Weekend Update

6 Dec

I don’t know about you, but this past weekend flew by!  I can’t believe it is already Monday morning!   I wont bore you with all the details but here is a quick recap of my weekend.

Saturday- breakfast- PB and hummus on a deli thin, Lunch- pita with parmesan cheese and hummus, dinner was eggplant parmesan (we went out to dinner with friends).  Saturday was filled with working out, laundry, running errands and meeting up with friends to watch the Prescott Courthouse lighting then out to dinner.

Ready for the courthouse lighting.  It was too warm to wear the hat and big scarf once we got there.

Sunday- Breakfast was PB toast with coffee, Lunch was mushroom bites we ate during the Vikings football game, Dinner was homemade pizza (it didn’t taste great).  Sunday morning I did a hot yoga DVD while the husband went to the gym, afterwards I ran to the grocery store to buy ingredients to make a homemade pizza, I watched the football game, cooked pizza, finished the ending to the movie Eat, Pray, Love (am I the only one who did not like the movie one bit?), got ready for Monday and watched Dexter (Best. Show. Ever.)

Any other Dexter fans?

Source

Holiday inspired breakfast

Barkan Yoga- loves it!

Football Lunch/Snack- Mushroom Bites (Alexis Brand)

Homemade pizza

I was ready to go!

The dough was looking promising!

I like shredding my own cheese.  I don’t like thinking the pre-shredded cheese you can buy in the store has sat with every piece of cheese touching the plastic bag.  When I shred my own, most of the cheese has never been in contact with plastic.

I forgot to buy jalapenos at the store, then remembered we had pickled hot peppers left over from our wedding- score, those suckers are hot hot hot!

Mexican pizza- pickled jalapeño peppers, avocado, fresh cilantro, red onion, mozzarella and nitrate and antibiotic free chorizo.   We eat this one, the crust was just okay.  Once I perfect the recipe for perfect pizza crust, I’ll post it on the blog.

This pizza had pesto, fresh basil, sun dried tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.  It was way to oily once it came out of the oven so we couldn’t eat it.  It was garbage.  Next time I wont put as much pesto on it.

Morning Meditation

Motivation for the Day:  Feel as healthy and centered as I can be

Three Things I am Thankful for Today:  1-  Holiday season, everyone is always more cheery this time of year, 2-  Husband  3-  Having a wonderful weekend

Goal for the Day:  Eat a salad for either lunch or dinner

Motivational Quote of the Day:  A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. – Albert Einstein

Today I am going switching my Monday and Tuesday workouts this week, so I’ll be doing intervals and strength.

Question:  What fun thing did you do this weekend?

20 Responses to “Weekend Update”

1. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) December 6, 2010 at 10:11 am #

That pizza looks so yummy. I’m so scared to make a homemade pizza. The Vikings had a really good game this weekend-I watched from the Bills side with my boyfriend…not like I expected them to win but he always does…

Anywho-I wasn’t the biggest fan of eat, prey, love either.

2. Jess December 6, 2010 at 10:43 am #

I love Dexter! I wasn’t a big fan of the movie either, it didn’t measure up to the book for me.

3. Maren December 6, 2010 at 11:07 am #

Those pizzas look so delicious. I always struggle with the dough and getting it the right consistency to roll out without being too sticky.

• Balanced Healthy Life December 7, 2010 at 3:12 pm #

our dough consistency came out good, but I think we made the crust too thick! I can’t wait to try again!

4. Erica December 6, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

The weekends TOTALLY fly by. The pizzas look fabulous. Bummer the results weren’t what you wanted! We had a very fun weekend- a couple holiday parties and a brunch out!

• Balanced Healthy Life December 7, 2010 at 3:13 pm #

I love having brunch out! I always have so much fun and it is such a great start to a weekend day!

5. Kat December 6, 2010 at 3:10 pm #

Mmm homemade pizza looks delicious. I dont have a rolling pin either so I usually use my bottled diet coke lol. Hey whatever gets the job done!! I was sick this weekend so nothing fun for me 😦 I did get to watch some crazy football games though, which is always a plus!

6. Laury @thefitnessdish December 6, 2010 at 4:56 pm #

I am OBSESSED with Dexter….OMG….I am catching up on it tonight, I missed it last night, but it’s been SUCH a great season!!!!!

Never had Mexican Pizza….looks tasty!

• Balanced Healthy Life December 7, 2010 at 3:14 pm #

It is such a good season! I can’t wait for the finale on Sunday! I wish there were more than 12 episodes a season though!

7. Shanna, like Banana December 6, 2010 at 6:11 pm #

Jalapenos on pizza rock! I need to remember that 😉

I attempted xmas shopping and it was a hairy experience 😉

8. cardiopizza December 7, 2010 at 6:26 am #

I also shred my own cheese…it has so much more flavor in my opinion!

9. Tracie December 7, 2010 at 7:47 am #

That pizza looks delicious!

I was just curious – what kind of peanut butter do you eat?

• Balanced Healthy Life December 7, 2010 at 3:19 pm #

We get our PB at Costco- Kirkland Brand Organic with only peanuts and salt for ingredients.

10. fabuleuxdestinbrenna December 8, 2010 at 8:54 am #

What a cute Christmas mug!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Homemade Black and Bleu Pizza & KitchenAid Pizza Crust « Balanced Healthy Life - February 12, 2011

[…] you had been reading this blog for a while, you probably remember the epic failure the last time we made homemade pizza.  It turned out terribly and both the husband and I put […]