Lunch and Crazy Quincy

25 Jan

For lunch, I made a chicken Boca patty.  I had it on an Ezekiel pita with vegan mayo, organic lettuce and organic tomato!  It was delish and totally hit the spot!

Today was the first time I tried this Spectrum Eggless vegan Mayo and I give it two thumbs up!  Great flavor!

SAM_3681 SAM_3679 SAM_3682 SAM_3683

While I was at home, Quincy couldn’t get enough attention.  These aren’t his most flattering pics, but they sure are funny!  : )

SAM_3688 SAM_3689 SAM_3690

SAM_3691 SAM_3692

Question:  I have a block of tofu in the fridge that needs to be eaten, what is your favorite go to tofu recipe?  I can’t decide what to make with it!

9 Responses to “Lunch and Crazy Quincy”

1. Shanna, like Banana January 25, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

Ooo you’re going to use that super tasty tofu right?

I like to cut it up in 1″ cubes and then soak it in Low Sodium Soy sauce and maybe some lemon pepper, paprika, or whatever you have on hand. Let it marinade for about an hour, while you cut up veggies. Then in a huge sautee pan, cook up your veggies. About 10 minutes before the veggies are ready, heat up a second saute pan with some EVOO and drop in your tofu cubes. Stir/flip after 5 minutes. Combine when you’re done.

Here is a version of it: http://shannalikebanana.wordpress.com/2010/08/13/cabbage-for-rice-and-a-giveaway/

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

Yes, I want to use that super tasty tofu! It’s been looking at me in the eye every time I open the fridge! I might be making a version of your recipe tomorrow night! : ) Thanks for sharing!

2. Leah @ Why Deprive? January 25, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

Ok – your puppy is adorable!! 🙂

I really like tofu in stir fry. It soaks up tons of flavor, and its really hard to mess up. Probably why thats all I ever do with it.

3. J.Lynn January 25, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

I just found this recipe in the Food Network Magazine that I can not wait to try:
    Peanut Butter Mousse

Puree one 12.3-ounce package silken tofu (I’m sure whatever tofu you have will work) and 1/3 cup each reduced-fat creamy peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar in a blender until smooth. Divide among glasses, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes. Top with a dollop of Marshmallow Fluff and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and/or chocolate.

Sounds simple yet delicious 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2011 at 7:06 am #

This does sound good, but I’m not sure it would be a balanced healthy dinner! Maybe desset though! : ) It does sound good!

4. Laury @thefitnessdish January 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

Ohhh, i will have to try the Spectrum Vegan Mayo! I love their products…didn’t even know they made that!!!

As far as the tofu goes….hmm….I think a good marinade would do it. The ting with tofu is it takes whatever flavor you want, no taste really. So whip up your favorite marinade and add it to a wrap or a bed of quinoa!

5. Elin @andserenitytoo January 26, 2011 at 10:05 am #

Aww your dog is so cute 🙂
    I am really tofucally challenged and also have a block of tofu in my fridge that needs to be eaten, so I’m really looking forward to seeing what you’ll do with yours!
    Glad I found your blog!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

I think we are going to end up making a stir fry with it tomorrow, but I am not sure yet. I’m still up in the air!

6. emily (a nutritionist eats) January 26, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

I love tofu – I always press it (to get water out) and then bake. Topped with a peanut sauce = delicious!!