you love your pets like they are your real children?  Do you splurge on anything for your pets?

35 Responses to “Busy Thursday”

1. Jess December 2, 2010 at 7:15 pm #

The puppy is adorable! I can’t wait to see pics once you get him!

2. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) December 2, 2010 at 7:19 pm #

I love my cat but she lives at my house back home when I’m away from school. I treat her like she is a princess hehe.

Some of the food I have posted on here looks a lot less appetizing. I feel it you brighten the photo everything looks good…or put it on a pretty plate ha. 🙂

• Balanced Healthy Life December 2, 2010 at 8:47 pm #

I’ll have to try your tip to brighten the photos when they don’t look good! Thanks!

3. hungryforbalance December 2, 2010 at 7:43 pm #

What a cute puppy! This is my first time checking out your blog- I love your header picutre! I’m suddenly craving a glass of wine 😉

• Balanced Healthy Life December 2, 2010 at 8:49 pm #

Thanks for taking time to check out my blog! The header photo is from Puerto Vallarta in like 2006 or 2007, I am glad you like it!

4. gabriellaroselli December 2, 2010 at 8:31 pm #

New to the blog 🙂 Your puppy is ADORABLE!

5. Stefanie December 2, 2010 at 10:28 pm #

What an adorable pup! I totally treat my pets like they are part of the family! Splurging for family is necessary, right? 😉

6. Maren December 2, 2010 at 11:34 pm #

That red pepper and tomato soup is the best! It’s my absolute favorite!

7. Alicia @ Addsomesprinkles December 3, 2010 at 12:11 am #

What an adorable puppy!!!! I’m sorry thats all I can remember about the post 🙂 Loving your blog.

8. eatspinlive December 3, 2010 at 5:27 am #

Your pup is super cute!! My two pets have their own stockings too 🙂 and yes, they are totally like my children!! Lol

9. Bess December 3, 2010 at 7:12 am #

Well since you read my blog occassionally I know you have seen TONS of pics of Maverick!! I’m obsessed with my puppy! Even though he weighs about 75 pounds haha! Don’t worry…its totally normal to already be so proud and obsessive 🙂

10. Erica December 3, 2010 at 7:21 am #

I am loving granny smith apples right now. With a little nut butter, they make the perfect snack. The puppers is ADORABLE, as is the stocking! I am obsessed with my dog. He has his own stocking too 😉

11. ihearteggs December 3, 2010 at 8:10 am #

My mom still jokes that my cat fritz is her first grandchild that’s how much of my baby he is. While I dont splurge on toys and all that for him (his bed is my bed and he prefers tin foil to cat toys) I do splurge on his food and such becuas ein the end that’s what matters!

12. jsutera654 December 3, 2010 at 8:39 am #

I SO treat my two cats as my kids! I love them to pieces!! Your puppy looks SO freakin’ adorable!!

13. Shanna, like Banana December 3, 2010 at 8:47 am #

My pets are my life and outrank many humans 😉 I have 3 and love them with all my heart.

Can’t wait to see Quincy Jan 1st!

14. Kris | iheartwellness.com December 3, 2010 at 11:59 am #

What a cute pup!! I love these pictures, please keep sharing more with us 🙂

You food looks amazing…..what are these dark chocolate blueberry balls? YUMMY!

Awww, our dog, Hudson is totally our little boy. He is our life right now and love him like part of the family! My family usually puts on a birthday party for him, it is so sweet 🙂

xxoo

• Balanced Healthy Life December 3, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

A birthday party? That is so cute!
      The chocolates are from Costco, they come in a bag and area delicious quick sweet treat. They also come in pomegrante flavor!

15. Mauimandy@The Grains of Paradise December 3, 2010 at 12:23 pm #

OMG Quincy is soooooo adorable!! Lucky you! Yes, I treat my cat ( Taj ) like my child. I can’t imagine what stress case I’ll be when I have a real one!
    Aloha!

16. Lisa December 3, 2010 at 1:03 pm #

I LOVE how you eat! Everything looks so delish!

17. Eileen Anderson (Mom) December 3, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

Oh my Gosh! Does my granddog have BLUE EYES????
    He is going to be a BIG Boy…….
    I love the idea of a puppy party……(great theme)..
    Love, Mom

• Balanced Healthy Life December 3, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

I think he will end up with brown eyes, I think they are just blue since he is still so little!

18. thefitacademic December 3, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

omg – if Quincy isn’t the cutest thing I’ve ever seen then I don’t know what is!!! That soup looks yum! I love roasted red peppers!

19. kbwood December 3, 2010 at 11:37 pm #

i LOVEEEEE those stockings! I want one like quincy!!