Leftovers for Dinner and Pita Pizza

4 Jan

Today was pretty similar to yesterday.  I woke up, went to the gym for a great workout, 15 minutes of cardio on the treadmill as a warm up and legs plus light back.  Work was busy!  I had to run home at 11am to let the puppy out and get back to eat my AM snack and start training again noon.  Before I knew it, it was time to get home and take care of the puppy again.  Once home, I started in on the house chores, after I took the puppy outside for some Mommy and Quincy time.  I did laundry, made a delicious PM snack since I was starving and then started in on dinner (it was easy breezy).

Here are my other eats of the day:  Breakfast- peanut butter on a toasted deli thin with 1/2 cup of black coffee, AM snack- handful of walnuts & strawberry Chobani, Lunch- whey protein shake mixed with good old water, PM snack- turkey pepperoni pita pizza, Dinner- leftover spicy pasta.

Pita Pizza

This is a great flavorful snack/appetizer and it is ultra easy to make.  Plus, its high in fiber and protein!  Make this for yourself or for friends and family.  Since the toppings can vary, you can please everyone!

Ingredients

• Turkey pepperoni or any vegetable you have on hand
  • 1/4 cup organic shredded mozzarella
  • 1 Ezekiel pita (or your favorite whole wheat pita)
  • 1/4 cup hummus, any flavor you have on hand will do

Turn the oven to broil (high).  Take the pita, and evenly spread 1/2 the cheese.  Next add the toppings, in my case, I used left over turkey pepperoni we had in the fridge.  Cover with the remaining cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the pita is cooked.  Serve immediately with a side of your favorite hummus.  Enjoy!

How simple and yummy is that?  I made one for the Husband once he got home from work and he really liked it.  I will be making these little guys anytime a pizza craving hits!

Cute Quincy Picture of the Day

SAM_3346 SAM_3347

Question:  How was your Tuesday?  Anything fun and exciting happen?

Okay, I’m off to watch The Biggest Loser!

16 Responses to “Leftovers for Dinner and Pita Pizza”

1. Amy January 5, 2011 at 6:08 am #

I took a spinning class yesterday and am so sore today followed by powerpump. It was a good day!

2. Caree @ Fit-Mama January 5, 2011 at 8:12 am #

Yum! What a great idea with the pita pizza! I will have to try that!

3. Heather January 5, 2011 at 10:50 am #

We do pita pizzas most of the time I make pizza. Then I can load up hubbys & make mine a little more “diet” friendly.

4. Maren January 5, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

That pita pizza looks amazing. I’ll have to make it this weekend when I’m finally home for some cooking time.

5. sophia January 5, 2011 at 9:55 pm #

You just reminded me that I haven’t had pita pizza for a long time. My favorite one was with miso hummus, apples, ham, and cheddar cheese. 🙂

6. Jamie @ Food in Real Life January 6, 2011 at 11:15 am #

I love pita pizza! YUM!

7. Natalia - a side of simple January 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm #

Pita and tortilla pizzas rock my world. They’re so easy and perfect to whip up in a second when you’re craving the tastiness of a pizza.

8. CaSaundra January 10, 2011 at 9:15 am #

I used to make pita pizzas all the time for a quick lunch–I don’t know why I haven’t made em for such a long time. Thanks for the reminder!

9. sweetlyvegan September 6, 2011 at 12:19 pm #

After seeing them on your blog I bought some Ezekial pita’s at Sprouts market the other day and today was the first day I made a pita pizza. WOW!!! I am so glad I tried this it was amazing and I will absolutely be making these all the time!
    I broiled the pita on high for a few minutes prior like you had suggested, and then took it out to put the toppings on. I put on TJ’s Marinara Sauce, sprinkles of shredded Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese, lots of chiffonade fresh basil, a few small clumps of crushed garlic (TJ’s from a jar), crimini mushrooms that I brushed with EVOO, sea salt & pepper, and a little EVOO drizzled on the top. It was to die 🙂 The bf walked into the kitchen and he was like what did you make? smells soo good. lol there was no pizza left cuz I scarfed it down in like 1.5 seconds. Thanks! xo

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. What you never knew you wanted to know « Shanna Like Banana's Blog - January 6, 2011

[…] tag Kjirsten, Jennifer,  Chelsey, Leah, Courtney, Gracie, and Josh you’re […]