Good Morning

11 Dec

So last night was one heck of a Friday night.  We wanted to keep the night low key, so we ordered Chinese food around 6pm and decided to watch the movie Ratatouille.  Once we ordered the food, we poured 2 glasses of wine and started talking while waiting for our food, it was going to take 30-40 minutes.  An hour went by and still no food, all of a sudden we get a call telling us they are busy and our food probably wont get delivered for another hour.  So, we had another glass of wine while waiting.  Another hour goes by and still no food!  By this time we had already finished a bottle of wine and were on our second with no food in our stomachs.  At around 9:15pm, we finally had a knock on the door and got our food.  By the time our food arrived, I was drunk off red wine.  Needless to say, I didn’t get any pictures.  I ate my food and went to bed.  I woke up about 5 times during the night and chugged water to make sure I felt great when I woke up.  Lesson learned, I can’t drink conspicuous amount of wine anymore, like I could 5 years ago in college!

On the agenda today- pm workout (I still need to recover a bit ), laundry, clean the house, Costco, New Frontiers (our local organic grocery store), bake Spicy Oatmeal Cookies (the husband’s request) and make a batch of Beef and Barley soup in the crock pot (this one I’ve been craving- weird?) and cook up some grass fed ground beef for tacos and stuffed peppers.

Source

We did get a great deal on our wine yesterday, we shop for wine at Safeway since they have the best prices on wine.  We usually buy 6 bottles at a time to get an additional 10% discount off the already low wine prices.  Yesterday we picked up 6 bottles of Ravens Wood Zin and out total bill for all 6 bottles was only 44 bucks!  That’s like 4 glasses of wine out at a restaurant!  So if you are a wine drinker and have a Safeway near buy, I highly recommend buying your wine there.

Source

Source

My Eats from yesterday were PB toast and coffee for breakfast,

AM Snack was an orange and walnuts (I actually strayed from an apple and almonds),

Lunch was an tortilla with hummus and eggs (random, but we didn’t have a lot of food options left in our house) and dinner was Chinese.  We ordered Moo Shu Chicken and Kung Pau Beef.  I also snacked on some dark chocolates while waiting for dinner to arrive.  My body is now craving fruit and vegetables to get rid of the sodium from dinner last night.

These are sold at Costco

Well, I gotta run and get my day started!  I can’t wait to be done with all the chores so I can relax and enjoy the weekend a little today!

Question:  What fun plans do you have for this weekend?

8 Responses to “Good Morning”

1. Kat December 11, 2010 at 9:20 am #

Omg how rude of those people!! I would probably never buy from them again. When I am hungry, I want my food ASAP lol I dont do well waiting haha. I need to head to costo and find those berries!! I have dark chocolate blueberries but my stash is running low!!

2. Natalia - a side of simple December 11, 2010 at 9:57 am #

This weekend I’m celebrating one of my friend’s 21st birthdays, so your wine stock sure has me in the mood! Have a great weekend, girl 🙂

3. Shanna, like Banana December 11, 2010 at 9:58 am #

Your night sounds like mine! We had a later reservation for dinner with friends (830p) and I normally eat around 6 or 7 so I was biding my time with the vino. We didn’t eat until 930 and I was famished and a wee bit tipsy 😉

4. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) December 11, 2010 at 10:03 am #

Hehe. I hate eating late booo. This weekend we are having a swim team gathering which will be fun but other than that, just studying for finals.

5. jsutera654 December 11, 2010 at 10:10 am #

What a riot! I mean, the wine part, not the fact that it took WAY too long to get your food! I hope they took some money off your bill after that, geesh! At least it makes for a good story after the fact. 😉 Enjoy the rest of the weekend, lady!

6. Jess December 11, 2010 at 1:33 pm #

I have a few holiday parties to go to! One of which I went to last night, and also drank just a bit too much!

7. Erica December 12, 2010 at 11:05 am #

Wow! That is such a ridiculous wait for food! Glad you finally got it at least. Spicy Oatmeal Cookies? I’m excited to see the recipe for these! Weekend has been good- Christmas party, lots of baking, dinner with parents, gym, and today is more a chill day

8. Jamie @ Food in Real Life December 13, 2010 at 8:39 am #

Whenever I have that pre-meal glass of wine, I get such a major buzz! Such a lightweight now. I wish they sold booze in the grocery stores in PA. It’s so annoying that they don’t! Hope the rest of your weekend was great!