One Busy Day

15 Dec

Hey everyone!  Sorry for just getting around to posting today, it’s been one very busy day.  It’s the 15th, and that means it’s payday for our personal trainers.  It usually takes me a good two days to to cut their checks and update all the information in our systems to make sure everything is right on track.  In addition to that, I trained this morning and had to deal with a few other things.  Before I knew it, it was 3pm!  I love days when time flies at work!

I have a few quick things to share with you.  This morning my workout at the gym went like this:  40 minutes on the treadmill then 20 minutes of core work.  We didn’t see anything cool on the way to the gym, but on the way back we did see this and I got super excited!

What is it you might ask?  It’s the telltale signs of a beautiful sunrise!

30 minutes later

I love sunrises and sunsets!  Brilliant colors!  This sunrise totally made my day awesome!

Breakfast was 2 eggs on a low sodium piece of Ezekiel bread topped with salsa and a little pepper jack cheese and a cup of coffee.

Am snack at work was a green smoothie (2-3 cups spinach, 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk and 1 banana).  I poured it into a to go bottle and took it with me to work.  By 10:30am, I was so happy I made this, it hit the spot!

Around noon, I had a blueberry Chobani (not pictured).

I was pretty hungry when I got home from work, so I made up a Ezekiel pita, hummus, spring mix and natural turkey sandwich.  It was so-so.

We are planning on a salad with chicken breast for dinner.  I’m not sure what kind of salad, but we will probably end up eating later then usually since we had another late lunch today!  I’m not sure what else I’ll be doing tonight since the Husband is already into his PS3 and I don’t imagine him stopping anytime soon.  I might need to find a new hobby!

Question:  What are your favorite at home hobbies?

13 Responses to “One Busy Day”

1. Jess December 15, 2010 at 4:01 pm #

Sunset is beautiful!

2. Katie December 15, 2010 at 6:23 pm #

I love beautiful sunsets! I wish I was on abeach right now seeing one instead of freezing here! lol!

Oh PS3! My son is getting that for xmas! Glad your hubby loves it! Your a great wife!

3. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) December 15, 2010 at 6:30 pm #

That is beautiful!

I keep meaning to buy pita pockets but I always forget or get side tracked at the store booo.

4. Amalfi Girl December 15, 2010 at 7:01 pm #

Wow, how early do you go to the gym?! I am lucky, I have a treadmill upstairs and a stationary bike downstairs, so basically I can just stumble out of bed and I’m likely to land on my method of exercise that day. 🙂

5. Erica December 15, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

BEAUTIFUL sunrise. And I haven’t had a blueberry chobs in ages. I am going to pick a few up this weekend- they are one of my favs. My husband plays xbox, I feel for you.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 15, 2010 at 8:06 pm #

haha! Husbands and their games! At least I had a chance to get caught up on blog reading in the past two nights! : )

6. allie December 15, 2010 at 7:47 pm #

Wow, beautiful picture! I LOVE when work days fly by as well, so awesome :o) All of your food pictures look and sound yummy. My boyfriend is pretty obsessed with playing call of duty on ps3 *sigh* hahah. My favorite at home hobby is relaxing with my dogs! Have a nice evening!

7. Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life December 15, 2010 at 8:37 pm #

Those pictures of the sunrise are gorgeous. I love them too!

and I just have to comment on that beautiful plate your breakfast was on. Where did you get it?