Happy New Year

1 Jan

I hope everyone had a great night ringing in 2011.  I can’t believe we are already in the year 2011!  It seems like yesterday was 1999!

Like I posted in the previous post, the Husband and I stayed in and had a nice quite evening.  We ordered pizza and watched Meet the Parents.  We finished it in bed since the puppy decided it was bed time and when the puppy sleeps, we sleep.

Here are my New Year resolutions for 2011

• Stay completely organized.  I am a very organized person, but during the craziness of the week, lose a little bit of it.  So this year I want to keep it going during the week.
  • Workout 5 times per week.  These will include both strength and cardio workouts.  If I can get in 5 a week, I’m in great shape.
  • Do yoga 2-3 times per week.  This will help me to de-stress, keep my anxiety down, increase my flexibility and hopefully help my problem hips.
  • Meditate for minimum 10 minutes a day.  I meditate in our workout room at home with the light off.  I sit cross legged and just concentrate on my breathing.  When I notice my thoughts going elsewhere, I just bring myself back to the breathing.

I had a great 2010, it was a bit crazy at times, but it was a great year for me.  I got married and became a puppy mom!  : )

Cheers to 2011, may this be the best year ever!

Question:  What are your New Years resolutions?

15 Responses to “Happy New Year”

1. Kat January 1, 2011 at 4:24 pm #

Yoga is a big one for me too!! I love the way it makes my body feel but I usually dont have much patience for it. I really want to get into it more though!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 3, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

It something that always sounds good to me until I’m about to do it. Then I always find other things that need to get done, like blogging! : )

2. kbwood January 1, 2011 at 9:58 pm #

HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRL!
    yoga is so for me too! I really want to get into it!

3. Stefanie January 1, 2011 at 11:41 pm #

Happy new year! And I need to try and stay organized during the week too! It seems like as the week progresses I get less and less organized! Then I organize for hours on the weekend to get everything back in order. I could save all those weekend hours if I kept it going during the week! 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 3, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

I agree! I always declutter my desk on Sundays and get everything in order but then somehow everything becomes so messy midweek!

4. Katie January 2, 2011 at 7:51 am #

Hi!

Love that you have yoga on your list too! Me as well!!! I really want to practice it more!!!!

We actually ended up staying in on NYE too, I got sick, and we still had a great night! I really do enjoy staying in more, we both are not big drinkers or party animals, we are homebodies too!

The stir fry was amazing, I need to buy a wok , I should to make yum stir frys at home!

Happy New Year! xoxo

5. Jessica@tastyandtrim January 2, 2011 at 11:23 am #

My number one resolution is to live in the moment rather than concentrate on the past or planning the future too much! I hope you have an amazing 2011!! 🙂

6. Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 2, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

Great goals and resolutions! My main ones are getting back in shape by getting back to my normal eating habits and accomplishing fitness goals. I also want to continue growing things like my faith, the blog, friendships, etc.

I just want to focus on making each day the absolute best I can.

7. Laury @TheFitnessDish January 3, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

Happy New Year to you!!! Sounds like you have some awesome goals in place!! I plan to continue to get the best nutrition I can, and stay as active as I can in my current condition….and work hard once the baby is born to get my body back to where it was!! I also plan to make small goals along the way in terms of organization and my business 🙂

8. Maren January 3, 2011 at 8:12 pm #

such a cute puppy. Cutest puppy ever!