Morning Encounters and Brett Favre

14 Dec

This morning, I had a great workout.  I did a 20 minute warm up on the treadmill for about 2 miles then did 40 minutes of weights.  I did 50 push ups followed by bicep curls on the cables, lateral raises, cable one arm triceps push downs, triceps one arm extensions, straight leg dips, squats on the smith machine, high leg hip kicks and then attempted to do more push ups but my arms were shot!  I’m already excited to drive into the gym tomorrow morning.  The past two days we have driven in we’ve seen some cool stuff.  Monday morning, we saw a bobcat!

Source

This morning on the drive in, we saw two shooting stars!  I haven’t seen a shooting star in such a long time!

Source

Breakfast this morning is going to be PB toast (simple and easy) with a cup of black coffee.  Before work, I’ll have the flaxseed and chia seed drink!

Eats from yesterday were:  AM snack- banana and walnuts, Lunch- whey protein shake, Dinner- 1 1/2 bowls beef and barley soup with peppermint bark for dessert (I just couldn’t help myself)!  : )

Morning Meditation

Motivation for the Day:  After Caitlin’s big win for Girls on the Run last night, it has motivated me to start looking for a charity to get involved in or find a way to start giving back to the community more!  Thanks for the motivation!

Three Things I am Thankful for Today:  1-  Hardest day of the week, Monday, is already over!  2-  Brett Favre looking super cute in his sweats at last night’s Vikings game!  I asked the Husband he if would put on a winter hat like Favre’s and he gave me the funniest look like “you have got to be kidding me, are you serious” (sorry Husband)!

3- Arizona’s weather is going to start go get cold tomorrow!  Yay, it will feel much more like Christmas!

Goal for the Day:  Salad for dinner (I’m feeling very bloated today and need veggies) and start writing an article that is due soon for a magazine!

Motivational Quote of the Day:  What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Question:  What is your favorite sport to watch?  What team is your favorite?

13 Responses to “Morning Encounters and Brett Favre”

1. CaSaundra December 14, 2010 at 7:46 am #

Bobcats are so pretty! I see them occasionally around here. And how cold is cold for AZ!? I would probably take your cold vs MN cold of -34 F this morning :-/

• Kjirsten December 14, 2010 at 11:48 am #

Well, it is going to get down into the 50 by tomorrow and then we might get into the 40s for a day or two after that! Yay! Since I was born and raised in MN, I feel your pain of the MN winters.

2. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) December 14, 2010 at 7:50 am #

I love watching football. Even though, I swim and run cross country, I know those are not very interesting to watch for spectators. Especially swimming.

I thought Favre looked adorable in his hat. My boyfriend was all crazy because he loves the Bills and they were what caused the whole ordeal. Not that the Bills do much of anything right but anywho.

Have a lovely week.

• Kjirsten December 14, 2010 at 11:48 am #

I am still holding a slight grudge against the Bills for ruining Favre’s chance at 300 games! : )

3. Shanna, like Banana December 14, 2010 at 8:29 am #

Yikes! Bobcat!

I love the NBA because the boys are sooo tall and the game is fast-paced =)

• Kjirsten December 14, 2010 at 11:49 am #

I love watching the Celtics! The Hubsand likes KG and I love cheering for Paul Pierce!

4. Maren December 14, 2010 at 9:20 am #

Holy cow! A bobcat?! That’s insane. Your workout sounds so amazing. I love the feeling of jello limbs after a great workout.

• Kjirsten December 14, 2010 at 11:50 am #

I love walking out of the gym and not being able to raise my arms!

5. jsutera654 December 14, 2010 at 9:29 am #

Awesome workout, lady!! And um, you saw a bobcat?? That is crazy!!

• Kjirsten December 14, 2010 at 11:51 am #

I’ve only seen 2 baby bobcats in our neighborhood before over a year ago and hadn’t seen any since. I cool with the bobcats as long as the mountain lions stay away from our neighborhood!

6. Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 14, 2010 at 10:31 am #

I’m all about college football. Love it! And that’s a great quote. I need to store it somewhere.

I haven’t seen shooting stars in forever. How cool that you saw two!

• Kjirsten December 14, 2010 at 11:51 am #

I’m glad you liked the quote! I fell in love with it the moment I read it. It’s a good one to always have on hand when you need to put things in perspective!

7. Jess December 14, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

That’s awesome that you saw a bobcat! I’ve never seen one:)
    Hockey is my favorite, I’m a Buffalo Sabres fan!